It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas plays a Zero-sum game (What would you do???)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

IMAGINE your next-door neighbour — with whom you have had a long and bloody feud — pulling out a gun and shooting into your windows from his own lounge room, which is densely packed with women and children. In fact, he's holding his daughter on his lap as he claims he will not stop till your family is dead. Police are unavailable. What should you do?

One option is to do nothing, or little. You try this for a while. After all, your neighbour is poor and traumatised, and you must bear some of the blame. Finally, as one shot hits your child's bedroom, you decide that enough is enough. You pull out your far superior gun. You attempt a surgical strike: aim at the shooter's head, try to spare the innocents.

In an abstract sense, this is what Israel is doing. But there is nothing surgical about the blood and agony that has engulfed Gaza since Saturday. Try as it might to target militants alone, Israel cannot achieve this. Civilian bodies are being pulled out of the rubble of military bases — because, like our metaphorical gunman's home, militants and civilians inhabit the same urban space in the Gaza Strip.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Brisbane Times - When a regime uses its citizens as tools of war

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sad that they do. This warrants just as much criticism as the war itself. Even if the Palestinians wanted to tell the militants to stash their weapons elsewhere, they can't. They would be killed on the spot.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Personally IMO I wouldn't sit back and tolerate it for very long ( you can only turn the other cheek so many times).

An example of preventable civilian casualties is the Hamas leader killed in his own house. 2 Wives dead and some of his children. Didn't this guy make any effort to protect his family or were they better dead to be used a propaganda.

Any group/organisation that uses children for its own ends is SICK and doesn't deserve to exist.

Also finally I always remember the people of Gaza celebrating 9/11. Giving out lollies etc. as nearly 3000 Americans were killed....

What goes around comes around KARMA dudes

Youtube link -Palestinians celebrates 9/11

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's a bad situation all around. On the one hand, the average Palestinian civilian is an innocent as an Israeli as far as the violence goes. On the other hand, it's not Israel's responsibility to let it's own citizens be killed because it's enemies hide amongst the civilian population.

You could argue for years over who is ultimately responsible for what is going on in Gaza. But right now, today, it's hard to blame Israel for being fed up with it's neighbor.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Imagine though if the house you live in is actually on your neighbors property illegally and you chose to build your house there against his will and each year you move the boundary of your fence a little further out decreasing the amount of your neighbors property available as his space completely against his will and wishes, what would be the end result of that situation? I am not saying what that article snip is saying is wrong but I am always a person that loves to dash hypothetical comparisons that aren't truly depicting the full truth, I am a firm believer in "there are always two sides to a story".

new topics

top topics

join