It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

by cydonia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hi to everybody.
I introduce me.
I am Cydonia 410 circles .
I ask excuse everybody , but my English is very bad , because I' m Italian .

I will do the possible one , to improve my English.

Nice to meet you CYDONIA

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Prepare to defend your thoughts, beliefs, points of views and religion, o yea almost forgot welcome to the suck, deny ignorance

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cydonia410circles
Hi to everybody.
I introduce me.

Nice to meet you CYDONIA

glad to have you onboard. i want to visit italy one of these days. i've heard the northern italy is great in the summer and southern italy is great during the winter...well, as far as the temperture. my wife went there during her 20's and said all she lived on was pasta, bread, and wine.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Good luck and trust me being on ATS every day will help you with English especially writing obviously

Look forward to seeing you around forums aswell

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Welcome Cydonia! It's always great to have people here who will contribute the perspective of another country. If you need anything, just let me know!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cydonia410circles

Welcome Cydonia! I am continually amazed at how much of the world speaks English as a second language. Which reminds me of a joke....

What do you call someone who speaks two languages? Bilinqual.
What do you call someone who speaks one language? An American.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Prepare to defend your thoughts, beliefs, points of views and religion, o yea almost forgot welcome to the suck, deny ignorance

thanks. You are right....
it needs to defend the personal ideas.
before writing in this forum, I wrote in another American forum where I have made some true crusades to defend my ideologies.
I hope to find better me in this forum.....

thank you very much ...... Fox Striker

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Hi to everybody.
I introduce me.

Nice to meet you CYDONIA

glad to have you onboard. i want to visit italy one of these days. i've heard the northern italy is great in the summer and southern italy is great during the winter...well, as far as the temperture. my wife went there during her 20's and said all she lived on was pasta, bread, and wine.

If you want to visit the Italy , the best period is the spring.
In the summer there is too much heat , especially in the North Italy.

This year , there have been 40 degrees for June , to the first days of September .
I live in the North Italy.
Precisely , I live next to Maranello .
To Maranello , they make the Ferrari .

thank you jimmyx

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
Welcome Cydonia! It's always great to have people here who will contribute the perspective of another country. If you need anything, just let me know!

Thakk you very much CELTANGEL

to me it fascinates a lot , to talk to people of other countries.
I like to know different cultures.
I like to know the opinions of people , that they live in other countries.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants

Welcome Cydonia! I am continually amazed at how much of the world speaks English as a second language. Which reminds me of a joke....

What do you call someone who speaks one language? An American. [/qu

ote]

unfortunately , I don't know the English language .
I have studied for 9 years the French language, but I have never studied the English language.
Then my English is very bad.
But the Americans speak the correct language.
The English language is essential.
it is very better to speak only a language , but to speak the correct language.
The Americans are very fortunate........ because they don't have to learn the English.
I have to learn the English instead..... it is so difficult..........

however, I have to learn the English, because who doesn't know the English it is too much, too much , too much LIMITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

What do you call someone who speaks one language? An American. [/qu

ote]

thank you very much

unfortunately , I don't know the English language .
I have studied for 9 years the French language, but I have never studied the English language.
Then my English is very bad.
But the Americans speak the correct language.
The English language is essential.
it is very better to speak only a language , but to speak the correct language.
The Americans are very fortunate........ because they don't have to learn the English.

however, I have to learn the English, because who doesn't know the English it is too much, too much , too much LIMITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti - Government
Welcome to ATS

Good luck and trust me being on ATS every day will help you with English especially writing obviously

Look forward to seeing you around forums aswell

thanks you are very kind.
I have a lot of need of help.
I hope that my English can improve.
I hope that my English won' t be too much incomprehensible for you.
can I know that type of writer you are ?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reminds me of a joke....
What do you call someone who speaks one language? An American.

Monolinqual?
Funny story! Ok, here goes...

A girl was born in the 1980s to a woman probably covered in scabies maybe with a Downs Syndrome or two. She breathed her first breath of life and was entirely clueless of her eventual strife. A very kind and hardworking and very American couple fostered her, fighting all the while to make her theirs, their daughter, their sweet fragrant flower. Five years of fighting, fighting, fighting... Then finally the law bowed it's regal head down to them and they got their lucky break. She was theirs legally, divinely and sublimely. She was a perfect child and a perfect sibling.
Her life rolled along rather uneventful, yet not dull either. Until she turned 18, It was then that being adopted started haunting her day-to-day life, in love and in friendship ... in speculation and contemplation. Her body found itself explaining what her mind didn't understand: "I look like my parents. I must have been meant to be theirs anyway. God WANTED me here." But that didn't stop the thoughts from turning... churning... and slowly but surely, memories of her first 5 years of life (those apparently locked behind a wall of amnesia for safe keeping or for keeping her safe from them...) started to unravel. Unraveling horrors of visitation and meetings and pain and confusion. It was too much for a little girl less than five years old to endure.
But the wall can't be replaced, only faced and embraced and traced.

But it's an untraceable history... I am something. I am American. I wish I knew what I was, almost as badly as wishing that my Grandmother didn't try to "Americanize" my family by keeping my Grandfather from teaching the children Italian. I would have been bilingual... I half hate her ignorance. But I have a CAR-CD course to learn Italian. I know bits and pieces of many languages and have an insatiable desire to learn language.
So... here's the point (lol) of this post.
I will be more than happy to help you in anyway shape or form to learn English if you could return the favor for me and help me with Italian.
Ok.
Ciao Bella!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You know more of English, Cydonia than I do of any other language. And Americans learn English and it takes them 12 years of education... HAHAH!!!
Ok. I may be the only person who finds that funny, but American English, be it hard to learn, is an ongoing learning process because English is evolving faster than dictionaries are being written. Though I guess that's true for most other languages too.... Adaption is crucial for the survival of a language.

new topics

top topics

join