It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all you BLEEPING ATSers BLEEP YOU !!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hehe seems like a few people are rather mad that they automatically perceived this post as a bad one, and want revenge by trying to come up with ways it's against the rules.

I'll admit I was wondering why this thread was still here with all these flags and starred so I thought there was something more to it.

Makes one wonder what other things we perceive in daily life that isn't actually what we believe is truth.

-Will

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sorry, I find this to be a gimmick only and has nothing to do with exercising perception. Of course with 100% certainty anyone reading this post from the main page would think you were cursing the members.
Why?
because out of 20 trillion similar posts on the internet, 20trillion are actually cursing and there's no other reason to insert "bleep". True kindness does not shroud itself within a gimmick such as this. The only reason this was read by myself is because of the flagging system and with all of the jaded people on here, catching someone off guard is "worth a flag"

Counter productive actually.

Possible advertising clients that would be perusing the site would also assume the same and is actually hurtful to the site from that viewpoint.

Yes, it's a good "GOTCHA" but not an "exercise in perception". Possibly a good concept for a commercial of some sort but for some reason i feel I've already seen it.

b

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wow, incredible and awesome, you can totally replace some words with bleep.

Please, reading the first post and knowing it wasn't already closed was enough to know it wasn't insults.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hello ats users first post so please bear with me....

I think the use of the word "bleep" kinda implies it is a swear word thus making you feel it will be a negative statement if you used another word it could change the perception for better or worse

anway i thought it was clever made me think peace and i wish you all a happy new year

d

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
just read the rest of the thread, reminder never post before you read the threads

new to this............

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This thread was not amusing to me in any way. the fact that it was allowed to proceed by any of the moderators has me considering my future researching this site.>

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

That's your perception! See?

The post had it's desired effect!

You're showing your negative perception of the post...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am so bleepin bleep and bleep of this bleeping bleepery.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I don't really like this thread at all. It features way too much brown-nosing. Feel free to get rid of this post, but I'm just expressing my opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy[...]
Sorry, I find this to be a gimmick only and has nothing to do with exercising perception. Of course with 100% certainty anyone reading this post from the main page would think you were cursing the members.
Why?
because out of 20 trillion similar posts on the internet, 20trillion are actually cursing and there's no other reason to insert "bleep". [...]

And IMHO that's exactly what the OP was trying to remind us about!
Just because '20trillion' people use something in a certain way or (true to denying ignorance/ATS principle) hear things a certain way, does not make it right.

Reading through the thread I saw 4 kinds of people:
1. The ones that answered without reading the whole post. (Not knowing the facts, but speaking => IMHO The ignorant)
2. The ones that read it and didn't get it. (The narrowminded)
3. The ones that read it and just posted to argue for arguements sake. (debunkers)
4. The ones that read it, understood it and were humble enough to accept that even though they 'denied ignorance', they are still prone to deliberate misleading.

EDIT 2 to ADD: TYPE 5: The contributors! (Those that understand and clarify or debate the topic, Sorry I forgot you guys!)

@ OP: Brilliant work, S + F, cheers mate!
BB,
Samuel
EDIT to add: just because you proved by your post, that you may fall into my category 1 or 2 doesn't mean that you're actually ignorant or narrowminded. There are always outside influences so there's still hope

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Aldolas]

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Aldolas]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think this little video will enlighten a few guys over here, well hopefully.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This bleeping thread just made my hot Spanish blood go bleeping crazy.

I feel better now that i bleeping read it and i now bleeping understand.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well now that we know what gets your blood hot, will you tell us what will cool you off, usted tamal caliente?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1
I think this little video will enlighten a few guys over here, well hopefully.

I never thought I would EVER walk back onto this thread, However...

Just wanted to *Bump* this post,

Bye...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepred
To all you BLEEPING ATSers BLEEP you !!!!

And to all the BLEEPING moderators that monitor this BLEEPING site BLEEP to you too. !!!

I have never seen so much BLEEPING and BLEEPING info compiled in one BLEEPING site. !!!

If all you BLEEPING ATSers have not figured it out yet, I think your BLEEPING threads and BLEEPING replies are pure BLEEP !!!

This BLEEPING site fills my head with BLEEP that keep me from sleeping !!!

All I can say is BLEEP you !!!

You will find the UN-EDITED version below:

To all you (thoughtful) ATSers (thank) you !!!!

And to all the (hard working) moderators that monitor this (worthwhile) site (good job) to you too. !!!

I have never seen so much (thought provoking) and (well researched) info compiled in one (well organized) site. !!!

If all you (kind) ATSers have not figured it out yet, I think your (brilliant) threads and (insightful) replies are pure (gold) !!!

This (wonderful) site fills my head with (ideas) that keep me from sleeping !!!

All I can say is (thank) you !!!

Do not "PERCIEVE" that which is not there.

BLEEP YOU

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

Read my lips: *SNIP* YOU

Translation: Vacuum

Try it. Mouth the word vacuum at someone. They will most definitely see your lips moving to shape the words in line one above.
No joke.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by deepred

Read my lips: *SNIP* YOU

Translation: Vacuum

Try it. Mouth the word vacuum at someone. They will most definitely see your lips moving to shape the words in line one above.
No joke.

I just mouthed the words "I want to vacuum right now" to my girlfriend and she just said she was tired.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Excellent thread on many many differant levels,

Perception and also modern Media influence, however on a much mech deeper level indeed what the OP has done is in fact recreat in ATS style one of the most Psychologically and Spiritually deep and difficult to understand topics of the Entire Buddhist Path.

In fact what the OP has done simply, by showing ourselves directly how it works within us, rather than stating a story of what a Guru or Genius experienced, or using a Metaphor / Parrable is by showing the true nature of Emptiness, collated the thousands of pages of discussion on "Enlightenment" found here.

If one is able to extrapolate what we experienced when first reading his Post, and really really get to know and stop that thought process of "Like" and "Dislike" attachment and Aversion, to something that in fact does not have the qualities we think it has, in ALL of our experiences of the world, and add in Compassion at a level wherby "You" and "them" merge from distinction to unity, Enlightenment s achieved.

This OP has shown ALL who read it to each reader themselves the Illusion or Life within ourselves, it has clearly through our own experiences shown us one of the two parts of Enlightenment.

To take the experience you had on reading this, to examine and become aware how your mind also gives "False" names, terms and forms to every other aspect of your life when in fact they are not as we first think and feel, to over many years break this down, become aware of it and chuck in oodles of love will emancipate you from suffering and illusion in its totality.

Therefore IMHO it is probably one of if not the most important thread on ATS.

To use an example of a very very profound Spiritual master who the Dalai Lama uses fo contemplating and trying to understand what the OP did so easily and quickly please look where I post the original text below, and the Dalai lama's Mystical experience of its nature when realised here:

Emptiness and how the Dalai Lama Experineced it

S+F and added to friends indeed.

Such a short and simple post, with so much meaning in our mundane world or media control, politics, spin etc, and also showing 50% of the path of enlightenment in a way that we all experienced, wonderful and thank you again.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It is bleeptastic to see how many replies such a bleeping post can get! Bleeping great! We should post more bleep posts on bleepTS!!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join