It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am interested in knowing ( I'm not here for a fight )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Watch this link's video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then can anyone out there tell my that why this book about Islam feels that christianity, judaism etc are all worthless religions.

Are all Muslims taught this ???

Just for the Record, I am not a follower of any of these religions.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If you think about it, religions generally claim that *they* are the only one true religion. However, most religions (other than Islam) usually manage to co-exist peacefully with others- look at the religious diversity of the U.S. The book you're referring to was written by Wahhabi's in Saudi Arabia, the most intolerant of a religion famous for intolerance- remember the cartoon protests from a few years ago, 'behead those who insult Islam?'

To learn more about what is taught in Islam, you might want to check out jihadwatch.org or prophetofdoom.net

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Muslims are commanded to hate non-Muslims, and to fight non-Muslims until all the world is Muslim, as there can be no God but Allah.

All other religions are tolerant of other religions.

Only Islam makes this demand on its followers.

I think you have half-assed Muslims who really have no idea of the teachings of Islam, as they got their religion from their fathers, on and on.

You might note that if you leave Islam, you are to be killed.

A rather unique method to grow your numbers.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

I've read the whole Quran, and from my understanding, it says to love and to help the less fortunate. it only suggest war, if someone tries to take your belief away.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Muslims are commanded to hate non-Muslims, and to fight non-Muslims until all the world is Muslim, as there can be no God but Allah.

All other religions are tolerant of other religions.

Only Islam makes this demand on its followers.

I think you have half-assed Muslims who really have no idea of the teachings of Islam, as they got their religion from their fathers, on and on.

You might note that if you leave Islam, you are to be killed.

A rather unique method to grow your numbers.

I believe you are misinformed on several points here. Muslims aren't commanded to hate non-Muslims. It's not part of The Five Pillars of Islam, and has no more importance than the idea that all Christians must spread the Word. Muslims recognize the Christian God as being the same as Allah. They have Holy Days to celebrate many Christian Prophets and especially Jesus. The Archangel Gabriel is regarded in the same light in Islam as in Christianity and Judaism. He is God's/Allah's Messenger and commended the Qu'aran to Mohammed as well as appearing to Daniel, Zechariah and the Virgin Mary (whom Muslims also regard as a Virgin).

Islam is tolerant of other religions and for a great period of time was a hub of trade routes between East and West. People of any religion would be considered 'protected' whilst staying in their lands as long as they abided by the Laws of that land (just the same in the West) information and history here.. Whilst in the Middle Ages Catholics, Protestants and Jews were trying to exterminate each other, they were able to live peaceably in the Middle East. The religious intolerance of Muslims tended to focus on the different interpretations of the worship of Allah and understanding the Qu'aran. Nothing new there then

There is no death penalty in force for changing or abandoning Islam. That will be dictated by the various cultures within Islam. It's ridiculous, but also a feature of several societies and only supported as an excuse for violence. I have family in Ireland and know full well that religious intolerance isn't only found in Muslim societies.

I'd suggest that you inform yourself by reading some of this. Then I'd have a look at some of this, about religious intolerance. This site is often very interesting here and buried in there somewhere is a huge list of prophecies that haven't come true over the centuries. Great fun

I'm not atheist or religious, but accept he world at large is influenced by the viewpoints of Christians, Muslims and all the rest. Seems to me, people should educate themselves a little more about the religions. I'm sure Dooper is just passing on what he/she knows, however each and every statement is either absolutely wrong or mistaken. Is it any wonder people don't get along?

Any mistakes or inaccuracies I've made here, feel free to correct me. I wrote it in a hurry
These kind of statements shouldn't be allowed to stand unanswered. People are people no matter what the religion is. An a**hole can come in any denomination, color, shape or size. The ATS motto says 'Fight Ignorance' and that includes prejudice.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So as per the norm then,

The problem with any religion is the people who interpret the religion's text's.

I suppose all the normal underlying problems attribute to this like greed, selfishness money etc.

Thanks for the replies.

new topics

top topics

join