It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush thinking to run for senate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
ya he is thinking to run for senate and George bush also supports it.

Republicans are urging Bush, the president's younger brother, to strongly consider making a bid for the seat currently held by outgoing Republican Sen. Mel Martinez.

read the whole story here:www.cnn.com...

what do you guys think of this??? Do you think the bush family still wants to have some power in our government???

I mean jeb bush was also a finical adviser for Lehman brothers.

more about him: en.wikipedia.org...

What do you guys think??

here is a article that shows jeb bush connections with Lehman brothers: postcards.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
He was a horrible governor for Florida so he'd probably make a horrible senator as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
He was a great Governor here in Florida, and will likely do very well for the people of the State of Florida.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Can we really afford to have any more of the Bush family in public office. The Clinton's were bad enough, to have another Bush would be a disaster.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
From what I understand is that he was an extemely popular governor of Florida, which in reason he is thinking of the possible run for Senator of Florida.

He can have a nice career in the Senate before he thinks of even running for POTUS, which im not sure if he wants too. George Bush said its not time right now maybe down the road.

I think he will do fine with whatever he wants to do

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nice replies. I heard from many people that live in florida that they didn't like jed bush.

I heard on cnbc that jed bush was a finical advisor for lehman brothers. I checked his background and found no finical experience nore had any education in that line.

It kinda gets me upset cause I am going into accounting and I can't get even a entry job until I get a certificate from my college. I been looking for entry level jobs and look at what they are looking for and most of them ask for a bach in accounting in order to just do the book keeping.

I mean I am here going to college for this field and some guy with no education in that line gets a top job?

I really want any bush family memebers to leave the U.S gov.

I personally think they are a corrupted family. If you notice they have connections in alot of places. If you look at the wikipedia jed bush got his entry job by contacting a close family friend to help him to be a clerk at some bank.

I just wanted to point this out that jed bush may run.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Funny I just came across some articles about what exactly he has done in Florida. Here is one of them.

He issued an executive order in March 2004 that created the "Center for Efficient Government" to "promote fair and transparent best business practices in government in order to foster accountability, competition, efficiency and innovation in the way state agencies deliver services to Florida's citizens."

snip

By implementing properly managed competition initiatives, Florida has benefited in terms of dollars saved, efficiencies gained and improvement of services to citizens. Even with some mixed results, the state has saved more than half a billion dollars while reducing more than 6,500 positions, not to mention the $20 billion in tax avoidance. The savings generated from Florida's competition initiatives have enabled tax dollars to be redirected into mission-critical, core citizen services that help families, children, the environment and the elderly.

During his tenure, Jeb Bush has brought fiscal solvency to the state, reduced taxes, and eliminated wasteful, non-essential government functions by continually challenging state entities to identify and focus on their core functions. He has made Florida's government smaller and more efficient by embracing competition and the free market.

Florida's residents and taxpayers should not only commend Bush's efforts, but give him a pat on the back when he leaves the capitol building in January 2007. Florida should hope that his successor uses the tools Bush has left behind, embraces competition and continues to take Florida down the path of economic viability and vitality.

Source

To me it seems like he is actually doing what George Bush was saying in 2000. This guy actually shrank the size of government and cut taxes and spending. This is the type of guy people should want in politics. It's too bad his brother went astray from the true Republican platform of limited government. I wonder if he'll make a run for pres sometime in the future as he seems to be very popular.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cool Hand Luke

thanks for the source of that article.

I would like to know why he wasn't re-elected if people thought he was a good governor??

I also would like to know how he got a finical advisory position without going for education in that line???

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The guy went into the office of governor saying he'd reform education and our drop out rates, test scores, and per-pupil spending are still some of the worst in the nation.

Good job, Jeb.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

John Ellis Bush was re-elected, and most of us in Florida believe he did very well as our governor. He was in fact the first Florida governor to serve two terms.

If he decides to run for senate I will volunteer for his campaign, or at the very least contribute financially.

new topics

top topics

join