It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Soldier Killed In Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Israeli Soldier Killed In Gaza

news.sky.com

The army says the soldier was killed by mortar fire earlier today in northern Gaza.

The confirmation comes as explosions continue to pound the Strip as Israeli forces push further into the Hamas-run territory after launching a ground assault overnight.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has called for an immediate ceasefire - but his Israeli counterpart Ehud Olmert has insisted the invasion was inevitable.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
1 - 500... Fair fight?

Israel also needs their heroes, martyrs, now they get their first. If they step fight in to city urban area, this victim will not be the last. Advantage of high tech weaponry will end at the gates, ruins... But "graveyard for IAF" - I doubt.

Like we saw in Baghdad, and I dont understand why, there was only few preparations done to such invading attack... Will Gaza be next Baghdad, and falls to enemy hands with just few major battles... ? Possible yes.

Are Arabs too lazy to digg a foxhole, or what? - Really. If there would be my ass on the line, I would make preparations as fire burning in my ass all weeks... Sandbags, sectors, taking out windows, ladders, making walls, gates...

I Dont seen them making no preparations, in newest Gaza pics!?!

I have been trained to fight Urban fight my self, but I try to look pictures, and trying to find even a hints from preparations to street-Urban fights, but no... No traces of any preparations!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hamas really needs to ship a few taliban fighters into their place.Maybe they can learn a few tactics from their afghan brethrens on how to hold grounds and resist fiercly.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Most people think that the Israelis will go in and do house to house fighting and avoid civilians. The at best don't care about the civilians and at worst don't differentiate, all Palestinians are enemies.

As you can see from the bombardments, it is landing on people's homes. The Israelis have studied Gaza and are in the process of destroying potential tactical positions from a distance. Once this has completed, they will pour in and and kill everything that moves. This operation is just like Falluja in Iraq. The Israelis may announce that they want women and children under age 10 to evacuate Gaza before going in for the kill. But this would leave a problem, Palestinian women and children on Israeli territory; so it is equally likely that they will not allow civilians to leave.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So, I suppose we are going to report on every casualty now. This is hardly newsworthy. Nor is it anything that demands debate.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Yeah, Fallujah have come to mind more than once, when have following this event from its first beginning... ( BTW, I was couple of days in jungle for holidays, and almost out of net, but now I am back on line... I missed the start for ground OP! )

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

First always is a news, and soon we probably hear his mothers cry, his name and address... Gosh, maybe his brother is a peace activist! - Soon we hear.

But next 98 aint anymore. Nr. 100 is again, then 1000, ... 2000 ...
But this is only so, if we talk from soldiers. With civilian population its little bit difference, I think... Or is it?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
yes, please post them on one of the many others that are up. We don`t need a thousand and one of them.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Its not a fair fight, but then again, its not supposed to be. No nation on Earth would fight fairly if they could help it. The Israelis aren't much different in that regard.

That's what makes the Palestinian resistance so dumb, however. Every time we have an outbreak of violence, we always hear of how the Israelis are mowing them down at will, and I have little doubt that they are. You would think that Hamas and the Palestinians would eventually learn from it, but they don't. They can't win and by launching a few rockets over the border, all they accomplish is further pissing off the Israeli government and its people.

If they want peace, someone is going to have to take the initiative and fully commit to it. They can't control what the Israelis do, but they can control their own actions. If they want their situation to improve, they need to realize that they're defeated and that the Israelis hold all the cards. They need to stop fighting and resisting, even if that means they have to swallow their foolish pride and submit to the Israelis. It'll probably take decades, but eventually, it would pay dividends in the form of improved relations between the two sides.

As it stands, however, their current tactics can only lead to a deterioration of their situation. Sooner or later, the Israelis are finally going to say 'Enough' and they're going to wipe them out completely.

Again, I'm not blaming the Palestinians here, so much as saying that someone needs to step up and take the initiative if there's ever going to be a peace. Yes, they're probably going to get used and abused in the process, but they already are. They have little to lose. Their current tactics have always been a disaster.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

At least you have learn the lesson, what Israel went there to teach... But I understand Hamas resistance very well, its called self respect.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Yep, I follow your hint:

This would be my most crap-finding-thread, and I welcome everyone to join to here , with their very, very breaking news from huge article and media float around " OP Lost Lead... "

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I understand that, but at some point, you have to realize that self respect is just getting people killed and furthering their suffering.

In what way has the Palestinian resistance strengthened their position? It hasn't. Not a single one. They make a few craters in a road in an Israeli city and perhaps kill a few people, and the Israelis respond by killing a couple hundred Palestinians. After about the second time that happened, you'd think that the Palestinians would realize that the tradeoff isn't worth it.

Again, their current tactics are a complete, utter failure. They have nothing to gain by fighting and much to lose. This much has been proven repeatedly over the years.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

1 - 500... Fair fight?

Pretty much yea.

A mass bombardment of a refugee camp would be a fair rebuttal for this outrageous murder of an innocent Israeli soldier.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

What Iraqis won with their resistance against US attack - we can say nothing, in military means. Or Polish against Germany in 1939? Or many, many other times in war history before. But still there is something to win, even if the battle itself is doomed to loose. And that is time.

What Palestinians are now wining is TIME to their cause, world wide media is watching, and most of us are suffering with their destiny... That also helped Polish, and that will help Iraqis, and sure these moments happening right now will help Palestinians in future, because our collective mind wont forget.

Time has great value... It makes resistance real, wars and problems our commons. Without a fight, there would be silence in our minds, and suffers would just continue. Millions of people are choosing their sides today, because of war. Without battle, we wouldnt have to - Now we are forced to.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by t0ken
Hamas really needs to ship a few taliban fighters into their place.Maybe they can learn a few tactics from their afghan brethrens on how to hold grounds and resist fiercly.

Why don't you go you're self ? Maby you can learn them a few tricks from Counter Strike

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
'Israeli helicopter, tank destroyed'

Palestinians say they have targeted an Israeli helicopter and destroyed a tank amid the ongoing Israeli ground incursion into the Gaza Strip.

In a statement issued Sunday, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades - the military wing of Hamas - said it had destroyed an Israeli tank after its ground forces crossed the border with the Gaza Strip late Saturday.

The al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades also said it has targeted an Israeli helicopter flying over the territory. However, the Israeli military has made no comment by about the report.

www.presstv.ir...

- Really? ..."Fog Of War" is gathering around Gaza, and all these news have to confirm from different locations, or at least get some pics frome those ruined tanks or other material.

- I think everybody remember Iraqi spokesman at time of US attacked Baghdad... 100% BS was everything what came from Iraqi Armed Forces...

new topics

top topics

join