It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Haunted Hotel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well .. it's not Obama's hotel ... but that's what the media is calling it for the next three weeks. The Obama family will be living in the Hay Adams Hotel in Washington D.C. during the transition. It is reported to be haunted. One of the more famous ghosts is Marian Adams. There are reports of other ghosts that float around the place as well.

It'll be good practice for the Obamas to get used to the spooks in the Hay Adams Hotel. The White House is reported to be VERY haunted. So this will get them used to having ghosts and spirits around.

Official White House ghost page

Chicago Sun Times

Across from the White House is a purported haunted house, which President-elect Barack Obama, his wife, Michelle, and daughters Malia and Sasha will temporarily call home.The first family is expected to move into the storied Hay-Adams Hotel in the capital this weekend.

Hay Adams Hotel

Tales of the ghost of Marian Adams say that she visits the Hay-Adams Hotel, usually in early December around the time of the anniversary of her death. Staff housekeepers have reported someone unseen calling their names and the sensation of invisible arms around them. Locked doors fling themselves open and the scent of Mimosa mysteriously fills the air on certain floors at night. On repeated occasions, a tearful woman has been heard asking, "What do you want?"

India Today

Associated Content

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Very interesting, FF, yes it will acclimate them for those haunted bedposts

at the White House....

I cant remember the name of that Hotel i stayed in Washington, but it was almost across the White House and there...gulp...i saw my first ghost!!!!!

I opened my eyes to this old lady whith a cream color shirt and a tacky polka dot turqoise skirt, the dots were cream color. She wore a hard purse on her arm, she was blonde and i would guess about 80 years old and she was watching me sleep
being the baby that i am, i ran into the hallway and started screaming and asked to be put in another room.
They moved me and they werent too surprised by my tantrum either

Anyhow, good post.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
To me though, this isn't as much news as if it said, "Obama and family refuse to stay at hotel inhabited by previous presidental ghosts".

Maybe he'll call a meeting and ask how they did it when they were in office? I wonder what the ghosts would say... "Try the bacon and eggs breakfast here, it's to die for!"

I think our Western society views things a little differently. In ancient China, if you told them the spirit of their ancestors were in that room, they'd be bidding the highest coin to stay there. Maybe Western ghosts are just in a bad mood and unwilling to help.

It's common for old homes made of wood to release scent into the air with changes of humidity. Things like perfume and smoke tend to get into the wood and are released under conditions such as cleaning. Oil was often used to preserve wood which preserves scents. Today we use methyl alcohol based cleaners with dries and can releases smells into the air. It's not mysterious and can be replicated. Here in America we don't have many homes that are that old, relatively, to produce the effect.

Finally, if a ghost asked me what I wanted, I'd likely answer (heaven knows I don't get that good of service at fast food places) but would be more interested in knowing what she wanted.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

We are in D.C. a lot. If you remember let me know.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My fears in D.C. have nothing to do with ghosts (I'm sure many have many other reasons). I'll explain. A sunny, warm day I sat down on a park bench to eat a sub. I was frustrated that on my turkey and cheese that I requested to be plain had mustard slathered across it. There was no way around it, I saw my sub ruined. Oh well, the chips were still good. I went to a nearby trashcan to through it away to find a ragged looking man digging through it. I'd offered the sub to him, his eyes went wide and he thanked me as if he were a drowning man and I was his lifeguard. It took me aback that he was so grateful and suddenly I felt like such a donkey for being so ungrateful for the food I had prepared for me. He did not care that the sandwich had mustard...he didn't even check it. He merely smiled as he ate it. I'm afraid that man in our nation's capital in the 'land of plenty' will be back at that trashcan the next day...and I hope Mr. Obama (and everyone else in the government) has the same fear.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Washington DC has a huge homeless problem. It's been like that since I was a kid. I remember 40 years ago seeing the exact same thing that I see each time I go into the city now. Homeless people - lots of them - and they are all hungry. I see them a lot around the Natural History Smithsonean of all places.

new topics

top topics

join