It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Humans were created by aliens, then why do I have a Coccyx and Appendix

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Actually the appendix helps store mainly good stomach bacteria so if your stomach needs for some reason those bacteria again it can fetch them...

Seemingly that's true.
If you get a v bad upset stomach everything's evacuated one way or the other *cough*. The appendix acts as a repository of good bacteria which then re-populate your gut.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cedik
reply to post by resistor

Ok fair point, starred, I had no idea that the appendix was useful for any reason..

Also my aassertion about the coccyx being prone to infection was in fact incorrect, i meant to say the appendix.

It occured to me that you probably meant to say appendix there, but then it's just so much fun to say coccyx.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cedik
I was sat today thinking about the origins of man, as you do. I thought to myself . If man is -as the sumerians suggest- an alchemical mix of alien and monkey, then why do we still have Coccyx' and Appendix'? These things are completely redundant.

Then consider why we have opposable thumbs and monkeys dont. If the aliens could be bothered to give us thumbs of this type, surely they would also remove the Coccyx which can be a significant health risk to some individuals.

Just a thought..

We were not exactly made by aliens.

They knew the best thing to do was take what was here and adapt it
for better use for what they needed.

They took the monkey and made the Homo Habilis, and then later
modified that to make Homo Sapiens.

They looked for the so called "missing link" between the old humans
and the newer variety and never found it.

Homo Habilis has been traced back to about 2.2 million years.

Genus Homo ( genus )

The theory goes they needed better workers for getting raw materials
here on Earth and so they just did a little DNA manipulation and the
rest is history.

The difference between the two is apparent in Clan of the Cave Bear.

Thou the movie did not allude to alien interference.

It is just a theory being thrown around by a few ppl.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cedik

If you have the slightest idea of what genetic engineering is all about, it's incredibly complex and you can't just remove one thing without unexpected or unwanted results like growing another eye or being left with just one eye.

That's how unpredictable genetics is. The genetic code which contains the human design is interconnected and like a puzzle - like the rubix cube - like if you try to fix one side, you mess the other if you don't know what you're doing.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

has nothing to do with the topic...

Maths !! god i love it ...... and for that reason alone "aliens"

bravo sir!! bravo!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

nd about the appendix... that's where one's soul is located

Haha ok, I guess I lost my soul when I was 13 then huh?

Btw, scientists now believe that theyve found out what the appendix is used for..

Other studies had shown that, in less-developed countries where the appendix may still be useful, the rate of appendicitis was lower than in the US, he said.

Source

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If you adhere to the sumerian theory, it explains as stated before we were
modified from an earlier more primitive form.

Wisdom teeth and an appendix aren't completely legacy items.
Should some asteroid smack our planet with any significant impact,
our descendents would have need for wisdom teeth and an appendix.
Both are needed for the eating and digestion of unrefined, unprocessed
meats, grains, and grasses. The latter's cellulosic structure would be
broken down by microscopic critters in our gut- the appendix would be
their 'home' inside our gut. However, as a society we largely abandoned
cellulosic raw foods centuries if not millenias ago. As a result the critters
that lived in our guts died out from no cellulose to eat.

Why do we have a coccyx?
Why do whales have feet?
Why do fish brains have THC receptors?

Evidently some things aren't supposed to make total sense.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Communications Equipment

The appendix contains a bioetheric transmitter that sends information to the aliens and tracks your movements.

The transmitter generates signals through the vent found immediately below your coccyx, which amplifies and coheres them using your spinal column as a waveguide.

I thought everybody knew that.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

sterling stuff, i had no idea about this and to be fair I am not sure that I do.

It seems like peeople have a lot more idea about this sort of stuff than i do.

One question. Would humans heralding from different ethnicities have been put on to the earth at the same time? e.g It seems that people progree from some specific ares. Chinese, European, Aborigine, Native American, African, Indian. Is it possible that these groups were put on to the earth at the same time, to compete to find the strongest?

Maybe this should be for another thread but I couldn't resist.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I've had my appendix removed.

After it was taken out I was curious about what had been removed from my body. I read how the appendix was a useless organ, having it's use back in caveman days when they ingested grasses, to fight off bacterias and that evolution of the human body just hadn't caught up.

Who knows how true any of these studies are. Why do we have a useless organ that when removed doesn't seem to have any adverse affects? I was glad to be rid of it and the pain it caused .
Whether or not it's caused or will cause secondary health problems, isn't something I'm aware of.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

My coccyx has disappeared some time in the last five years. Any feedback?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The appendix serves a very useful purpose. Some fruits and roots when eaten have powerful antibiotic properties that when eaten can sterilize the colon of good bacteria allowing aggressive bad bacteria to overgrow (c diff). The appendix serves as a reservoir for healthy colonic bacteria that can quickly repopulate the colon with it's normal floria.

The coccyx also has an important function. The coccyx is an important attachment point for numerous tendons and ligaments that support the pelvic floor preventing rectal prolapse and in transferring forces from the hips to the spine in certain sitting positions.

It is arrogance to assume certain parts of the body which God designed have no purpose.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I know the answer to this one.

"o.k. let's go! (Oh, Give it up! God made man But he used the monkey to do it Apes in the plan And we're all here to prove it I can walk like an ape Talk like an ape Do what monkeys do God made man But a monkey supplied the glue)"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join