It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Moves to Counter China With Pentagon-NASA Link (Update1)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Obama Moves to Counter China With Pentagon-NASA Link (Update1)

www.bloomberg.com

President-elect Barack Obama will probably tear down long-standing barriers between the U.S.’s civilian and military space programs to speed up a mission to the moon amid the prospect of a new space race with China.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Does Obama really think Americans still believe NASA and The Pentegon are completely separate with "long-standing barriers between the U.S.’s civilian and military space programs"?

There is your answer on the possibility of disclosure under Obama. It will never happen - Obama will perpetuate the charade.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I had never known Obama was this naive. To think that the Pentagon and NASA weren't working together.

Maybe there could be another reason for this. Perhaps Obama wants NASA to help the Pentagon have super-high tech space age weapons, or, say, space age surveillance system? I don't know... but Obama never said anything about doing this in his campaign and if he had I wouldn't have had a second thought about voting for him during the election. NASA and the Pentagon... fusing as one... working on space-like military projects? So what if all of those things about the military was nonsense before (like conspiracy theories) knowing that he wanted to do this would have gotten the me during the campaign season to vote for him right away. I think he probably knows what he's doing.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Thread already here www.abovetopsecret.com... same topic and srticle

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I had never known Obama was this naive.

lol! you didnt? wow, the majority of the american people must of not heard a word this man said during the elections.

"Only people making more than 150k will be taxed!"
.....sure!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NightoftheComet

I'm thinking the latter, that, he probably has some idea what he's doing.

I was talking about his naitivity from the point that he may have not already known that NASA and the pentagon were working together. Not his other policies.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Whats new?

NASA will work closely with the Pentagon?

Most of NASA's Personnel come from the armed services anyway, and NASA has launched tons of military equipment in the past.

But maybe this really means we will hopefully see some more exotic black program technology released into the space program this kind of goes with my thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I'm thinking the latter, that, he probably has some idea what he's doing.

I was talking about his naitivity from the point that he may have not already known that NASA and the pentagon were working together. Not his other policies.

The only thing I really noticed about him so far is that he is adopting all clinton era staff for his admin. which is ironic since it was his housing de-regulation which helped cause the current economic crisis. Not to mention all the other brillant economic plans like NAFTA, etc.

In any case, I think this is a plan on behalf of barack obama to cut the ARES rocket program and replace it with military rockets.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I hope we could of went further than the moon . Finding a new liveable planet would be great

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Well who else would you have picked? The only other people we have were people from Carter's administration. Would you want them to run Obama's team?

My opinion on this is the same as another poster who said that they might be working on more black project stuff now.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Since its birth, NASA has always been a part of the DOD. It is in their charter and can readily be seen that it has and always will be an arm of the defense department and military.

1/4 civilian...3/4 military.

Besides, Obama wants to cut back NASA's budget even further..right? Has Obama become a double standard already even before putting one foot into the white house?

YOU BET!

Its the "change we cant believe in" happening right before us.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 4-1-2009 by RFBurns]

top topics

join