It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informative News Site Shut Down. Internet Terrorism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Russian Isreali reporters operating the Debkafile.net website have some explaining to do.
Debkafile.net is a no bars withheld news website running out of Isreal dishing out the most informative news about the goings ons in the Gaza strip, and all/every military happenings in the middle east.
Since yesterday, it has been down. My parents proclaim it was shut down, as in hacked, and destroyed.
Why such a website would be destroyed is beyond me, as what's reported on the news is not a military threat to any persons.
I've done some research via google to see if anybody reported it as a terrorist act, and for the reason behind it's apparent disappearence. I have found nothing.

Why was an unbiased military news focused website wiped away?

Google still finds the website if you type it's address into the search bar. Perhaps a person not from the US, and possibly several different locations, attempt to access it? Maybe it was american gov't for internet control just banned it from american servers?

Just a guess. Could be for a slew of reasons.
Ideas?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I got this, I am on their email list:

Urgent Notice to Debka Readers‏
Sent: Sat 1/03/09 9:18 PM
To: [email protected]

DEBKAfile's two sites in English and Hebrew have been under attack since 19:00 local time. We are doing our best to restore the service as soon as possible. Please check the site periodically.

Sincerely,

DEBKAfile Administration

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Maybe they forgot to pay their bill ha! j/k
I'm curious...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It's never called terrorism when it's done by a military force.

Seems only logical that the internet would be a part of any modern military strategy, and one of the first primary goals of any military strategy is to destroy communications.

They're not allowing reporting inside Gaza either.

For me, this is one very important aspect of this attack; other nations should be permitted inside to see what the Israeli military is really doing.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It got hacked... There was a DOS attack that happened to it.

It was hacked if you want to call it a hack. I personally as a programmer won't say a DOS is a hack. It's more of a internet line clog.

You said Isreali reporters right??? and we have a war going on with them.

It sounds like some hackers are really upset with jewish people or Isreali people in general.

Most hackers don't live by any rules. They will hate you because you are you.

They will make any excuse to hack you. So I would assume that the site was attacked because it was Isreali reporters who run that site.

this is my guess. I checked the site with pinging it and many other tools. All I came up with is that it's attacked by a hacker.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32
It got hacked... There was a DOS attack that happened to it.

It was hacked if you want to call it a hack. I personally as a programmer won't say a DOS is a hack. It's more of a internet line clog.

You said Isreali reporters right??? and we have a war going on with them.

It sounds like some hackers are really upset with jewish people or Isreali people in general.

Most hackers don't live by any rules. They will hate you because you are you.

They will make any excuse to hack you. So I would assume that the site was attacked because it was Isreali reporters who run that site.

this is my guess. I checked the site with pinging it and many other tools. All I came up with is that it's attacked by a hacker.

lol typical kiddie hackers every time there is a war the internet sites get a DOS attack. Idiots, wouldn't it be better to place false information to mislead troops of the opposite faction in the wrong direction or some other idea to mess with the enemy but a DOS attack is about equivalent to a child kicking and screaming because they can't have a toy in the store.

It accomplishes exactly nothing but delays of news reporting.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The Russian government runs what is most likely the largest hacker unit to attack anyone or any country they want off the Internet.

When the Russian government does not need there services they make money by Internet crime.
The Russian government turn a blind eye to this crime as long as the targets are outside Russia because this allows the hackers to keep up to data on hacking the Internet.

But that is with the understanding that there services are at the call of the Russian government when needed.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
it's back up.

not a one liner!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Debka is a complete load of made up hogwash lies.
To the extreme.
If you go back through there rubbish, over the years, it is resembling something more of a joke, than anything else.
I guess someone just got sick of there compulsive lies, and didn't see the humor in it any longer.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

"Unbiased military news?!"
Do a little independent digging.

By the way, they are back up, good for them.

Israeli forces tightens siege on Gaza City, deploy at Philadelphi to block Hamas' weapons route

DEBKAfile Special Report

January 4, 2009, 4:50 PM (GMT+02:00)

As for equating the DOS attacks with terrorism, well. . If Tibet shut down a Chinese news site after a Chinese assault would that also be "terrorism" in your opinion. (By the way, the Chinese government controls the media).

Is Debka controlled by Israeli intelligence? Do a little digging and find out why they were a temporary casualty in the information war. .

[edit on 1/4/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Does Borg Hoffen know that "there" doesn't mean what he thinks it means? In fact, perhaps he is a little short on understanding in many ways. By the way; Debka is a very important and valuable service. It gets a few things wrong but it gets more right. If it wasn't important, they wouldn't have launched a Denial of Service.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
www.debka.com...

Important Notice

January 4, 2009, 3:45 PM (GMT+02:00)

DEBKAfile's two sites in English and Hebrew came under a massive cyber attack on our servers at the moment Israeli ground forces crossed into the Gaza Strip Saturday night, Jan. 3. The attackers tried and failed to block and replace our content. We did our utmost to restore service as quickly as possible and return to full operation.

DEBKAfile thanks our many visitors for their patience.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Avantes!
if Debkafile is a load of crap... what does that make drudgereport?
a steaming load of crap?

When it comes to military happenings in the middle east, debka file is the most reliable source. It's articles are written unbiasedly, although their content is chosen by a man, and therefore IS biased.
But compare it to what else is out there; ThinkProgress.org is a #ing hippie joke, CNN is a farce, as well as all other US news agencies. BBC are a bunch of patzies, drugereport is the devil, then there's yarbles like the Sun and new york times, post, something RAW. ALL nonsense.

I personally perfer to stick to the forums, and have intelligent conversations with people about what's going on instead of listening to a pack of lying, biased, wolves, but when it comes to internet news, especially about the happenings of the middle east, Debkafile.net is the real deal.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Its back up and running. I got through with no trouble. Someone tried to hack it and change the content. Sounds like a disinfo scam!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Couple of days ago...

Domain hacked in protest to ongoing Gaza offensive Friday January 02, 2009 Israeli sources reported on Friday that an Israeli domain server was hacked on Friday and the main pages of major Israeli websites were replaced with images of the casualties of the ongoing Israeli offensive against the Gaza Strip. Some of the hacked websites were the Israeli Bank Discount, a website for weather forecast and the Israeli Ynet News, one of the main Israeli news websites. The main page of the Ynet News was replaced by a black page which included four pictures; the first picture included a large number of bodies of Palestinians or Lebanese who were killed in Israeli offensives, the second pictures was of detainees at Abu Ghraib, all forced nude and forced over each other, the third picture was an image of an Israeli religious man carrying a poster which reads Ending Zionism = Peace, and the fourth picture was the historic map of Palestine which has several images of illegal land grab and annexation by Israeli through different historical periods. The hackers also played a song about Gaza in the background. The website was fixed several hours later and the Ynet News managed to gain control over it again. Furthermore, the hackers also controlled an Israeli Weather Forecast website. It was revealed later on that the hackers are from Turkey and that they hacked into the websites in retaliation to the ongoing Israeli attacks against the Gaza Strip. They left messages in Turkish and English stating "You will be cursed in the electronic world", and other messages such as "to the Palestinian people, your Muslim brothers salute you… be patient…we in Turkey support you.." Meanwhile, Israeli Ynet News, reported that an Islamic group in Morocco hacked into The Net domain registration system and hijacked several prominent domain names in Israel such as the Ynetnews.com and Bank Discount. The Ynet News added that the hackers obtained a password which granted them access to the server "which updates and "translates" the websites' IP addresses into a Domain Name Service; and change the IP's numeral values, effectively rerouting users away from the original websites". The Ynet added that the hackers did not hack into actual websites but redirected the users to a "hostile" website, while other hackers managed to access original websites. Also, Ynet reported that a group in Morocco, calling itself "Team Evil" was behind attacking the domain name. The same groups previously hacked into other Israeli brands such as Cellcom, Shilav and BlueSquare, the Ynet said and added that the server which hosts the hackers’ website is based in Japan. Domain hacked in protest to ongoing Gaza offensive author Friday January 02, 2009 22:31author by Saed Bannoura - IMEMC & Agencies Report this post to the editors Israeli sources reported on Friday that an Israeli domain server was hacked on Friday and the main pages of major Israeli websites were replaced with images of the casualties of the ongoing Israeli offensive against the Gaza Strip.

www.uruknet.info...

Mungo

top topics

join