It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A insight into Pres. Bush's personality, A True Texan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
An article that shows you some foresight about Bush's personality. Seems out of the private eye, he wasen't such a bad guy,

news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON – President George W. Bush will be judged on what he did. He will also be remembered for what he's like: a fast-moving, phrase-mangling Texan who stays upbeat even though his country is not.

For eight years, the nation has been led by a guy who relaxes by clearing brush in scorching heat and taking breakneck bike rides through the woods. He dishes out nicknames to world leaders, and even gave the German chancellor an impromptu, perhaps unwelcome, neck rub. He's annoyed when kept waiting and sticks relentlessly to routine. He stays optimistic in even the most dire circumstances, but readily tears up in public. He has little use for looking within himself, and only lately has done much looking back.

Bush's style and temperament are as much his legacy as his decisions. Policy shapes lives, but personality creates indelible memories — positive and negative.

Call it distinctly Bush.

Great article and I think you'll find it enjoyable.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Bush isn't a Texan.

en.wikipedia.org...-life

He was born in Connecticut.

He own property in Texas. Oh yeah, and Paraguay.

If I owned property on Maui; would that make me Hawaiian?

George Bush is an East Coast Yankee.

but that was a good article on the President.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Bush isn't a Texan.

en.wikipedia.org...-life

He was born in Connecticut.

He own property in Texas. Oh yeah, and Paraguay.

If I owned property on Maui; would that make me Hawaiian?

George Bush is an East Coast Yankee.

but that was a good article on the President.

I was just going to say that. you beat me to it.

George W bush doesnt know what it means, nor does he have what it takes to be a real Texan. Georgie Porgie is just a lame duck, poser with a bad record and an even worse admin. he will go down and history as such, regardless of what he and his cronies think of how they will be percieved.

He is moving very close to me after his term is up (unfortanatley)... You should hear the people the news has interviewed in the area he is moving to. I remember one lady said " I guess its ok if he lives in my nieghborhood, just as long as he leaves everyone alone and minds his own business"

Most Texans (Including republcians) have lost all respect for the man. He screwed up and thats how he will be remembered(atleast around here). A screw up.

George Bush a true Texan? This Texan disagrees.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I understand that, it just that He has lived in Texas pretty long, and seems to enjoy the outdoors, and seems like pretty well rounded guy all around, except when in the public policy.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
I understand that, it just that He has lived in Texas pretty long, and seems to enjoy the outdoors, and seems like pretty well rounded guy all around, except when in the public policy.

Lving in texas, does not a true Texan make. Enjoying the outdoors does not a true Texan make. Seeming well rounded except when in public(?) does not a true Texan make.

George Bush has no clue what it means nor does he have waht it takes to be a true Texan.

Perhaps I am missing the point, and I apologise for doing so, but what does what you just said have to do with anything? George Bush has no respect from me. The article was okay and I thank you for sharing it. I guess that was the whole point? Just wanting to share the article?

whaaa and I just wanted you to know that Bush is not a Texan, He does not represent Texas. He does not stand for Texas. He doesnt know what it means to be a true Texan. Just having lived in Texas does not make you a true Texan ( atleast not in the eyes of Texas).

Other thank that the article and what you said about it was great.

I hope im not coming across as an A-hole. I really dont mean to be. Believe me, rude, is the last thing I want to be. If I am coming across that way I truly apologise, I just dont know how else to word what I am trying to say.

Thanks for posting the article.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I understand you view, and I agree, I probably did not emphasize it right, and did not put it right.

He looked like a outdoors guy, and you might have viewed him different if he wasn't president and made some really stupid decisions.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I hope im not coming across as an A-hole. I really dont mean to be. Believe me, rude, is the last thing I want to be. If I am coming across that way I truly apologise, I just dont know how else to word what I am trying to say.

Thanks for posting the article.

You did fine g_s_t. I was born and raised in Lubbock and still own a farm north, out by Idalou. I haven't lived in Texas for quite some time but as they say "You can take the boy out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the boy"

"W" is a wanna be, a wanker, a poser. Underneath that "good ole boy" image; that was so well crafted to make him appeal to the common man, is an elite country club snob. I met Laura in Midland back in the 70s. I like Laura. Laura is a Texan, but marrying a Texan dosen't make you a Texan; all is does is make you married to a Texan.

To me the article by Mr. Feller was a transparent PR campaign to try and shore up the Bush image and leave at least some positive legacy. Ain't gonna happen!!

[edit on 4-1-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Lving in texas, does not a true Texan make. Enjoying the outdoors does not a true Texan make. Seeming well rounded except when in public(?) does not a true Texan make.

Well said (the whole post, but this is a point most don't understand). This isn't America where you can take a citizenship test to become a Texan. Either you are or you aren't. The only test is whether you were born here or not.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I like this article better, its much more insightful and hard hitting. Mr. Bush has given Texas a bad name, I think he would do great in Paraguay! Especially since he turned our country into a 3rd world nation with his idiotic policies, propoganda and incompetence!

A President Forgotten but Not Gone

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I didn't see much that was peculiarly Texan in the OP's linked article, unless the thing that makes Texans so special is that they are just like everybody else. (Let's leave mustard on grilled cheese out of it.)

I have written innumerable posts criticizing and lampooning Bush in these forums. I regularly refer to him as Bushelzebub and regard his administration as a trainwreck that only a doting father could love.

However . . . I do grant you that he is a human being. He has a certain klutzy charm that is probably regarded as lovable by his friends and family. I'm sure if I was at one of his barbecue's, I'd have fun. He's a nice guy and I like his wife and children, but couldn't you say the same thing about Hitler, Eva and Blondie, or about Joseph Goebbels and wife and children. The home movies make these people seem to be pleasant and fun loving.

It's really jarring to put banal, nice guy Bush up against the rubble of an Iraqi home and some anguished Iraqi mother cradling her dead baby in her arms for . . . what?

I see a replay in my head of a Nazi tank rolling past a Russian farmhouse with its thatched roof on fire and a weeping Russian peasant woman standing by watching her hard scrabble life destroyed by a guy with a nice dog and a silly girlfriend.

Bottom line. George Bush = War Criminal

It's about the banality of evil. About the chicken farmer who murdered millions in the 1940's. The moral of the story. Deal with it before it deals with you.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hell no, I reject that Connecticut yankee!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If the world catches a break from fate, one day Bush, Cheney, Meyers, Rumsfeld and other Eichmann-like boffins of death in the Bush administration will be up on charges before the International War Crimes Tribunal.

Bush has done way more than give Texas a bad name. He has, and richly deserves the hatred of the world.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mel1962

I read the linked article pointed out in your post. Thanks for posting it. It is quite amusing and insightful on the psychology of Bush. It is the kind of article that could be expanded into a book because it touches on many ramifications of Bush's failures of personality.

What troubles me as a non-American though is the alarming way that Bush's self absorption and lack of contextual awareness mirrors that of the United States itself.

In Britain there are people seriously working to have Tony Blair charged as a war criminal. The mere fact that Bush has taken steps to immunize people who have acted against any number of laws in doing his administration's bidding begs the question, "Is anyone in the US trying to have George W. Bush tried as a war criminal?"

I haven't heard of it. I'm sure there are such people, but the prevailing notion that one observes among Americans is that, yes, Iraq was a huge mistake, but that at most, America should, in the words of Donald Trump, "Declare victory and get out."

Americans really don't seem to be voicing any expectation that their own home grown Nazi-style war criminal should be facing punishments appropriate to a Nazi war criminal. The American moral sense has no trouble coping with small time multiple murderers. It has no trouble coping with big time political murderers if they are foreigners.

However, confronted with a big time political murderer who is American, American moral sense goes "tilt" like an arcade game that stops working.

America is a lot like "Dubya" in that respect.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by ipsedixit]

top topics

join