It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is war an inevitability?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
War is inevitable as long as man remains in his natural fallen state(without a birth of the supernatural Spirit of God in him).

What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. James 4; 1, 2

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God; having a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.” 2 Timothy 3; 1-5.

The Power of God that is denied is the Spirit of Love. We don't have it, or we don't have enough of it, because we don't ask for it or we don't put our faith in it. Instead, we put our faith in a God of our own making and turn back to the ways of the old man, and thus deny the new Spirit within us and turn our backs on the Spirit of Love.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
War is peace, to put it most eloquently.
Beyond that, though, I must concede that war is inevitable, and shall continue to be an honored tradition throughout humanity's future. The simple fact is that most people aren't entirely rational and enjoy grouping together in such a way that they feel special. If another group appears to be more special, they're threatened by it. If another group appears to be less special, they feel as though its theirs to dominate. For the most part, people would rather become violent and rally under a war banner than use intellegence to find a solution; war is quicker and easier than negotiation and gradual change. Economically speaking, war is a miracle; look to WWII and the depression and you'll understand what I mean.
I'm rambling, I think, so I'll cut to the quick. All war is born of human egotism, avarice, and fear; remove these things and peace will be inevitable. However, as they are three of the archetypes of human psychology, you'd be removing a large part of what makes us human.

In the end of things, we must take the bad with the good, so to speak. My sole objective in the war which is to come, my drive in life which seems to have been forgotten by my American brethren, is survival. The most that one can hope is to let the fools kill each other so that a new period of intelligence and hope can be born. Call it a controlled burn if you will, but we'll choke the life out of ourselves without some grand conflagration to renew our morals and reduce our population. The past shows very clearly what happens when this "burn" is skipped; the most recent, and most devastating, result of urban decay without war were the Dark Ages. Oddly enough, the proof that my theory is correct can be seen with the end of the Dark Ages; in the wake of a nearly global-scale war, our sad little race more or less leapt into the Rennaissance.

Call me crazy, but I think were in for bigger problems than most can understand if a massive disaster on a global scale, be it natural or manufactured, doesn't strike within the next decade. And given the state of politics paired with the growing instability of our planet, I'd say the forces at work agree.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
To the original postee - I love the cut of your jib.

If we take the assumption that war is inevitable, then we are no different to the child that abuses their partner as they have seen their dad abuse their mum - simple and horrible as that.

It also shows that while as humans we have advanced technologically in leaps and bounds, our fundamental mindset has not gone any further than the stone age (very interestingly -beginning of "2001 - Space Odessey" when the monkey throws the baton in the air and it comes down as a satellite - this is what Kubrik was symbolising)

We can all do something about this but it is radical:

1. See all war as political gain -to take your eye off the current worries in the local world

2. Don't support ANY wars irreagrdless of race, creed religion - there are only losers on both sides

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Originally posted by templar knight

To the original postee - I love the cut of your jib.

Im not so sure you should admit that you been thinking about my jib!
of Im kidding of course, I appreciate that.

If we take the assumption that war is inevitable, then we are no different to the child that abuses their partner as they have seen their dad abuse their mum - simple and horrible as that.

So true. Its a "disease" that is learned. Our children see our behavior and mimmock it. Its a vicious cycle it seems

It also shows that while as humans we have advanced technologically in leaps and bounds, our fundamental mindset has not gone any further than the stone age (very interestingly -beginning of "2001 - Space Odessey" when the monkey throws the baton in the air and it comes down as a satellite - this is what Kubrik was symbolising)

That is a very interesting point and so true. I wonder why it is that as we go through time and evolve and gain new technology yet one of the few things that seem to never change is our primitive ways of war.

We can all do something about this but it is radical:

1. See all war as political gain -to take your eye off the current worries in the local world

Ok sounds good, but how would we do that?

2. Don't support ANY wars irreagrdless of race, creed religion - there are only losers on both sides

But what of the "elite few" who WANT war because of the political and monetary gain that often times comes with it? I agree both sides are losers but yeah, what about those 'elite few' who dont care about that? How can we change their mind with out resorting to war?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
nature breeds rogues,they manifest into societal leaders at times.

we could just constitute no offensive actions without a referendum.

nutbag dictators would still get starched,but we don't have to pay blood for nutbags that worm their way into public office in democratic society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join