It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

re: mars pic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
There are several cracks that are near perfectly straight, stop and take 90 degree turns while keeping the exact same width all over the picture? OK

I did have a lot more to say. Especially about how it seems like a finger was pointed at me for taking the thread off topic by posting a image that wasn't about the OP's image, even though I'm not the only one who did it, but I'll keep my mouth shut.

The "it's just rock, move along" crowd needs to find a new hobby. None of you can possibly know that without having been there and nobody says what they see is infact what's there, but you people say "it's just rock" like it's a fact and we're all wrong.

i'm starting to see why soo many are getting tired of this site lately. Too many members go around thinking they're mods

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

NASA should start another public relations campaign like they did in the 60's and bring back the level of inspiration they gave to so many young people of the 60's who are now those engineers and scientists and astronauts, so that the next generations up comming wont be flooded with war and death, but inspired by adventure, discovery and space flight as it was before.

Great Post RF..

But you forgot one thing...

NASA USED to be a public entity... they are now officially an arm of the DoD

The Lunar Orbiter pictures went FIRST to the Defense Department mapping devision

Clementine was a US NAVY/DoD Starwars program vessel

[edit on 4-1-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

This site is getting tiresome because it used to be about things that were genuinely interesting. It used to be about ideas and far out subjects that were also compelling. Now it is full of threads of about pictures of rocks that snipe like hungry dogs at anyone that does not see "disneyland" in the rocks.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Intothepitwego

So leave...

wZn

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Originally posted by Christian Voice
It's Mars, ya know what that means? Rocks !!
Ya know what it was 100,000,000 years ago ? Rocks !! Ya know what it will be 100,000,000 years from now ? Rocks !!
That's it ! You people are seriously grasping at straws to consider you will ever find anything besides rocks on Mars.

Tell that to NASA so they stop spending billions on sending mission after mission after mission to Mars when, according to you and NASA, its nothing but a 4 billion year old ball of rocks.

How many times do scientists, planitary geologists, and NASA need to send probe after probe, rover after rover, to say "yep its rocks nothing to see move along"?

Obviously there is something there to make NASA want to continue to send very expensive robotic missions to Mars other than plain ol rocks.

If they want to look at rocks, there are plenty here on Earth to play with and study till they are red in the face.

Think about it.

Cheers!!!!

Your post RFBurns as many you make in this arena is complete BS and shows your utter lack of scientific understanding. NASA has never ever ended a mission to Mars by saying ""yep its rocks nothing to see move along"?" as you state in your post. Each new probe leads to new discoveries giving us clues to Mars past and expanding planetary science in general. From how planets form, to the types of minerals, and so forth, as well as a planets history and habitability. Furthermore the more tests you wish to run the more gear you need, and you cant stick everything wed want on one probe. Furthermore, data from probes gives you insight onto future landing sights for future probes based on the information gleaned before, the way that Phoenixs landing site will be chosen, the way Mars Science Laboratories landing site will be chosen, for the maximum chance of success.

How dare you RFBurns, just because you lack the grasp needed to understand the scientific principles behind esearching planets, how dare you reduce the hard work of all the men and women of NASA, all their scientists and so forth to merely:

""yep its rocks nothing to see move along"?

as you said in your post.

For you to state without any evidence that the only reason NASA would send probe after probe to Mars is if there was some sort of alien life or alien civilization there is pure nonsense and illustrates your utter lack of understanding of how planets are studied, how missions are planned.

Maybe to you, all the work is just:

'"yep its rocks nothing to see move along""

But that hasnt, nor will it ever been what NASA says, figuratively or literally. Weve made many discoveries about Mars over the decades, from the fact that Mars used to have a magentic field, used to have water, from how the Martian seasons work, and so forth, just because these discoveries dont tickle your fancy, they dont seem worth the work to you
doesnt give you a right to insult all the people who do care about science and learning, by reducing the work and discoveries they make to your deluded cover up fantasies with a statement reducing NASA to:

""yep its rocks nothing to see move along"?"

How dare you RFburns.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Ya know what it was 100,000,000 years ago ? Rocks !! Ya know what it will be 100,000,000 years from now ? Rocks !!
That's it ! You people are seriously grasping at straws to consider you will ever find anything besides rocks on Mars.

This statement made by the guy that looks to the bible for answers. You know what it is? paper. 1500 yrs ago when it was written, it was words on paper, 1500 yrs from now, it will still be words on paper, but properly placed under mythology. along with Homer, and all the eddas.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

This statement made by the guy that looks to the bible for answers. You know what it is? paper. 1500 yrs ago when it was written, it was words on paper, 1500 yrs from now, it will still be words on paper, but properly placed under mythology. along with Homer, and all the eddas.

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

actually NavalFC. RF Burns never said it was just rocks move along
That was the christian voice fellow.RFburns was sarcastically responding to christian Voices statement.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If i knew this thread was going to stir up so much hate, i would have never opened it.

I'm not even sure what it is. It could be just a crappy rock formation or a gateway to another utopia, where people eat candy all day and throw water balloons at each other.

Mods, please close this thread, as it promotes nothing but hatred amongst members of the community and provides nothing meaningfull to the content of this website.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by phrankie79

Hello phrankie79.
I’m glad to see you enjoy that photo. Its one of my favourites. Don’t ever be put off posting what you find.

Some people find it interesting, no matter what it turns out to be. Somewhere on my pc I have two other pics similar to the Cape st Vincent. if you want the links let me know.

If we don’t seek we will never find.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
HEY ZORG THIS IS CRAZY BUT THERE ARE LETTERS IN YOUR MARS PICTURE I DONT NO IF YOU SEEN IT OR NOT BUT LOOK AT THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR BIG MARS PICTURE GOTTA ZOOM IN TO SEE IT IT ON THE FLAT ROCK IT SAYS--BARS--

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
By the way im new here so ya im in to ufos PROJECT BLUE BEAM PROJECT HAARP Bob lazar tesla any one wanna post a commit on my FIND ABOUT THE LETTERS IN THE ROCK IN ZORGS PICTURE ITS NOT ON THE FAR LEFT ITS IN THE LEFT MIDDLE YOUL FIND IT....O YA 2012 ITS 4 SURE GUYS.O AND THAT RAW VIDEO IS SAD BUT IT HAPPINS EVERY DAY THERE SAD BUT TRUE..ANY WAY ILL KEEP IN TOUCH ABOUT ALL THINGS I HEAR ON UFOS AND OTHERS STUFF......................... Ƞ

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Im not so sure Stan, in other "OMG! That rock looks like a X!" thread RFBurns has said the exact same thing, basiclly stating that the only reason NASA cares so much about mars or any other object in space is because theyve found , which is laughable and shows his lack of understanding of science. Maybe discovering water on another planet, or evidence of oceans, or any other of the myriad of Mars dicoveries weve made in the recent discoveries arent exciting enough for him to consider them reasons for sending probes, but to the science community, they are.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Talk about getting tired! Like hateful parasites you attack Phrankie79 for simply posting a pic, seeing something, and asking questions about. For all you negative disrespectful people, did your mom every teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? I won't mention names, yet you know who you are and how mean you're acting towards others on this site. If you can't make friends here, converse, and be respectful... then take a slow boat to China and leave us to enjoy the site, the pictures, and the positive conversing because the only thing I'm tired of on this site are the verbal bulllies! Thanks for the post Phrankie no matter what it is as you keep pondering the possibilities and keep us all on our toes... keep us all thinking. For the idle mind is not just the Devil's workshop... it's a dark abyss that offers nothing! Peace!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by phrankie79

Don't be ashamed for posting here, this thread has stimulated some interesting open discussion about topics many are interested in. Its definately a relief from all of the Gaza war and Yellowstone doomsday threads popping up lately. Just because this discussion has also sparked some very serious debate and in some cases ignorant hate, just means you've got to be doing something right.

"First they ignore you... Then they mock you... Then they fight you... Then you win."

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the positive replies.

Can't we get along in relative peace and harmony?
We come here often to read the latest threads, hoping someone has finally found rock solid proof,( no pun intended) that can no longer be denied.

I can understand why some are angered over a photo with a bunch of rock formations. I'm sorry i don't have a picture of obama hugging a grey in central park or the crash remains from roswell..atleast not yet..

I want to believe has become more then a witty catch phrase, sold on tshirts at the beach. We as a people must stand together!

Anyway here is a song written and sang by Milla Jovovich, called The Alien Song.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by phrankie79]

[edit on 5-1-2009 by phrankie79]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm sorry I don't have a picture of Obama hugging a grey in central park

Entertain me... find a picture of Obama MUGGING a Grey...

Before we see another round of hate- I misread the word for a sec- and it sounded and made a funnier mental image than 'hugging'.

So smooth down the ruffled fur, put away the steak knives. I made a funny, K?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join