It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Azerbaijan special forces using U.S army ACU??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Maybe we sold them these or they just happen to have a REALLY similar uniform.

I was just browsing wiki randomly and came across this

Which was detailed as the Azerbaijan special forced during a parade

It looked awfully familiar so I also wiki the U.S military's for this photo

does anyone have information why they look so similar or if they are the same?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
israel sold the gear to them !

i've made this deal and made lots of money millions

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DalairTheGreat

They are both following the same concept of digitizing camo uniforms. They might be made from the same material and patterns at the most. But no they don't seem to be when looking at the collar of the uniforms.

The US Army uniform has a mandarin collar whereas the one on the Azerbaijan looks more like an upside down collar from a dinner jacket with having two parts on each side of the collar while the ACU has one on each side.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that Azerbaijan gets plenty of military aid from Washington, due to them sending troops into Iraq, their proximity to Russia, and their proximity to Iran. So, I would imagine that they are using legit ACU (as a sidenote, I believe neighboring Georgia uses it to a small degree as well).
Edit:
In another example of western military assistace, they are armed with Israeli Tavor rifles

[edit on 3-1-2009 by eslon]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
They did not look similar to me.
I doubt US will militarily assist Azerbaijan's army.
What is clear is that Azerbaijan gets ready for new NK war.
It won't take long...
US will remain on the sidelines assisting diplomatic efforts
for various reasons.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eventHorizon

Not against Armenia, since as i understand there are Russian bases/troops in the country, and the whole Georgia thing soured U.S.-Russian relations enough, & Armenia has also sent troops to Iraq. The reason we have intreest in the country is for its bases which are close to both Iraq/Iran and as a means to counter Russian influence in the region

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Doesnt really look similar but I can see where you get the idea from lots of countries have similar looking uniforms; they are green or dark gray with white, cream, brown or red in there.

I wouldnt be suprised if all the different countries copy there uniforms from each other, hey if it works use it.

The military of India uniforms look like the old US uniforms, most of the uniforms look the same because of the color.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Camo? I doubt it would be hard to spot a platoon of blue guys lowcrawling through some grass

new topics

top topics

join