It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of Being

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If you've ever daydreamed you would know that what goes on in your mind's eye during a day dream is being controlled by you. That's what dreams are but in a deeper state of consciousness. How did I come to that conclusion? Well, people who are devoted to meditation are able to guide themselves through various levels of deeper consciousness without getting caught up in their imagination and starting a dream. And supposedly we're deprived of sleep every moment we're not asleep, lol. So if we're depriving ourselves of sleep, or those deeper levels of consciousness, then we must be wasting our time by losing ourselves in the materialistic world we call reality. Now I want you all to take a look at this article on CNN.com: www.cnn.com...
It's about a man in India who hasn't eaten in 69 years. Think about that... If what is said in that article is true it changes our understanding on everything in this universe. How can a man live without fuel? Well, I remember reading another article about him where he stated that Shiva, I think, came to him and gave him the ability to live without food. But if you take a look at other spiritual people with strange abilities or take a look at stigmatics with marks or holes in their hands, they attained their abilities or marks after being "enlightened". All of them delved deep into their subconscious with a form of guided meditation and changed something about them at their cores. But each of their experiences weren't really messages from Jesus or Shiva. Their experiences were influenced by their belief systems. If you were to do some searching you would find that hypnotists in the past and present have been able to guide people to deeper states of consciousness and tell them that they were going to place a lit cigarette on their patient's skin and when they placed a pen or a similar object, which the patient thought was a cigarette, on the their skin the patient would develop a blister. Hypnotists have gotten patients to remove warts and other ailments from their bodies as well. So what all of this really tells us is we're beings of infinite possibilities and if we want to unleash our true potential then we must eliminate all of our current thoughts and beliefs on how this universe should operate by delving deep into our core which is the state of being. You can set yourself up a belief system that tells you all of this is true by doing some research. But you can really only prove it to yourself by just experiencing reality first hand by being. Not thinking but being. Being is at the core of everything. It's only when you start tainting this "being" with your thoughts on how it should be when you really lose the full experience of just being. I've experienced this state of being first hand and it's incredible what you can do when ideas aren't in your way.

[Edited on 4-7-2004 by Jenkins]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It's very interesting that humans can actually accomplish something beyond the limits of the mind. This does show that we are able to alter our physical selves by operating from the mental element, which means there is no separation between mind and body.

Maybe this is how humans will eventually morph their DNA selves to something more infinitely possible beyond our current situation, in mind and body, extending our powers.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Interesting..I remember reading a story about a man who was tested by NASA officials because he had fed off the sun or something, and if it was true, they wanted to see if they could use his way of sustinence in order to be able to accomplish deep-space travel. I wonder if this is the same man?

-wD

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
No, they're two different people. The man who supposedly lives on sunlight is Hira Ratan Manek.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
"Your focus determines your reality"

This is what I believe, that a person's mindset determines exactly what they are capable of. No one ever told me I couldn't jump six feet straight up, so one day I did. No one told me I couldn't jump from sidewalk to sidewalk across a city street, so I ran and jumped, and cleared the street. In my mind, I can do anything I see fit, and my reality works accordingly.

The matter that makes up the physical body differs from the mind only in form the energy is manifested, when a person realizes this, they are capable of anything.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Anyone ever read stories of people who have lowered their blood pressure and such. I know a guy who went to the Drs. office and they were told they had high blood pressure and were going to be put on meds. They asked for a few minutes alone to lower their BP and had the Dr. leave the room and come back a few minutes later and retest it. they came back in, and when they rechecked it, it was in normal range. Now, when they left, it was considerable higher than normal range. Not as impressive as your story kao, but it still proves the point that your mind is stronger than the force of matter. But then again, studies have proved that we are all made up of the same stuff that formes everything in the earth. We are connected to it all. The same force/energy that flows through us flows through everything else. Anyways, good find.

regs out...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hopefully noone will get blind from staring at the sun. It just seems impossible, but interesting.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Nlive, you would have to have control of your self and subconscience to be able to do that. Anyone could do it, but not anyone will train their mind to not respond in the normal way...

regs out...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yes, it is actually not that hard to lower your blood pressure, or your heart rate and lowet the amount of electrical activity in your brain for a while by making your mind still, not thinking, and proper breathing. That's what meditation is about.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
My only problem is not being able to still myself and "cut my brain off" long enough. I've tried APing and lucid dreaming, but I can't seem to get the hang of it. Their seems to be a lock on the door or something. I can't seem to shut down long enough to consentrate. Every time I try I get about there, and then something catches my mind and I loose concentration. I used to be able to lucid dream, when I was a kid, but I lost that ability. I remember I would carry on a dream for weeks. I would wake up of a morning, and when I went to sleep that night, I would fall back into the same dream at the point I left off at the morning before. Can anyone help me with this or point to some good resources? or personal techniques/experiences?

regs out...

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Mind over body, it has been around for centuries.

You can rid your body of a cold, or flu sometimes even other ailments. If you know how the internal mechanics work in your mind. You have to have the ability to "see" not only the problem but to be able to make your own cells produce the right "formation" of white blood cells to fight off the "bug"

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
How though? I'm still foggy on what I am doing wrong here. Can someone help?

regs out...

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is very interesting. Let me explain how I view existence;

Man is a partial blend of body and mind. The body is simply a host for the soul to venture the physical realm. The mind is a somewhat seperate entity which is connected to a network of consciousness's, the universal consciousness. This network is supported by the mental (or psychic have you) connections which hold us all together.

Using this chain, trained few can draw upon the information and power of the universal consciousness to do extraordinary things.

That's my riff, I'll talk more later.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
ice of spades

You are right. GOD is the ultimate universal conscience.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
ice of spades

You are right. GOD is the ultimate universal conscience.

MMhmm...god *sarcastic*

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Regs, first off you have to realize that your mind controls your brain. It's the not other way around. You could give morphine to a person with Multiple Personality Disorder and it would have no effect on one of the other personalities if it decided to pop up. Anyways, with that said, you also have to realize that the reason why you can't focus is because you think you can't. Remove that thought and don't give any power to it. Just realize that any conflict that arises in your mind is just a mindgame and you don't have to partake in it. Don't partake in any "mindgames", aka thoughts, and just be.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Jenkins, any thoughts on how to settle down of a night to try and "break free" from my physical being? Any excersises that would help me to get into a state of just being?

regs out...

top topics

join