It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ki energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You Cup your hands together and shut your eyes. You then flex your arm muscle (keep eyes shut). Let the energy flow in your hands, because thats all Ki balls are. They are balls of energy. Don't worry if you can't see it the 1st time you just need to put more energy into it. If your hand twitches thats ok, that lets you know that you might be able to see it. It should take you a week or two weeks to see your ki ball. Some can see it earlier than others. You should also charge up your ki to it's maximum to create a Ki ball quicker and stronger. The time it should usualy take you to perform a ki ball before seeing it is about 5-10 min. for beginners, 4-6 min. for intermediate, and 30 sec.-1 min. for the advanced (ki gifted).

How many people here belive in a energy inside of you and controlling it? I personally belive it is 100% true and i controll my energy. Just wondering if there is anyone else here that do the same or belive the same and there experiances with it.
( sorry if this belongs some were else but iam fairly new here.)

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yeah Qi exists in some form or another. Qi Gong masters have been shown on Thermal Cam. controlling the temperature of their bodies. also, they have found that it's not just being consciously able to restrict or increase blood flow at will to areas. they have seen while the person is doing some qi gong move the heat transfer from say the body to the end of the finger tips.

As far as I know, and I've seen qi gong masters do their thing for real up close, chi balls are not visible. It's more likely a hand manuever to transfer kinetic and possibly qi energy from one hand to another or from one side of the body to the other. In kung fu. Chi ball movements are also called things like monkey plays with ball, or dragon plays with pearl. etc... really what it is doing is facilitating in the kinetics of posture and stance transfer. Ie. the person is in a cat stance holding a chi ball posture with their hands.right on top of left. he'll then flip his hands over so left is on top of right. trnasfer the momentum into a single whip osture. left hand behind in a crane's beak right hand extended forward in a buddha hand or palm hand position. at the apex of the arms extension into the full single whip posture the person will twist their hand conserving momentum trwist their shoulders shift their feet so that the are now rotated and facing what was their posterior and drop down into a crouching leapord palm strike to the pelvis of a potential rear attacking enemy. the point is that the chi ball is really a manuever to shift your force efficiently into another stance. it's a preping menuever.

chi seems real. I practice real basic chi gong- xi sui jing etc, and I can feel the energy transfer from one part of my body to another.

The skin acts sorta piezo electrically. this important to know because not all ofthe chi meridian lines and energy points on the body match up with the actual nerves in the body. but the body being electrical in some of it's nature the skin acts piezo electrically. the voltage potentials or whatever actually line up right where the chi meridian and focal point lines are depicted in chinese acupuncture charts. the points are pretty much harmonic like nodes on the skin and mody of the over all electrical field or whatever. strike one chi point and you distrupt the piezo electric flow of the body in that region essentially short circuiting the electric impulse either numbing pain or obstructing healthy signals causing eventual organ problems in the associated areas etc...

I've seen the Iron body qi gong with my own eyes and yes these masters can summon some way to project their chi to protect themselves. seen masters smash real (i checked) iron bars on the heads with out even causing a lump or bruise.

QI gong masters will if you study deep enough with them discuss things like vibrational energy. how all objects have a vibration frequency of it's energy and that a master can regulate their energy vibration say in their hand in phase or out of phase with the object to either help it along or break it.

But although it's not fully understood qi gong is real from my experience. one warning though for the first few months of practicing chi gong the moves are simple, subtle and seeming arbitrary and BS, but after a while you become aware of the energy flow in the simple moves and things begin to click, but at first your going to be wondering WTH. this is BS, but eventually you become educated in the truth that the stuff works. Note- you must practice with a real practicioner, not joe schmo at the local kung fu club that doesn't even teach real kung fu. If you know what to look for real kung fu will have qi gong movements blended into the kung fu movements.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by legacyv

Sorry, but I have to call BS on that source.
If you could see this energy then it would be verified. Someone would have caught it on camera.
I believe some of what I've read about this energy, but most of it is BS. This isn't Dragonball Z lol...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
lucky that you got to see all of that, where did you get to see them up close?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
reply to post by legacyv

Sorry, but I have to call BS on that source.
If you could see this energy then it would be verified. Someone would have caught it on camera.
I believe some of what I've read about this energy, but most of it is BS. This isn't Dragonball Z lol...

I also dont belive that it is visible, but i still belive in it

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I have been a Martial Arts practioner for almost 35 years. The most amazing demonstration of Chi i have personal witnessed hapen about 12 years ago. iwent to see the Chinese Wu Shu team at a local theater. It was a "In The Round' type show venue! We watched about a half an hour of the student of the master show some forms and some Demo's and then the show kind of stopped. A few minutes went by and two student walked out on stage with a table. Three others walked out with glass urns that would hold nearly 2 and half gallons of liquid. In one they poured sand into it and filled it to the top. The Grand Master came on stage and bowed and had one of the student pick the filled urn up and hapen to hand it to me. It must have weighed a good 30 lbs. They had me hold it out in front of me. The Master walked over to me and simply placed ONE hand on the side of the urn and took it away from me and held it out at armslength, like it was a feather. he then turned his hand so the the Urn hung below his had and held this for maybe a minute or more. I could not of held it with both hands with my arms outstreached for more than a few second but this guy just held it. walked over to the table and placed it on the table like it was easy as pie. he walked over to me and shook my hand with the one that he held the urn with. It was almost too hot to hold to shake it! If I didn't believe in Chi before this, I was completely convinced after!!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I have been a Martial Arts practioner for almost 35 years. The most amazing demonstration of Chi i have personal witnessed hapen about 12 years ago. iwent to see the Chinese Wu Shu team at a local theater. It was a "In The Round' type show venue! We watched about a half an hour of the student of the master show some forms and some Demo's and then the show kind of stopped. A few minutes went by and two student walked out on stage with a table. Three others walked out with glass urns that would hold nearly 2 and half gallons of liquid. In one they poured sand into it and filled it to the top. The Grand Master came on stage and bowed and had one of the student pick the filled urn up and hapen to hand it to me. It must have weighed a good 30 lbs. They had me hold it out in front of me. The Master walked over to me and simply placed ONE hand on the side of the urn and took it away from me and held it out at armslength, like it was a feather. he then turned his hand so the the Urn hung below his had and held this for maybe a minute or more. I could not of held it with both hands with my arms outstreached for more than a few second but this guy just held it. walked over to the table and placed it on the table like it was easy as pie. he walked over to me and shook my hand with the one that he held the urn with. It was almost too hot to hold to shake it! If I didn't believe in Chi before this, I was completely convinced after!!

Zindo

wow thats crazy, you always have intresting things to post on my forums
wish i could meet someone like that guy

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thanks. When you've lived 60 years or more and learned to keep your mouth shut and your eyes and ears open, you learn alot of crap. Some of it much better than the rest!!!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
YEah thats actually a technique developed by Tiger style practicioners. They fill jars and jugs with sand lead shot etc... and hold them using their fingers for grip instead of their full on hands. gives them crazy amounts of finger and hand strength. also, the guy could have really strong arms from years of baguazhang practice.

the hot hands could have been from all the directed chi. it's possible. could also be from the exertion too.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
My sifu is a shi at the shaolin temple in songshan. he's in america right now to spread shaolin chan buddhism. Been here for about 10 years. he's a Hard Qi Gong master, and shaolin monk. he's the guy I've seen do all the qi gong and that I study under. he's pretty intense, but tea with him is pretty nice.

me and the other students refer to studying with him as masochistics anonymous. You have to be willing to experience a lot of physical pain and exertion to get good at qi gong and kung fu. you can't just practice internal arts, nor external. both must be practiced equally or both/either are useless in real life. One student coughed up blood the following mornings after workout with him for the first month or so. not me but I know how he feels. the training is intense.

One thing about practicing qi gong. even the beginners must do even the simplest excercises under supervision. not because you can injure yourself durring excercise but afterward. that stored up and displaced chi has to go somewhere or do something. there are certain excercises one MUST do after performing qi gong to re settle the qi or put it back to normal or you can potentially injure your self or experience whats called chi lock. chi lock sucks take it from me. feels like your whole body is experiencing the flu severely. your back aches so bad that you can't get comfortable or sleep. and weird things happen. spontanious leg flailing. twitchyness. insomnia, priapisms that take hours to go away and have nothing to do with any sexual thought etc... that energy has to go somewhere. Actually it's all about yin and yang. after a qi gong work out or any kung fu workout like ji be gong tong si dong etc... the best thing to do after you wash your face at the temple or dojo's restroom and change your shirt to remove your sweat drenched clothes a ice cold shower for about 1 minute is best. then get out and wrap yourself in warm blankets or clothes. this helps re settle the chi and bring back harmony to the body's systems. sounds funny but it's true.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
well i've never seen a chi ball, but i have done kundalini yoga and seen a few things.

a couple of times throughout my life i've done things that weren't capable of a typical person. physical strength type of things. i've always attributed it to my blood being hot and just being focused.

in the army we were changing the sprocket on our tank's hub. the hub is a bout a 1000 pounds and the two sprockets weigh about 250 pounds each. solid steel. about 5 or 6 of us were standing around as we were snapping the 1inch bolts on the hub to take it off and change the inner sprocket. we were all standing around wondering how to flip the sprocket over so that we could replace it on the hub. (you flip 'em when it's worn out and re use it) all the sudden i grabbed the sprocket like it was nothing and flipped it like you might flip a plate in your hands and then set it back down.

everyone took a step back and was just like... uhh...

no one said anything. stuff like that happens, call it adrenaline or chi or whatever i don't know.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

My Chinese is Mandarin so our terminology will be some what confusing!
The system I studied was called Bai Hsing Chuan. Translates to White Star Fist. It is the only short fist system taught in the Northern Provinces. Most Northern Chinese styles are long fist, short fist styles being mostly Southern. It is a combination of five animals in the hard Shaolin system, melded with Ba Qua, and Hsing I! Due to a serious back injury from a car wreck I can only do the Soft styles from the system anymore but, Ba Qua and Hsing I give me the flexibility to get benefits from it still. I can still pratice with the weapons and mostly work with Ba Qua knives and the broad sword!
Zindo

[edit on 1/4/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Right on Zindo!!!!

I too study northern Kung Fu too. My shifu goes very slowly and demands patience from his students. He won't teach weapons to anybody until they have studied with him for at least 3 years. And the first weapon for about a year will be the staff, then the 9 ringed staff/halbrid, then onto the swords. usually those students have learned under him for 5-7 years, but man their footwork is spot on.

I have been lucky enough to have made it to the staff and the 9 ringed blade. But i've studied kobojitsu, kendo etc...so weapons are comfortable to me.

As for me we get drilled in the basics over and over, and then over and over again. The Lohan Shi Ba Shou (18 movements)although I know up to about 22 ish-it's been extened to 108 or so I believe), Duan Da, Wu Bu Quan (although the wu bu I've learned doesn't look other than some of the first 5 movements like half the diluted wu bu I see on youtube) Xiao Hong Quan (small red fist 24 postures), Tong Bi Quan. Of course Chang Chaun (long fist), basic Qin Na, Tui Shou (push hands)

The more martial forms of Tai Chi like Wu Chen Quan Tai Chi.

But for the first hour it's all Ji Ben Gong and least favorite Tong Zi Gong.

Not too comfortable doing dragon and 7 star stances. twisting squats = mucho leg burn like the feeling when holding Ma Bu for too long. But my Pu Bu is pretty sick.

I too prefer the manderin names and language over cantonese. Shaolin sounds so much better than Sil Lum which sounds like some chinese food dish and not some bad ass martial system and form of meditation.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hsing-i is pretty cool. I'm thinking of dabbling in Bagua first. Like the hand and upper body movements plus those brass rings look cool. Pretty used to circle walking so doing Bagua will seem sorta like a logical progression.

Hsing-I though you develop huge internal power, makes sense that they would hybrid it with the Shaolin styles. Wondering what Hsing-I/ Tiger Hybrid would be like. Put some Pong bu into those Hsing-I fists, probably pretty hard core.

I Think that despite the back injury a good amount of Kung Fu can be available for you. My shifu broke his back a long time ago. doctors told him he probably wouldn't be able to walk again. the shaolin weren't having it, they said, Oh no you're going to walk again and then some. and many years later he is a very well respected Shi at the temple. Shi Yong Xin things he's come a long way. accomplished enough that he was asked by yong xin and did go through Ba ja. Now he's got those incense brands along his hairline and up onto the crown of his head. saw the footage from the ceremony. of 100 or so monks asked to go through with it. only 30 or so actually didn't chicken out. he was the very first one to go. said he was afraid, knew it would hurt real bad (the incense burns for about 5 minuted the last two right through your skin right down to the bone) but everybody was smiling and all of his brothers were there, he felt calm and ready. You can catch a glimpse of him on some youtube videos referring to the Ba Ja ordination.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Our Broad Sword is like the nine ring ( "gou wan do" ) but without the rings. I started with the Bo for about the same time and progressed to the
Wu Fu Jian ( straight Sword very much like Tai Chi) and then on to the Broad Sword! I miss the instruction though and also miss teaching. The closest school for my style is in Iowa so its beena long time!
Zindo

new topics

top topics

join