It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Free Style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I made this thread so we can all talk about Yellowstone and not limit it to just observations. If you want to just talk about what you experienced there on vacation, thats alright! As long as it has something to do with Yellowstone...feel free to post it! BUT..... no flaming of other posters please!

The only way you could possibly wander off-topic, is to talk about something that has nothing whatsoever to do with Yellowstone.

Please...no false announcements of eruptions!

[edit on 1/3/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Woot, Great job MadDog, I'll be here when I wake up from my nap

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's neat that so much charismatic megafauna resides around Yellowstone National Park. I've been there in mid-summer and early winter and found it gorgeous both times.

The Crazy Mountains are north and east of the park.
The Livingston, MT library is neat if you get stuck there.
Buffalo gore. Beware.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I myself have never been there. As a kid, I remember my Grandparents coming home from vacation, and telling me all about Yellowstone, showing me pictures and yes, slides. I loved it! I always dreamed about going there someday in person.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Id love to go too, lets all meet there this summer!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Welcome to the Free Style thread. I live in PA, quite a drive out there. And I won't fly, lol. But I know this...once I have that kind of capital in my checking account...I'm there (if its still there).

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yellowstone survived the fires that were allowed to burn and will survive a small eruption. It may even be good for tourism. A mild lava flow would fit in nice with the theme of the park. My personal opinion is that a super eruption is very unlikely. From what I gather the magma is much more crystaline than it was 640k years ago. Earth is only about 4 billion years old so it stands to reason that past eruptions will not be indicative of what may happen now.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If I make it to Yellowstone soon my first task will be to hold an iPod with looping eruption video in front of the old faithful webcam. J/K

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Windycity
If I make it to Yellowstone soon my first task will be to hold an iPod with looping eruption video in front of the old faithful webcam. J/K

Oh ya Im sure that would set off wannabe geologists throwing up more "not official get the hell out of dodge" videos on youtube!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Windycity

Thats cruel! But kinda funny, lol.

new topics

top topics

join