It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli tank column enters Gaza: witness

page: 36
<< 33  34  35   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

I agree with Herlequin.

I think you are in violation of the T and C's by knowingly posting that which you knew to be false, and persisted in doing so, even when provided with evidence to the contrary.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Msnbc in Gaza
CNN can't even get in. More lies gamer girl.
The only ones having live images from Gaza are Ajazira, and they use local people to send in video feed.Maybe someone should call NBC and ask them if they are in Gaza city.My 2 cents they would say they are not even close.
Ohh boy you are full of disinfo.You spread it all around you.

Here let me ruin it for you.

news.trendaz.com...

Dozens of journalists waited at Israeli-Gaza border, watching the military operation in Gaza, as Israel refuses to let any media cross into the strip, reported Xinhua.

Since the Israel Defense Forces "Cast Lead" operation in Gaza Strip began 11 days ago, the Israeli Supreme Court has agreed to allow a limited number of journalists into Gaza, but Israeli army has not fulfilled its promise yet.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by pepsi78]

MSNBC, CNN, BBC, CBC, Fox, are all in gaza. Turn the Television on and you will see live footage, recorded footage, and reporters on the ground. I can easily debunk you by turning my Television on, as anyone else can.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I listen to the radio, the BBC station which is connected through NewsRadio. I have heard so many times now that people have reported in from Gaza and Israel.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Just a reminder:

Whether or not another poster has violated the Terms and Conditions is a subject for a Complaint and is definitely NOT on topic.

Any further allegations of this sort posted "In Thread" will be removed and the Member could be warned.

Thank you

Semper

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
reply to post by StevenDye

Terror is the intentionally inflicting pain, fear, or horror on an unarmed civilian populace. A good example is a bus bombing by a suicide bomber.

Used by allies and Nazis alike in WW2

Terrorism, is the act of waging war on an unarmed populace because their military is too strong to defeat.

Used by Allies and Nazis alike in WW2.

Terrorism, is the deliberate targeting of civilians or civilian housing. Like tossing a hand grenade into a shopping area.

Used by Allies and Nazis alike in WW2.

If you are without uniform, not a member of a regular military unit, and your targets are unarmed civilians, then you are a terrorist.

Many special forces teams do not wear uniform whilst active... though they do not fit the rest of ther sentece admittedly.

If you are a uniformed member of a regular military organization, then you are a soldier, not a terrorist.

And yet I have shown above that this is a contradictory statement.

If you choose your targets to inflict pain, fear, and panic, in a civilian populace, then you are a terrorist.

Used by Nazis and allies alike in WW2

If you choose your targets because you know that they will be unarmed and unable to fight you, then you are a terrorist.

Used by allies (to an extent), and I would assume Nazis also during WW2

If you choose targets who are unarmed civilians because the military of your enemy is too strong to confront, then you are a terrorist.

You already said this, but once more. Used by Allies and Nazis alike in WW2

For me the distinction is clear.

My additions are in Italic, you say your distcitions are clear. But not only have I shown there is contradicitng statements in your post, I have also turned just about everyone who fought in world war 2 into a terrorist using your rules...

I tried to stick to one war, using tactics by all sides...for ease mostly. But also because you could say the Nazis were terrorists... It's less likely you would admit you also were.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

MSNBC, CNN, BBC, CBC, Fox, are all in gaza. Turn the Television on and you will see live footage, recorded footage, and reporters on the ground. I can easily debunk you by turning my Television on, as anyone else can.

So far I have not seen from you a source to back up your claims.

MSNBC in Gaza?

From MSNBC

www.msnbc.msn.com...

EREZ CROSSING, Israel - Israel maintained its ban on foreign journalists entering the Gaza Strip Friday despite a recent Supreme Court order to allow a limited number of reporters to enter the territory.

The ban has been in place since a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas began to fray on Nov. 5. Israel eased the ban last month but tightened it again after launching its air offensive against Gaza's Hamas rulers a week ago.

That was the case on Friday, when Israel opened the crossing to allow nearly 300 Palestinians with foreign passports to leave Gaza. But authorities defied the court order and kept reporters out.

WHy are you refusing facts? Do you not know how to lose? In stead of keeping facts distorted why don't you come to terms.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
www.alertnet.org...

So all that fancy tech america gives israel and they still blow up a car that was no threat.A man and his three children all dead from an airstrike...

PS there are no news agencies except civilian reporters in gaza working for news agencies,all western journalists are on the border.Israel supreme court said reporters were allowed in but the military said no they weren't.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
And additional:

I would refer you to Monday 5th Jan 2009 Part 1: Gaza Assault Continues at 3:20 from the ITV Channel 4 news...

To quote: "Western Journalists are of course banned by Israeli censors from getting into Gaza"

Linky

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

BBC appears to have got its reporters in...

They had footage from inside Gaza during the ceasefire and said aswell as showing footage footage they had a reporter following IDF inside Gaza.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Israel had a voluntary cease fire to allow humanitarian trucks into Gaza for 3 hours today. 3 hours to try and bring in as much aid, food, water, fuel as they could. Never mind trying to distribute it. They got 3 hours.

This is of course a PR tactic by the Israelies. They allow humanitarian aid into Gaza for a short time to help themselves look like the good guys in this conflict.

Meanwhile the UN is demanding that Israel send it proof about the recent strike at a school. Israel states that Hamas was using the school yard to launch rockets into Israel. Israel countered and attacked the school. Killing children.

With no independent reporters on the ground in Gaza it's a "he said she said" game between Gaza and Israel.

Neither is to be completely believed. Both sides are trying to play to the media and public opinion on this issue.

What is happening here is the last chance at a full on strike before Obama is in office. Israel is worried that Obama may publicly denounce this massive military strike for what it is and they don't want the bad PR.

Part of the terms and conditions that Israel will accept for a cease fire is the destruction of Hamas tunnels going into Egypt. They claim that these tunnels are used for the transport of weapons. What they aren't saying is that these tunnels are also being used to bring in everything else including basic necessities and other items wanted and needed by the Palestinians.

Gaza is spin city right now and the PR war is even more forcibly fought than the actual fighting.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Can you argue that those tunnels you mentioned are not being used to smuggle in rockets to fire at Israel? There not making them out of household appliances and there not going through Israel so id say that narrows it down there coming in through Egypt. Now the Israeli government cant back down while missiles continue to land in Israel since this is why they say they started the offensive.
So in order to leave Gaza they have 2 choices either get them to run out of missiles or kill everyone capable of firing one. lets hope they decided to go with get rid of the supplies.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

No it is true that these tunnels are being used to supply weapons and parts for the rockets. It is true that these tunnels are being used for that as well. Of course that was the point I was trying to make.

If Palestinians were able to get the goods they wanted and they need by conventional means, it wouldn't be necessary for them to create these tunnels in the first place. However they aren't allowed much import due to strict Israeli intervention. They therefore built these tunnels to get the goods they want.

If they were allowed to trade freely, the tunnels themselves would be useless, and the only thing that they would serve would to be the import of weapons and rocket parts. Then there would be a reason that all the tunnels should be closed.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ghoulardi

Yes they called illumination rounds if fired by arty or they could be para flares if fired by hand. They are very bright flares suspended by small parachutes to illuminated the battle field or anything that might be of interest to the attacking force.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

The military wing of Hamas says the resistance fighters have destroyed an Israeli Merkava 4 tank in recent Gaza City fighting.

Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the Hamas military wing, said Wednesday that it had blown up the tank in recent fighting in the eastern Gaza City neighborhood of Zeitun.

According to Al-Aqsa TV, the Hamas resistance fighters have also killed and wounded several Israeli ground troops in different locations of the city.

Israeli ground forces began a ground incursion into the densely-populated strip on Saturday night. They reportedly entered Gaza City on Monday.

Israel has banned media correspondents from entering the strip.

The military wing of Hamas claimed it had taken out an Israeli patrol vehicle in the Zeitun neighborhood, adding that it has also fired four Grad rockets to the Sdrot Negev regional council.

HE/MD

Source

The source is the Iranian Press TV, which has reporters on the ground. Although Iranian Press is not the most objective source I've ever seen, the Israeli censorship makes the world dependent on their news that only later will possibly be verified by the IDF.

I heard last week that Hamas possesses AT-weapons supplied by Iran, which would make it possible that they've destroyed a Merkava.

IDF officer killed by anti-tank missile in central Gaza

An IDF officer was killed and a soldier was lightly wounded in a clash with Hamas gunmen in the central Gaza Strip on Thursday morning, the army announced.

The fatality was identified as Maj. Roi Rosner, 27, from Holon.

The two, from the Haruv Battalion of the Kfir Brigade, were hit when a Hamas operative fired an anti-tank missile at them while they were conducting searches near the Kissufim crossing.

Rosner was the eighth soldier to be killed since Operation Cast Lead was launched two weeks ago and the third to die in direct clashes with Hamas.

JPOST

Sad news.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
Can you argue that those tunnels you mentioned are not being used to smuggle in rockets to fire at Israel? There not making them out of household appliances

Whilst some of the materials coming through the tunnels may be classed as 'pre-cursors' to qassam manufacture, particularly fertiliser to use as the oxidiser component of their solid-fuel propellant, it seems that thay are entirely home-made weapons manufactured in Gaza itself.

Here's a good objective overview of the Qassam rocket and its manufacture:

The growing threat of the Kassam unguided rocket

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Israel argues that excluding the international media from Gaza is helpful because foreign journalists are unethical and biased in their reporting.

Foreign journalists are "unprofessional" and take "questionable reports at face value without checking", said Danny Seaman, who heads Israel's government press office, which vets and issues permits to foreign correspondents.

Seaman said it was not Israel's responsibility to give foreign media access to Gaza. "They should have been there in the first place," before Israel began restricting access on 6 November, said Seaman. "We are not going to endanger the lives of our people just to let journalists in."

Source

But I thought media was allowed into Gaza?

and still denying...

Reporters who are in Gaza are either Gazans working for Iranian Press TV, Al Jazeera and a few Gazan freelancers.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Israel argues that excluding the international media from Gaza is helpful because foreign journalists are unethical and biased in their reporting.

Foreign journalists are "unprofessional" and take "questionable reports at face value without checking", said Danny Seaman, who heads Israel's government press office, which vets and issues permits to foreign correspondents.

Seaman said it was not Israel's responsibility to give foreign media access to Gaza. "They should have been there in the first place," before Israel began restricting access on 6 November, said Seaman. "We are not going to endanger the lives of our people just to let journalists in."

Source

But I thought media was allowed into Gaza?

and still denying...

Reporters who are in Gaza are either Gazans working for Iranian Press TV, Al Jazeera and a few Gazan freelancers.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I read today, that Hamas had killed one Israeli and injured another soldier using an anti-tank missile. I'm presuming they destroyed their armoured vehicle as well. It surprises me that they've held this weapon back so long.

Hamas are definitely following a military plan. They're not such a rag tag army as some would like us to think. I wonder what other surprises they've got in store?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

The international media isn't being allowed into Gaza for the exact opposite reason. They arn't biased. (Except for those that are heavily influenced by the Jewish lobby.) What would happen when journalists got into Gaza is that the world would see how women and children are indescriminately killed by Israli troops.

It would be a PR nightmare for Israel. Already they are under serious scrutiny because of the school bombing, There was absolutely no reason to take out a UN school, Hamas wasn't there.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35   >>

join