Israeli tank column enters Gaza: witness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I was surprised by how many people in the UK this has caught the attention of - even celebs -so much so they are protesting for peace:

www.channel4.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.sundaysun.co.uk...

www.express.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.channel4.com...

Protests were also staged in Paris. Rome and Athens.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Israel cannot win this conflict easily. It will get very bloody for the Israeli Defense Forces when Hamas employs guerilla warfare.

Israel may eventually occupy Gaza, but this will turn in to another Iraq. Hamas has the upper hand in unconventional warfare, and that may end up being the difference in this conflict.

The reason all of this is happening is this is one of the last remaining conflicts that "they" do not control. That's why there is such urgency in either a "peace" deal or a complete takeover, such as this. Both would put the situation directly under the control of the banking and foreign policy elite.

Hamas will not go away or back down from this, so what Israel is trying to prove will ultimately be their down fall. Hamas will receive aid and funding from Syria and Iran, and don't be at all surprised when you see that Hezbollah has fired rockets in to Israel in retaliation.

I believe Israel is going to get what they deserve in this conflict. It won't be a simple in and out operation, but a very bloody and drawn out one that ultimately leads to an Israeli pull out.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Well I hope this will be done. quickly

I'm not choosing sides I think the quicker this is done, the sooner peace can be negotiated.

When Israel finishes crushing Hamas, I hope Hamas gives Israel a real good beating before they go down!

I think heavy casualties on both sides would in the end be good because then hopefully in the future people will think twice about this kind of mindless stupidity.

hey,...

I am not sure what ATS ( a conspiracy website ) is doing gossiping, pseudo-professorial lecturing each other, getting into political views,...

what happened to the conspiracies?

this site has become a CNN/News forum....like, similar to a News paper forum .

Really disappointed (being a republican) I can't get into all these middle east. Obama the Kenyan, Blogoavich stories...

one thing's clear, you guys are good followers; the main stream news outlets create the headline, and you guys suck the juice out of the orange for a few days....and move on when the drive-byes set a new story in motion, I won't say sheep, I will say ignorant.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by ConservativeJack]

Ignorant is SO much better than sheep. Thanks a lot Jack!

The consipracy is the never ending suck of value and riches from the pockets of citizens into the pockets of military-industrial elite through manufactured conflict.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJackhey,...

I am not sure what ATS ( a conspiracy website ) is doing gossiping, pseudo-professorial lecturing each other, getting into political views,...

what happened to the conspiracies?

this site has become a CNN/News forum....like, similar to a News paper forum .

Really disappointed (being a republican) I can't get into all these middle east. Obama the Kenyan, Blogoavich stories...

one thing's clear, you guys are good followers; the main stream news outlets create the headline, and you guys suck the juice out of the orange for a few days....and move on when the drive-byes set a new story in motion, I won't say sheep, I will say ignorant.

Exactly what I've been saying/thinking for the past couple weeks. I've noticed the same trend.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I got a conspiracy angle for you...

Can anyone say Genocide? Ethnic Cleansing? I knew you could.

Israeli soldier "That group of civilians is shielding a supporter of Hamas" ratta tat tat.

Slaughtering 6 innocent civilians to get 1 man that can fire a toy rocket into Israel really seems a bit brutal to me.

Have any of you seen these Hamas Rockets?

Really? I mean the PC slaughter and genocide of an entire population of people just because of some rather crude rockets?

And why exactly are these people firing rockets into Israel? Perhaps the illegal occupation and the oppression these people have had to endure for how long now?

Israel has the fundamental right to exist peaceably with it's neighbors, this is for certain. But no one has the right to mass murder in order to keep that peace.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Supposedly a hamas spokesman just said they have killed some israeli soldiers..dont have sources except watching bbc news 24...

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Solomons]

link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Well I Pray that God blesses and protects the Israeli Soldiers in this dangerous undertaking to rid he world of the Terrorist Group Hamas. I Pray that God protects all the innocents on both sides of this conflict. I Pray that God guides Israeli Bullets to their targets and that Hamas is defeated and the people of palestine and Israel can get down to peace.

I Pray that God gives Jerusalem PEACE!!!

link   

Peres: Israel has no plans to enter Gaza, won't ignite regional war
By Yoav Stern, Haaretz Correspondent, Haaretz Service and News Agencies
Tags: Israel News, Iran

In an interview with the pan-Arab daily newspaper Asharq al-Awsat which was published on Saturday, President Shimon Peres said Israel has no intention of igniting a regional war.

Peres told the London-based publication that Israel would undertake all necessary steps to put a halt to the firing of rockets, though he did qualify those statements by ruling out an Israeli re-entry into Gaza. The president refused to specify which tactics Israel would employ.

Peres also said Israel could not accept the Arab peace initiative without engaging in negotiations with the entire Arab world. The president called on the Arab states to appoint peace envoys who would be directed to handle the negotiations with Jerusalem.

What has changed in all of the sudden that made Israel to enter Gaza while Peres said only one week ago no such plans existed?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
I Pray that God guides Israeli Bullets to their targets

Why does God need to get involved? Israel does a fine job of hitting civilians all on their own.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I think heavy casualties on both sides would in the end be good because then hopefully in the future people will think twice about this kind of mindless stupidity.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

You are assuming that humans actually learn from the past. BAD assumption.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
What has changed in all of the sudden that made Israel to enter Gaza while Peres said only one week ago no such plans existed?

What changed since last week? Are you really asking this because you don't know because you work a lot and didn't see any news all week. Or are you asking this because you won't accept that Hamas has been sending Rockets into cities in Israel for weeks and weeks?

I guess I answered your query didn't I? Hamas refused to stop shelling Israel and refused to work with the palestinian government in the West Bank the PLO. Hamas has to go and so says nearly everyone including the Arab States...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

The United States of America?

I would bet my two cents that's what changed.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just a question:

There isn't anyway that this conflict could have the potential to escalate into a WWIII scenario is there?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Hamas a terrorist organisation? Really? a democratically elected terrorist organisation? Hmmm. I really wonder about that. Some would say that the founding fathers and the people that rebelled against Brittan in the start of the US were a terrorist organisation. I guess it's a matter of perspective. Perhaps the people of the Gaza Strip would call them freedom fighters or perhaps Patriots.

Remember the people of the revolution in the US committed what we would call today terrorist crimes against the crown. But for some reason or another we call them patriots. Why? The reason is that they were fighting for our freedom.

What happens if Hamas is fighting for the freedom of the people of the Gaza Strip? Do their actions constitute terrorism or is it a patriotic revolution to fight an oppressive regime?

All perspective I guess.

link   

I guess I answered your query didn't I? Hamas refused to stop shelling Israel and refused to work with the palestinian government in the West Bank the PLO. Hamas has to go and so says nearly everyone including the Arab States...

So Hamas refused to stop shelling Israel? Perhaps I misunderstand you but that is something that for now has been unchanged since the beginning of the conflict.

link   
reply to post by whatukno

good point. star for you.
unfortunatetly, some people here on ATS just love to see some blood. especially as far as in Palestine.

link   
From everything I have read, it appears Israel actually are the ones that broke the ceasefire, wouldn't this be an illegal act? one side is impoverished and living mostly in refugee camps the other side has state of the art overwhelming military resources and are using them without real discretion or responsibility and killing all manner of individuals not just Hamas, these are humans.

I don't know what to think about this but I cannot have a lot of sympathy for these acts they are committing and possibly not going to achieve any real objective but to make matters much worse in the middle east.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Oh man the lady on CNN live through the internet just wow. She just caused a Palestinian person she was interviewing about the incursion to hang up on her.

She has been quite cynical (is that the correct term in this case?) with her questions but seems to be be that way towards both sides.

The guy was telling her that war is not going to solve anything, if anything make it much worse and says they were calling for a cease fire. She then asks why they were launching rockets and he says for every Israeli killed 100 Palestinian's have been killed. She then tells him every life is important and then proceeds to all but tell him it's their own fault, but not quite that nicely and he hangs up.

I'm surprised she has a job geesh.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Or are you asking this because you won't accept that Hamas has been sending Rockets into cities in Israel for weeks and weeks?

I find it slightly amusing that you fully believe this to be the case, and you most likely do not see the true reasons why Hamas does this, yet you have that image as your avatar.

I'm just sayin'...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The Nazis were democratically elected in Germany. Just because one is democratically elected into power doesn't make them right.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join