It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli tank column enters Gaza: witness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I'll say what i want and keep on post. Questioning why this is happening is a valid input. How about you put in some valid input instead of a few cliched phrases and alot of hot air.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Any links to live feeds on the internet?
I would like to watch some live reports, either some tv station streaming or some camera streams from the region.

[edit on 3/1/2009 by relu84]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just been on UK TV :

Heres a link:

Israel Sends Troops In To Gaza

[edit on 3-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

Mod Edit: Fixed link

[edit on 1/3/09 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yesterday an Israeli reporter already mentioned that Israel was likely to send in ground forces before Monday (when UN will meet where a resolution against Israel will be discussed (and blocked by the US) as well as Sarkozy will travel to Israel).

To me it seems to be a political move (with elections coming up).

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

That wasn't intended at you, sorry if you took offense. I agree it's important to discuss the cause etc. I just don't want to see the whole thread turn into a debate about who's right or wrong, we already have about ten of those with no resolution.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Sir What does that have to do with anything? Whats more important at this moment?
Money or life?

Life always however, If our tax dollars are supporting actions we deam against our morality or ethics, we should be questioning supporting stuff like this as a means to an end

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by Raustin
Just popped up on my TV as breaking news. I hope they clean up the mess over there without killing a bunch of innocent civilians.

Yeah too late for that one eh?

Its amazing, both side fail to learn here. For Hamas its that Israel is not going anywhere, for Israel its that this type of genocide does not work. They have just layed the seeds for the furture terrorists of the next 10 years of conflict

Boy you can say that again. On the bright side well actually I can't see a bright side this potentially could force countries to take a side. If you don't take a side then both factions hate you.

That is unless there was combined effort by every other country to say stop being stupid and everyone refused to get involved however I have a hard time ever seeing something like that happening.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
They appear to have entered into northern parts of Gaza near a refugee camp according to MSNBC.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
let the cavemen fight

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well I hope this will go down quickly

I'm not choosing sides I think the quicker this is done, the sooner peace can be negotiated.

When Israel finishes crushing Hamas, I hope Hamas gives Israel a real good beating before they go down!

I think heavy casualties on both sides would in the end be good because then hopefully in the future people will think twice about this kind of mindless stupidity.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The IDF said that a large amount of Armored Corps, Engineering Corps and Infantry troops entered the territory with the purpose of destroying Hamas infrastructure and preventing rocket fire by taking control of launching pads in northern Gaza. The IDF warned that terrorists using civilians as human shields would bear full responsibility for their fate. The cabinet also approved the call-up of thousands of reservists, mostly from combat units, but also from the Home Front Command.

Link

Any ideas how many troops will have to be used?

CNN reporter said the movement will be limited at first, won't be going into Gaza City initially.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Raustin]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by relu84

goto...
livenewscameras.com

then click the red "WORLD" button. You'll find many stations.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yeah of course the White House is silent.

Bush knew what was up rememeber his weekend radio address? I think he pretty much wrote off on it.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin
[Just popped up on my TV as breaking news. I hope they clean up the mess over there without killing a bunch of innocent civilians.]

HA HA HA HA!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yeah of course the White House is silent.

Not really...

US gives Israel free rein on whether to invade Gaza

10 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) — US President George W. Bush, in remarks to be broadcast Saturday, urged all able parties to press Hamas to stop firing rockets at Israel and secure a lasting ceasefire, after a week of heavy Israeli air strikes on the Gaza Strip.

His administration meanwhile gave Israel free rein over whether to send ground troops into Gaza, despite growing criticism over its handling of a conflict that has killed at least 436 Palestinians and left 2,290 others wounded.

At least 75 of those killed have been children, according to emergency services inside Gaza.

"The United States is leading diplomatic efforts to achieve a meaningful ceasefire that is fully respected," Bush said in his weekly radio address, the text of which was released by the White House in advance.

These were his first remarks since the conflict erupted a week ago.

Source

Edit: on CNN.com a live stream can be watched.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well I hope this will go down quickly

I think heavy casualties on both sides would in the end be good because then hopefully in the future people will think twice about this kind of mindless stupidity.

That is human lives your talking about there, when is mass killing ever a good thing? and when has mass killing ever made man learn from his mistakes.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well I hope this will be done. quickly

I'm not choosing sides I think the quicker this is done, the sooner peace can be negotiated.

When Israel finishes crushing Hamas, I hope Hamas gives Israel a real good beating before they go down!

hey,...

I am not sure what ATS ( a conspiracy website ) is doing gossiping, pseudo-professorial lecturing each other, getting into political views,...

what happened to the conspiracies?

this site has become a CNN/News forum....like, similar to a News paper forum .

Really disappointed (being a republican) I can't get into all these middle east. Obama the Kenyan, Blogoavich stories...

one thing's clear, you guys are good followers; the main stream news outlets create the headline, and you guys suck the juice out of the orange for a few days....and move on when the drive-byes set a new story in motion, I won't say sheep, I will say ignorant.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by ConservativeJack]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I just heard the Israeli defense person, I feel dumb but I think here name is something like Livdi but I know you know who I mean, say that this is going to be long and a fully planned attack with air, sea, and infantry forces. She made no bones about the fact this may be quite long, but would not commit...of course

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This could be Israel's Fallujah.

I hope the Israelis take into account lessons learned in the first and second battles for Fallujah by Coalition forces in Iraq.

The worst thing so far is the lack of any mass evacuation like there was with Fallujah. This means civillian casualties are going to be very high.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join