It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Key West...New Years Eve Missile Launch ??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
In my opinion, this is a twin engined jet plane flying towards the camera. While it's impossible to discern its shape, it gets visually larger as the event progresses. Several other features of the images suggest a plane. The first feature is the obvious twin trails. These are seen quite clearly at several points in the video. Twin vapour trails often appear to spiral due to the turbulence/wake generated by the plane itself. The second feature is the physical nature of the trail. This one is essentially water vapour - there is no 'smoke'. The exhaust gases of jet engines produce water vapour and carbon dioxide in the main and no significant smoke. Rocket engines of the type used in missiles create water, CO2 and smoke, lots of smoke from the solid propellant. Only liquid hydrogen/oxygen rockets (e.g. the shuttle) create a smokeless exhaust. Of course the shuttle also has two solid rockets, which create vast amounts of smoke before they are jettisoned.

This trail is obviously water vapour as evidenced by the clear space between the plane and the start of the contrail as it cools and precipitates water droplets (steam). Rockets do not show a long clear space between the exhaust nozzle and the exhaust plume. The other feature which confims this is the banding of the contrail in areas of high and low humidity. Note how the trail seems to match the layering of the clouds. The clouds are areas of high humidity, the gaps are 'drier' and the trail disappears. These are not rocket 'stages' firing up, just condensation bands. The banding also indicates that the object remains about the same altitude as the cloud layer. If this were actually a rocket propelled missile, the altitude would be much greater in less than a minute.

The final feature is the burn length. This video is well over seven minutes long. The image suggests the event actually covered a much longer period both before and after the camera was in operation. Throughout that time, the engines are running at cruising thrust. This indicates a large fuel capacity such as is carried by typical jet liners (consider what the shuttle carries and how long it burns). The lower more distant part of the trail looks like a rocket launch due to visual foreshortening. The trail probebly extends a hundred miles away and is very dispersed. The lighting from the low sun is making this look very prominant, but it's an illusion.

Definitely an aeroplane, but spectacular to watch in these conditions.

WG3

[edit on 5-1-2009 by waveguide3]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

In my opinion, this is a twin engined jet plane flying towards the camera.

So, you are basically saying we have the technology to allow us to posses a "Twin Engine Jet plane" that flies out of the ocean/water and gain ascention?

"Show me your proof!!!"

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I gave you my considered opinion based on what I see and what I know of the science. I suggest you read the full post rather than jumping down my throat. Please feel free to dispute any of the science I offer with an equally well argued alternative.

WG3

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewy_Solo

"Welcome to the ATS Members Forum Chewy_Solo!!"

There are few times when a "Actual" witness comes forward for such discussions for disclosure of topics of this nature, so , "Thanks!" for that effort of first hand disclosure.

I understand when an event takes place, and the person of the event finds it unusual from accepted nature, they run and get the video-camera, camera, etc. which takes time. Now, as the witness,
"How long did you witness the event?"
"Did you see as it was happening from the time it broke the surface of the water, or did you capture the time you sighted this event immediately after you seen it?"
"You said you had heard "NO" sound what so ever in your earlier post, Have you ever seen anything like this before in this region of the Keys?"
"Was it travelling away from you, or, as you had said on the video, heading towards the SW from where you were?"
"After it was airborne, did it make "Any" noise at all, Rumbling like thunder or the like, and how far off would you say that the point of ascension had taken place?"

I am glad you came forward, and "Kudos" to easynow for the extra added efforts of actually being able to contact the videographer of this event, it takes some real inquisitive minds to produce actual members for their input of such events.

"Starred and Flagged for easynow!!!"

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923

"Was it travelling away from you, or, as you had said on the video, heading towards the SW from where you were?"

The sun is setting in the WSW in Key West at this time of year. I think the people in the video have their directions a bit confused.

Again, notice the shadow of the contrail being cast on the cloud deck all the way to the horizon.

[edit on 1/5/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
In my opinion, this is a twin engined jet plane flying towards the camera. While it's impossible to discern its shape, it gets visually larger as the event progresses. Several other features of the images suggest a plane. The first feature is the obvious twin trails. These are seen quite clearly at several points in the video. Twin vapour trails often appear to spiral due to the turbulence/wake generated by the plane itself. The second feature is the physical nature of the trail. This one is essentially water vapour - there is no 'smoke'. The exhaust gases of jet engines produce water vapour and carbon dioxide in the main and no significant smoke. Rocket engines of the type used in missiles create water, CO2 and smoke, lots of smoke from the solid propellant. Only liquid hydrogen/oxygen rockets (e.g. the shuttle) create a smokeless exhaust. Of course the shuttle also has two solid rockets, which create vast amounts of smoke before they are jettisoned.

We do not have any technology to allow us to go from H2O to atmosphere other than a Ocean launched Missile, so I guess it could not be what "You" think it is.
For the most part of your theory is very unlikely and phage had made this same deduction of it being an "Airplane" earlier before you had posted your opinion of the same nature of theory.

This trail is obviously water vapour as evidenced by the clear space between the plane and the start of the contrail as it cools and precipitates water droplets (steam). Rockets do not show a long clear space between the exhaust nozzle and the exhaust plume. The other feature which confims this is the banding of the contrail in areas of high and low humidity. Note how the trail seems to match the layering of the clouds. The clouds are areas of high humidity, the gaps are 'drier' and the trail disappears. These are not rocket 'stages' firing up, just condensation bands. The banding also indicates that the object remains about the same altitude as the cloud layer. If this were actually a rocket propelled missile, the altitude would be much greater in less than a minute.

I know how contrails are produced, I understand the verifications you have put forth, but as a visually applicable acceptance to this being an "Aircraft" of conventional nature, "I don't see that at all."

There is "NO" way a contrail at a horizonal base would be so prominent over the over all length of this evidence. And your explanation of it "Matching the layers of the clouds" that is a bit of "Different" take of perception than what I see on the video.

The final feature is the burn length. This video is well over seven minutes long. The image suggests the event actually covered a much longer period both before and after the camera was in operation. Throughout that time, the engines are running at cruising thrust. This indicates a large fuel capacity such as is carried by typical jet liners (consider what the shuttle carries and how long it burns). The lower more distant part of the trail looks like a rocket launch due to visual foreshortening. The trail probebly extends a hundred miles away and is very dispersed. The lighting from the low sun is making this look very prominant, but it's an illusion.

I have never personally watched a "Missile Launch" or been witness to a "Rocket Launch" as well, but I have watched aircraft all of my life. It does not seem to follow traditional Contrail, flight path, ascension, etc. of any aircraft that I have witnessed thus far in my 40+ years of life. it does however follow a "Probable" Ocean Launched Missile though, and you are probably right with your assumption of this object being 100+ Miles away during the event, but you can clearly see that the ascension and the trajectory is going away to the up and right of the video, even the videographer on the vid was talking to his father as too which way it was heading, first it was towards Cuba, then the correction from the son was towards Mexico,South America in direction.
The Sun just made it more visible as the flight path altered for a better view, but not what I would call an "Excellent" view.

Definitely an aeroplane, but spectacular to watch in these conditions.
WG3

Well, I beg to differ, I don't seen an "aeroplane" as you suggest, but I do see an object that was somehow either launched or propelled out of the Ocean with very slow and irregular ascension bearings, the visuals of the video are very good, and the assumption of what it is still remains, but I am 99.9% certain that it is not and airplane.

For the most part, "I am not jumping down anyone's throat." I absolutely and adamantly do not see your theory of explanation.
Also, "Whats with all the 'Edits' for your post?"

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I understand Phage, and do get what you are trying to get across to me me, but , beings the video wasn't shot from the onslaught of this event, I only see where the contrail begins, which is lower than the clouds and in front of them as it ascends in it's trajectory.
"I will go back and watch the video a few more times with more "Pauses" to allow your theory sink in, I know you are a very credible person of opinion of the ATS forums, but I guess I don't see it the way you do this particular time."

"Off to the 7min. movies I go!!!!"
(For a FEW times, I promise!!)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Rather than the video, look at the full sized photo. You can see the horizon. You can see that the contrail comes from beyond the horizon.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I went back and seen what you were speaking of, but what you call the "Horizon" is nothing more than a clump of trees and brush, which clearly shows it had made it's appearance beyond the "Tree Island" and ascended through a cloud bank and then into another, which can be seen from frames 25secs thru 35sec of the video, also, at about 3mins and 30 secs you start a visual capability of the object after an alteration of the flight path.

I have tried my darnedest to accept yours and Waves analogies of this events explanation, but I just don't see it as you two do, "Missile Launch?" "Yes", "Airplane Contrail?" "NO".

Apparently the guy who had originally shot the footage is now registered here at the forums and has come forth, let us get more information from this individual and do the assessment then, but for now, i will have to agree to disagree over the current analogies of this event..

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
[You can see that the contrail comes from beyond the horizon.

Exactly. There is no evidence whatsoever that this object was 'launched' from the sea. It comes from beyond the horizon.

WG3

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There have been activities and alleged contracts signed for the platforms for "Missile Launch" capabilities being built for the US Gov. and with the locations of the manufactures, it would be widely accepted that they would test such new devices as the arsenal's of the US Military community, that being said, we must remember that the video and the voices of that video stated that there was some kind of "Platform Construction" in their vicinity, And this is what I have found to further support my point of view over this topic:

Lockheed Martin Corp., Missiles and Fire Control – Dallas, Grand Prairie, Texas, was awarded on Dec 29, 2008 a $371,641,040 firm/fixed/price contract for Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System Full Rate Production IV – initial contract award; 3780 unitary and 4782 RRPRs GMLRS rockets. Work is to be performed in Grand Prairie, Texas; East Camden, Ark.; and Orlando, Fla., with an estimated completion date of Dec. 22, 2009. One bid was solicited and one bid received. U.S. Army Aviation & Missile Command, Redstone Arsenal is the contracting activity (W31P4Q-08-C-0001).

Lockheed Martin Corp., Missiles and Fire Control – Dallas, Grand Prairie, Texas, was awarded on Dec. 29, 2008 a $52,483,900 firm/fixed/price contract for Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System Full Rate Production III – option exercise; UAE DPICM 43 rocket pods. Work is to be performed in Grand Prairie, Texas; East Camden, Ark.; and Orlando, Fla., with an estimated completion date of Oct 31, 2011. One bid was solicited and one bid received. U.S. Army Aviation & Missile Command, Redstone Arsenal is the contracting activity (W31P4Q-08-C-0021).

This is the estimate quote from the DoD's registry of implicated new technologies and border defence systems, seems to me, as I had said before, that the would test these "Platforms" for structural integrity and feasibility's of "Counter Missile Attacks" against the USA. IMHO..

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 123131p://5574 by Allred5923]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

I went back and seen what you were speaking of, but what you call the "Horizon" is nothing more than a clump of trees and brush

Please look at the photo that was the subject of the OP

There are several breaks in the contrail, including one right above the horizon. There is a single, broken layer of cirrus clouds. There is a shadow being cast on the cloud deck by the contrail. At no time does the contrail penetrate the cloud deck.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I understand Phage of your explanation, and I have seen your earlier picture post already, but at the time of the plume being seen on the horizon it matches very well with something that was "Propelled" out of the water:

This a cut and zoomed version with inverted colors of your photo:

Can you see the similarities of the water/vapor plumes in retrospect of each other?
I sure can.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have looked at both the photo and the YouTube video several times, and I am beginning to think that this may be in fact a plane.

I took a screen shot at 0:45, and twin contrails are visible here, even though the quality of the screen shot is far from good.

Edit to add YouTube link:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5/1/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I also saw and photographed the object from Mallery Square in Key West. While I'm no expert, I also thought that it was a missile/rocket launch. It appeared on the horizen just south of the setting sun and flew to the north of Key West (not the most direct route to Cuba). I know of no main land launch facility in that direction. I believe that a launch from Mexico or Texas would have achieved much greater altitiude before passing the Keys. I would love to know what it was.

It did not appeared to be a plane. I also believe that a comtraim would not be visable to the horizon line, especially that thick. It is not possible for a plane to eclipse the horizon and travel overhead that fast. What ever the object was it was travelling at great speed.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I have had my curiosity piqued by the image and video that you were so fortunate to capture.
I have researched and there were no satellites launched in that area of the planet.

It definitely is a missile and not an airplane, or a chemtrail.

I suspect it is a military exercise that is classified.
I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is in the Air force and she told me that if it were a missile fired by us or anyone else her base would have been put on full alert.

She said it could have been an individual who modified their own rocket, but I said that if it were the case the local news stations would have picked up on it.

I don't know what or who is responsible but I am keeping m ears to the wall.

Blessings
2bornot2b

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
What ever the object was it was travelling at great speed.

Not according to the commentary in the video. The guy clearly states the speed appears too slow to be a missile.

WG3

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
I have looked at both the photo and the YouTube video several times, and I am beginning to think that this may be in fact a plane.

I took a screen shot at 0:45, and twin contrails are visible here, even though the quality of the screen shot is far from good.

Planes produce steam, missiles produce smoke. That's enough to identify this object.

WG3

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Planes produce steam, missiles produce smoke. That's enough to identify this object.
WG3

The booster motor propellant has a high aluminum (17.5%) content with a flame temperature of 5800 F and a maximum chamber pressure of 2000 psia.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

How you came up with that deduction is beyond me, but with that much of temperature generated after initial launch from a "Pressurized" sending cylinder, it is "Impossible" to not create "Steam" as you have suggested.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Chewy_Solo

"Welcome to the ATS Members Forum Chewy_Solo!!"

There are few times when a "Actual" witness comes forward for such discussions for disclosure of topics of this nature, so , "Thanks!" for that effort of first hand disclosure.

I understand when an event takes place, and the person of the event finds it unusual from accepted nature, they run and get the video-camera, camera, etc. which takes time. Now, as the witness,
"How long did you witness the event?"
"Did you see as it was happening from the time it broke the surface of the water, or did you capture the time you sighted this event immediately after you seen it?"
"You said you had heard "NO" sound what so ever in your earlier post, Have you ever seen anything like this before in this region of the Keys?"
"After it was airborne, did it make "Any" noise at all, Rumbling like thunder or the like, and how far off would you say that the point of ascension had taken place?"

I am glad you came forward, and "Kudos" to easynow for the extra added efforts of actually being able to contact the videographer of this event, it takes some real inquisitive minds to produce actual members for their input of such events.

"Starred and Flagged for easynow!!!"

I basically started filming immediately after we first saw it. I would estimate it to be around 6:40 PM.
I do not live in the keys, that was the first time i was in the keys, to visit my dad. Only for a week. (as you can see im from Minnesota) And i never did hear any sound.
I thought it was traveling vertical. I wasn't sure.

And actually i found this site on my own, after someone mentioned in comments that they got this video from Coast to Coast AM, so i ended up searching for the event and found this thread.

As for me myself, i may stick around these forums as i personally believe in UFO's and i suppose "Aliens" in that sense. I love watching UFO hunters and former UFO files on the history channel. I have always wanted to see a UFO myself. (in the "extraterrestrial" sense)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join