It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Key West...New Years Eve Missile Launch ??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Coast To Coast has a story on their site about a UFO/Missile ? seen and photographed near Key West Florida on New Years Eve.

i did some checkin around to see if there were any launches scheduled for that night and can't find any listed. there are other launch facilities in Florida but i am not aware of any in or near Key West.

most likely this not an Alien spacecraft but i still would like to know what it is and so far it is a unidentified flying object.

any ideas ? are we shooting things at Cuba ?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

could be a missle test made by a naval ship?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

hmm.. certainly possible ,

i would think testing a rocket near South Florida would certainly get noticed by the Russians since one of their ships is in Cuba.

news.bbc.co.uk...

maybe a little muscle flexing going on here ?

[edit on 3-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
woah...makes you wonder.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Did a search for this event taking place, ran across this youtube vid. It is quite interesting, and lasts for some time, the thing that gets me is how the stages of this so called missile seem to fire so many times, and towards the end of the footage, the object is obscure, but doesn't resemble a missile to me, "My own opinion" of course.

Maybe someone can freeze frame it at the point of object visual and get some magnification of the object in still?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Excellent find ! thank you

that is amazing footage and i have never seen anything like that before.

i agree the different firing of the stages is very strange and the object is strange looking also. didn't the guy in the video say it was heading towards Mexico ?

also that was a good camera he was using.

thanks again Allred5923 , star for you

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

Excellent find ! thank you

that is amazing footage and i have never seen anything like that before.

"You are welcome!!" I kind of figured you would like the footage.

i agree the different firing of the stages is very strange and the object is strange looking also.

That really caught my eye, I don't think that even an ICBM takes interval stages that fast, especially with that many in a short period of time, kind of weird.

didn't the guy in the video say it was heading towards Mexico ?

"Yes" he did say that, but the first point of conversation was possibly heading towards Cuba, but was corrected by the young boy to his father as a trajectory towards Mexico, which in itself makes "No Sense" either.

also that was a good camera he was using.

They were apparently on a boat while filming this video, you can hear the boy make the comment to his father of how it was difficult when they were on a boat towards the end.

thanks again Allred5923 , star for you

"You are to , too kind easynow!!!"

Still would like to see a "Freeze frame shot of the object though, it was not your accepted normal shape for a missile. It seemed more oval-ed or cylindrical in shape.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

It seemed more oval-ed or cylindrical in shape

yes it does appear to be oval shaped and i tried zooming in on the object and this screen grab is from when the object is the biggest in the video.

colors inverted

this crop is is taken a little further into the video

i tried different filters and such but it didn't help any.

from what i can tell the object during the entire time of the video never reveals any other shape other than the oval shape.

do they make oval shaped missiles ?
this is strange and i have no clue to what this is.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

embedded your excellent find !

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It looks more like a contrail being lit by the sunset than a missile launch. The plane is not moving up, it is moving toward the camera.

Looking at the full sized photo, note that there is a shadow being cast by the trail onto the cirrus clouds, indicating that the trail is staying below the clouds, not climbing through them. This shadow is visible from nearly the horizon. The thinning, breakup, and eventual disappearance of the contrail as can be seen in the video could indicate a descent by the plane or a reduction in moisture content at the same altitude (as indicated by the end of the cloud deck). It is also apparent in the video (at :50) that two separate trails are being produced.

[edit on 1/3/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

"Great job on the Stills easynow!!"

I do not see a "Traditional" shaped missile in those stills though. My brother in law has seen many missile launches and he has seen this video, but says with the close ups, "It is a very strange shape for a missile as well."

It is so far off in the distance, and even when I carry it to my "Paint" area, I can not discern absolute shape or colors. "Bummer!!!"

In the video , the young boy mentions something to his father about a "Docking/Launching" platform out in the middle of the ocean, maybe it is some kind of new fangled experimental device, secret surveillance or the like, "I truly don't know."

What we need is to have Zorgon or JPM come in this thread and take a peek, alyosha might be a good one for an analogy as well.

Here are some photos of missile launches, and with their distance travelled, they don't seem to be as broken up in the contrail area of the flight path.

You know, I was looking through the archives of "Rocket Launches" through google video search, and was watching a launch done from cape Canaveral of a "Delta 2" rocket, that incidentally was carrying a "GPS" satellite to be deployed for the military, with all the hub-bub in Israel and palistien, very well could of been some secretive aid for Israel from the US defense department, and it would of been deployed for proper use with in the time line of the invasion of of the Gaza strip????

Just a suggestion, once again, but does fit the reason of a launch from that particular area....

"Any thoughts on that as a possibility easynow?

www.youtube.com...://video.google.com/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4SKPB_enUS245US245&q=rocket+laun chesiurl=http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/7cFQf1VHtsE/hqdefault.jpg&feature=player_embedded

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It looks more like a contrail being lit by the sunset than a missile launch. The plane is not moving up, it is moving toward the camera.

when i first saw the video that possibility did cross my mind and i would go with that explanation if the supposed contrail was a steady arc. but it is not a steady arc in my opinion and the object appears to change direction.

also there is no indication at all that the object is shaped like a plane.

not entirely ruling out the possibility of it being a jet coming towards the camera but there is just as much chance that this is a missile launch coming towards the camera. the object appears to be round shaped and planes as far as i know are not oval ?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

In the video , the young boy mentions something to his father about a "Docking/Launching" platform out in the middle of the ocean, maybe it is some kind of new fangled experimental device, secret surveillance or the like, "I truly don't know."

What we need is to have Zorgon or JPM come in this thread and take a peek, alyosha might be a good one for an analogy as well.

yea now that you mention the platform i seem to remember hearing something about that but it's been a long time ago. i will try to find out more on that.

i would welcome any comments from the people you mentioned

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

when i first saw the video that possibility did cross my mind and i would go with that explanation if the supposed contrail was a steady arc. but it is not a steady arc in my opinion and the object appears to change direction.

also there is no indication at all that the object is shaped like a plane.

I see a straight flight path with a turn. Planes do that pretty often especially when they may be preparing for a descent to land (Miami perhaps). The object is coming from the WSW, a left turn would be a turn in that direction.

There is no indication that the bunch of pixels is shaped like anything but a bunch of pixels. It could be a plane, it could be a shuttle, it could be a winged horse.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow - my head is in the sand this week.

So happy all of the holiday stuff is behind us. I dont have much to add except I just got back home (the Keys) from Tampa and I never knew of any of this.

It makes me angry with myself that I can get so caught up with 'my' stuff I dont even know they are shooting mother trucking missiles off - LITERALLY IN MY OWN BACK YARD!!!

Being a photographer down here in Marathon - I did want to add an image of what the average sunset is like here in the Keys though. Most will associate all of that color to be from the projectile when none of it is.

Every sunset down here is MOST dramatic. All of the color you see in the video is nothing more of less than you see on any average day. It has nothing to do with the launch.

Here is the image - I am going to kick my own butt in shame of my ignorance surrounding this - out of town or not.

All of my work - this image included - is totally unedited and straight from the camera. These are Natures honest - true colors. No need for photoshop here!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I am not Zorgon, but regarding a launching platform out in the ocean, there is a company called "Sea Launch" which is the world's only ocean-based space launch company at the moment:

Sea Launch is a spacecraft launch service that uses a mobile sea platform for equatorial launches of commercial payloads on specialized Zenit 3SL rockets. As of September 2008 it had assembled and launched 29 rockets, with two failures and one partial failure.
The sea-based launch system means the rockets can be fired from the optimum position on Earth's surface, considerably increasing payload capacity and reducing launch costs compared to land-based systems.

The Sea Launch consortium of four companies from the United States, Russia, Ukraine and Norway, was established in 1995 and their first rocket was launched in March 1999. It is managed by Boeing with participation from the other shareholders. [1] [2]

All commercial payloads have been communications satellites intended for geostationary transfer orbit with such customers as EchoStar, DirecTV, XM Satellite Radio, and PanAmSat.

The launcher and its payload are assembled on a purpose-built ship Sea Launch Commander in Long Beach, California. It is then positioned on top of the self-propelled platform Ocean Odyssey and moved to the equatorial Pacific Ocean for launch, with the Sea Launch Commander serving as command center.

Sea Launch Commander is the command ship for Sea Launch. It was built by Kvaerner Govan Ltd, at Govan shipyard, in Glasgow, Scotland. Its home port is Long Beach, California.

en.wikipedia.org...

The homepage of the company "Sea Launch":
www.boeing.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
OK, I'm finding it hard to wade through all the stuff about embedding images. I basically loaded a freeze frame of the image into Photoshop, cropped it until it was a reasonable size, and then applied a "posterize" filter at level 10.

That came up with some interesting anomalies. Particularly highlighting artifacts of some origin above the object and what could possibly be air disturbance?

Not sure. Sorry, would post the image I have but I don't post here that often. Seems a bit of a 'mare to embed images, though understandably.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
reply to post by easynow

I am not Zorgon, but regarding a launching platform out in the ocean, there is a company called "Sea Launch" which is the world's only ocean-based space launch company at the moment:

Sea Launch is a spacecraft launch service that uses a mobile sea platform for equatorial launches of commercial payloads on specialized Zenit 3SL rockets. As of September 2008 it had assembled and launched 29 rockets, with two failures and one partial failure.
The sea-based launch system means the rockets can be fired from the optimum position on Earth's surface, considerably increasing payload capacity and reducing launch costs compared to land-based systems.

The Sea Launch consortium of four companies from the United States, Russia, Ukraine and Norway, was established in 1995 and their first rocket was launched in March 1999. It is managed by Boeing with participation from the other shareholders. [1] [2]

All commercial payloads have been communications satellites intended for geostationary transfer orbit with such customers as EchoStar, DirecTV, XM Satellite Radio, and PanAmSat.

The launcher and its payload are assembled on a purpose-built ship Sea Launch Commander in Long Beach, California. It is then positioned on top of the self-propelled platform Ocean Odyssey and moved to the equatorial Pacific Ocean for launch, with the Sea Launch Commander serving as command center.

Sea Launch Commander is the command ship for Sea Launch. It was built by Kvaerner Govan Ltd, at Govan shipyard, in Glasgow, Scotland. Its home port is Long Beach, California.

en.wikipedia.org...

The homepage of the company "Sea Launch":
www.boeing.com...

Starred! You beat me to the punch as I was coming to post my images of this

Im stuck with such a fool - he totally writes this stuff off and if I even mention it - Im a wacko. Hope to leave him before any real jizz goes down.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I see a straight flight path with a turn. Planes do that pretty often especially when they may be preparing for a descent to land (Miami perhaps). The object is coming from the WSW, a left turn would be a turn in that direction.

There is no indication that the bunch of pixels is shaped like anything but a bunch of pixels. It could be a plane, it could be a shuttle, it could be a winged horse.

Miami ? no i doubt that very much. it would not make sense for a plane to be that far south of Miami and make a left turn for an approach to that airport.

there is an Air Reserve Base in Homestead but even then object in question is still very far south of that.

the turn that the object makes could indicate it was a plane but it could also indicate a Missile adjusting it's flight path after a launch. i am no expert on missiles so i would like to hear from someone that does know how these things act after a launch.

it could be a winged horse

i didn't know a flying horse could leave a contrail like that...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Little One

Don't leave him because he thinks you are a wacko. My better half thinks I'm a lunatic, and I think my better half is a complete nut.

I love it. Never a dull day! And we have had MANY days together!

[edit on 3/1/09 by ziggystar60]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join