It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro Hamas Protest - Fort Lauderdale, Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Here is the link - www.youtube.com...

This is a couple of days old, but I don't remember seeing this info in the MSM. Interesting 9 minute video. Worth watching - no matter what side of the Israel/Palestinian issue you are on.

One protester said this - "Once people understand the beauty of Islam they will have no choice but to accept it. It's part of their nature." He said that as a woman in the group was shouting 'nuke Israel, nuke Israel'.

Yes .. beautiful.

Anyways - this wasn't oveseas, this was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

They were utilizing their freedom of speech that is enjoyed here in the USA but that isn't enjoyed nearly as much in Islamic countries. 'Apostasy' or homosexuality will get you stoned to death in some of those countries.

[edit on 1/3/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Interesting video FlyersFan, but what is the ultimate point you are attempting to make? It's obvious you're against Hamas, that's pretty evident. What do you want us to feel about this situation? I feel both sides are to blame, and the facts tell this.

If you are trying to persuade me to believe Hamas should somehow receive "more" of the blame...well, I don't think that way.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by douglas2k4]

[edit on 3-1-2009 by douglas2k4]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by douglas2k4
what is the ultimate point you are attempting to make?
What do you want us to feel about this situation?

The point - this was happening in the USA and it wasn't covered by the MSM. I have no idea why. It's definately worthy of telling.

Another point - it is good for everyone to know what is happening and how people feel - without the biased filters of the MSM. This is raw footage.

How do I 'want you to feel'?? That's an odd question.
You feel how you feel. Your feelings are your own.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Star and flag. I decided not to add fuel to the fire so I'm editing some of my remarks.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Raustin]

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Raustin]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I had no idea Muslim women had such filthy mouths. There is something ironic about a "call to prayer" amidst shouts of "Go back to the ovens!".

Other than that the typical rabble rousing and mugging for the cameras.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Why doesn't this video show what was being said from the Israel supporters side? I think that it is made in such a way as to show only one side without showing what was being said to them in return. From this video we cannot determine which side was worse since we only see one of them. We could be just seeing the reactions to what was being said to them.

I would be interested in seeing an uncut version of the video if you have one.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This was covered on MSM, I first saw it on CNN and then later that day on all my local news channels here in South Florida. Is it surprising that there are Palestinians Americans in Florida? Or is it more surprising that they are protesting what they feel is an injustice?

I agree that both sides are wrong and have equal burdens of blame to share, but let's see what the response to the South Florida protests were....

Islamic School Is Riddled With Bullets In SW Dade

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gnothiseauton

Because this video is being made for the shock value and most people will not be able to get beyond "HAMAS"

This and the group is no different IMHO than the followers of Meir Kahane here in the US.

Its funny how the extremist on both sides basically drive all of this.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ok, so it was covered on the MSM then. When I as referring to "what do you want us to think" FlyersFan, I was asking what were attempting to have us believe from your post. Obviously I knew you were biased on the issue, it's blatantly apparent from this particular post, and your many other ones.

Now I can see that you were just presenting a one-sided argument, when in reality you should have presented both sides. worldwatcher, thanks for the information, you did what FlyersFan should had done in the beginning.

Remember folks, both sides to an argument is a GOOD thing. If there isn't two sides presented, it called "propaganda".

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Some different coverage of the protest

Demonstrators in Fort Lauderdale clash over Gaza Strip crisis
Demonstrators on both sides of the crisis in the Middle East faced off in Fort Lauderdale, but there was no violence and no one was arrested.

Quite a different spin from what is being shown on the above video.

There is also video of the Pro Israeli side of the protest, somewhere online, I'm trying to track it down... btw there is another protest..Pro Israel scheduled for tomorrow in Fort Lauderdale.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
First of all, why did that guy called the video "Pro Hamas protest"?

As far as I could see there was nothing pro-Hamas (and I suppose there could not be, isn't Hamas considered a terrorist group?).

Also, the final comments implying that it was the Iman's fault for the aggressiveness of the protesters and talking about "a lot of work to do in 2009" makes me think he has something more in his mind.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thank you for the link. This definitely looks like it was a "give and take" of insults. Not as one-sided as the OP. It is always good to get a complete picture before judging that's why the first video looked suspect to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by douglas2k4
Ok, so it was covered on the MSM then.

I absoultely did not see it covered in the MSM.
One ATSer here did. That's fine. But I absoultely did not.

I knew you were biased on the issue,

So what? I see the evidence and draw my own conclusions.
There is nothing wrong with coming to a conclusion.

you should have presented both sides.

Uh .. no.
I showed what was going on inside of one of the protests. I am under NO OBLIGATION to attempt to tell any other
story then the one shown.

"propaganda".

No sweetie ... this video shows truth. It shows exactly what is going on with the protesters. Truth isn't 'propaganda'. It's truth.

Originally posted by FredT
Because this video is being made for the shock value ...

or rather to educate people about what is going on in their own country.
Truth is truth.

[edit on 1/3/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
One member said it was covered locally, and on CNN. Hardly wide coverage. And was it proven that the bullets in the mosque were linked to the protest?

Regardless, I think that the comments about the nukes and the ovens say a lot about who wants peace.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

That is the problem, as you can see on the link provided by worldwatcher, the "war of signs" was from both sides.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It's OK FlyersFan, I know you have an "agenda" to get across. And yes, it should matter if your biased SIMPLY FOR THE FACT YOU ARE ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

The problem is that you don't seem to want to acknowledge the other side of the issue at all, worldwatcher had to do the work for you. You come in here with prejudgements and provide "shock news"--news intentionally utilized for sensationalist purposes-- which, by the way, does nothing to remedy the problem but reinforces the already established philosophy you hold as well as some others.

I'm done for now.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by douglas2k4]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Florida, and Michigan both have large Middle Eastern populations, in part because of the high tech and medical jobs. This video was not shown in North Florida, thanks for posting, our media outlets up here generally won't publicize protests. I used to work for a newspaper that was owned by a bunch of self-hating ex-Jews who were percieved as pro-Palestinian and you wouldn't believe the negative feedback we got, from both sides!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
An update on the MSM: it's been reported all day on Fox News, as well as similar protests in the Seattle area.

And, btw, they specifically stated that both sides were protesting.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
notice the woman saying that they need a oven? well if they are so unhappy here GO HOME!!! I was married to a muslim once and they are not PEACEFUL! hell is hot and isnt full and will grow grow grow! watch out when you mess with Isreal you mess with Gods chosen people!

new topics

top topics

join