It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests against Gaza attack sweep across the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Protests against Gaza attack sweep across the world

www.timesonline.co.uk

From Jakarta to London, a wave of protest erupted across the world today against Israel’s assault on Gaza.
More than 10,000 marched through the Indonesian capital and Israeli flags were burnt and trampled upon in Asia as the Palestinian death toll in the offensive rose above 430, including three young brothers killed this morning.
Thirty new Israeli raids struck the Gaza Strip today as thousands of Hamas supporters attended the funeral of Nizar Rayan, the most senior Hamas victim of the offensive. He was killed with his four wives and 11 of his children in another Israeli raid yesterday.
Hamas leaders responded by calling for a “Day of Wrath” to avenge the deaths as the party warned that it may resume suicide attacks against Israel for the first time since January 2005.
Condoleezza Rice, the US Secretary of State, accused Hamas of holding the people of Gaza hostage. She said Washington was working to secure a ceasefire but reiterated the Bush Administration’s argument that any end to the conflict would hinge on the willingness of Hamas to stop firing rockets into Israel.
“Hamas has held the people of Gaza hostage ever since their illegal coup against the forces of President Mahmoud Abbas [leader of the rival Fatah party],” she said.
“We are working toward a ceasefire that would not allow a re-establishment of the status quo ante, where Hamas could launch rockets,” Dr Rice said. “It’s obvious that a ceasefire should take place as soon as possible but we want a ceasefire that is durable and sustainable.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Zionists will have you believe that no one is concerned about the slaughter of innocent people when in fact the entire planet is erupting with anger.

The Israeli and zionist response is odious propaganda with a half life of 24 hours.

Sayanim and zionist activists have given up pushing the lies and descended into making threats at all levels including on ATS. For example scottsquared, an ATS member, is coordinating a cyberbullying campaign to silence other ATSers;

scottsquared reply to post by Europe
NEW POLICY!!!(suggested)

Do not engage The Tinfoil Templar. Waste of time/cyberspace, Sure, we can converse about him, decry his poor English skills(spelling,syntax,grammar), his worse research skills, his fickle moral barometer. Just don't bother to address him directly. Here is the link; www.abovetopsecret.com...

This ATSer further threatens another member by saying that he is on a list. Is this list used within ATS, or is it for distribution outside of this forum?

There also appears to be further exchanges between scottsquared and Europe through U2U to share info to target posters on this site.

The bottom line is that discourse is not permitted in anyway by zionists. In their agenda is, 'it is my way or the highway'. These people are out for blood and the Palestinians are for starters. Objectors to the genocide are next then who knows. Even a nobody like scottsquared is keeping a list.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 113131p://am3107 by masonwatcher]

SR

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You mean muslims within countries throughout the world are the majority protesting.

I don't see mass protests of non muslims........

Or is this a case where the truth gets in the way of a good story?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There are plenty of non muslims protesting against the actions of Israel. There was one just the other day in Massachusetts that was predominantly a non muslim/arabic group of white protesters. The issue is not so race/religion based. It is more of a humanitarian based problem in the worlds eyes. Just my 2Cents

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Let them protest. They have nothing else better to do…
I wish they would protest about their leaders who steal their wealth, or protest about the Muslim terrorists who keep their entire civilization in the middle ages. Or maybe protest about woman’s rights in the Middle East or why in such oil wealthy countries most people live in poverty and are uneducated.

Masonwatcher sounds like an angry kid with answers driven by hate not logic

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dracula23
Let them protest. They have nothing else better to do…
I wish they would protest about their leaders who steal their wealth, or protest about the Muslim terrorists who keep their entire civilization in the middle ages. Or maybe protest about woman’s rights in the Middle East or why in such oil wealthy countries most people live in poverty and are uneducated.

Masonwatcher sounds like an angry kid with answers driven by hate not logic

You sum it up quite nicely!

Star for you!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SR

You don't see mass protests of non Muslims? Time to take off the blinders then my friend.

Here in Canada today there protests in almost every city and majority of the people in attendance were non Muslim.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
And violent protests if I may.

In Oslo, the Palestinians have been throwing fireworks at the Norwegian police +++. Way to show your cause is just.

www.vg.no
www.dagbladet.no
www.ioslo.no

I was for Palestine, but when I see how Palestinians act abroad, especially during these protests, I start to think that maybe I'm supporting the wrong side on this issue. (What have Norwegian police done to the Palestinians here in Norway, what did they do to warrent violent actions against them?)

FK

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Denmark result from resent days : Besides from burning flags , some fightings, Demonstrations of dools in tiny coffins
throwing fireworks at the danish police and other people, making other damages. 3 arrested. Age 15-17 everything went quite peacefull...

I do consider these demonstrations "peacefull". After the below did happen, i'm sure some will agree, that a demonstration is better than shooting at people.
I find it unacceptable that these gangs can't respect people who are guests and work to make a living. The gangs in Denmark are not Israeli. They are arabs. Many are 2 generation refugees...
I can confirm that tonight in TV, a friend of the shooter, openly in front of camera declared, they were having a party after, to celebrate this "hero"

I find it very sad, that a hardcore group of people, are ruin the whole picture for many other people, who i consider as a great gift for Denmark. Good people !

2 Israelis wounded in Denmark shooting

Palestinian arrested, charged for Denmark shooting

From the mall

News and interview with the one Israeli victim of palistine gunman

[edit on 3-1-2009 by flymetothemoon]

[edit on 3-1-2009 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I am glad that thousands turned out globally for the good people of Gaza. I notice the same left wing extremist movements celebrate when Israelis die. They, if they believed in good faith, would turn out in mourning when Israelis die.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Take a the local arab population of a European country add in some liberals who are looking for a bit of culture to their boring lives and what do you get?
The whole world is protesting!!!

Who or what is to blame. Was it muhammad for his false moon god teachings or the culture/people that he brought them to.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
Take a the local arab population of a European country add in some liberals who are looking for a bit of culture to their boring lives and what do you get?
The whole world is protesting!!!

Who or what is to blame. Was it muhammad for his false moon god teachings or the culture/people that he brought them to.

Yeah, and add in some Republican style Conservatives and who pulls the trigger?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
And violent protests if I may.

In Oslo, the Palestinians have been throwing fireworks at the Norwegian police +++. Way to show your cause is just.

www.vg.no
www.dagbladet.no
www.ioslo.no

I was for Palestine, but when I see how Palestinians act abroad, especially during these protests, I start to think that maybe I'm supporting the wrong side on this issue. (What have Norwegian police done to the Palestinians here in Norway, what did they do to warrent violent actions against them?)

FK

What a great reason to side with genocide. Your logic makes no sence.

So because of those protesters, in norway, you would rather have people in palestine die?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The poor poor people of Palestine and the evil evil Jews. The same poor people of Palestine that straps bombs to the backs of their children.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

Do you know to read in context... or interpret the meaning behind words, or how about just not putting words in people's mouths.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClearCut
The poor poor people of Palestine and the evil evil Jews. The same poor people of Palestine that straps bombs to the backs of their children.

Yeah, it's a shame they don't just blow themselves up. That way their cry at the desperation of humaanity would not make them killers. And instead of bombs back, the Israelis would either laugh at their pity, or cry.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled

Originally posted by ClearCut

Yeah, it's a shame they don't just blow themselves up. That way their cry at the desperation of humaanity would not make them killers. And instead of bombs back, the Israelis would either laugh at their pity, or cry.

If you look at this video, you will see a result of desperation. This shows how "human" the leaders are to their poor people. Using people for their own agenda. Strange that Hamas could always get their hands on weapons, but not medicine and food.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
In Canada

Demonstrators gather across Canada to protest Israeli attacks in Gaza

Protesters in several Canadian cities waved placards and Palestinian flags Saturday as they angrily denounced the ongoing Israeli offensive in Gaza, just as word emerged that Israel's troops and tanks had moved into enemy territory.

Following on the heels of angry protests taking place in cities across Europe, the Canadian show of solidarity began in the nation's capital with more than 500 demonstrators braving chill winds on the steps of Parliament Hill.

The group made its way to the Israeli and U.S. embassies in Ottawa, as did a gathering of several thousand people in Toronto who at one point faced off against a smaller group of pro-Israel demonstrators in a downtown public square.

The noisy but peaceful gathering on Parliament Hill erupted with cries of "shame" when a speaker delivered the news Israel had begun its ground assault.

"Regardless what they say in this building (House of Commons), regardless what they say in Washington or the Hague, these are war crimes," shouted Robert Assaly, an Anglican priest from Montreal who was a speaker at the rally.

www.winnipegfreepress.com...

There were protests across Canada today. January 3, 2009.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Tonight. A demonstration in front of the Israeli embassy in Denmark, went peacefully, untill people started to retrade. After throwing cars around and the police getting "stoned", between 30-50 got arrested.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by flymetothemoon]

new topics

top topics

join