It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom - does the state have the right to but in...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I read the Jett Travolta death by scientology and it whacked me in a way - I thought I would start a thread...
Does the State have the right to over rule a parent...?/
in any matter...?/
where is the bounds of ownership if you dont own anything the state can over rule you...?/
If I'm a danger to myself ... or others ... or just plane ole senile like Papa Bush appears to be... well if you had the skeletons in your closet that this dude has you would be senile too... JFK still haunts him.

and then they make us take oaths to protect and defend the constitution and at the same time they are destroying the fabric of it.

Where does the state get this right from...?/ If the finger pointing leads back to the protector - and the protector refuses to allow justice to proceed...?/ where does it derive this power from...?/

I just cant put what it is in writing ... but I hope you get my jest ... and I hope someone out there can help us understand how a british system of justice for who we say gets justice ... is not the same system inwhich we are swore to protect... and where is this system that we all swore too...?/

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
No, I don't think so. While we can think of many examples of where it may have been helpful, the dangers in these kinds of actions are in themselves worse.

Basically, it's about like punishing everyone over the actions of a few.

You might could say we could go arrest every male between the ages of 18-30 without employment over 20k a year and get rid of alot of crime, and save alot of people. But to do so you punish alot of innocent people. There are any number of people who do things which society in itself may not find "acceptable" by their standards, and isn't of this nature. Are we to punish them because of the actions of 1 celebrity?

And if it wasn't a celebrity this happened to, would it be a big deal at all? Isn't this only happening because it is in the spotlight? How many children have these types of problems and die every year under what is considered "acceptable" care?

Choose for yourself and your family. If you do not allow others that same choice, then you will not be given that same choice.

Personally, I would be more interested in how the families beliefs change if they do at all, rather than what "society" needs to do about it. What society needs to do is mind their own business and be happy they aren't sucked into such things and learn from it.

join