It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jett Travolta. Death by Scientology?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Jett Travolta dies in the Bahamas the other day when during a seizure, he fell and hit his head on the bathtub. Could this have been prevented? Perhaps so.

John Travolta and Kelly Preston, Jetts parents, are both active in the cult of Scientology. At an early age Jett developed significant health problems and according to the Travoltas, was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease, which is a little understood disease involving vasculitis, lymph node issues, and often cardiac problems. Kawasaki disease is most common in young male children in Japan. Studies by Harvard and others, pointed to some possible connection with carpet cleaning chemicals, but no no conclusive cause was made. While some have made statements that Jett was also autistic, the Travoltas have denied this.

The Travoltas chose to follow the teachings of their cult, and instead of regular medical treatment, went with a Scientology detoxification program to treat their son. Kelly Preston went on a Television crusade against chemicals in the home environment, yet mysteriously insisted on frequent carpet cleaning for their home.

Were Jetts health problems due to something other than Kawasaki disease? 80% of the patients with Kawasakis disease are younger than 5 years old and the condition is treatable. While death is rarely caused by Kawasakis disease, when it does occur it is generally due to heart attacks.

The cult of Scientology has a long history of deaths due to lack of proper medical treatment. The case of Lisa McPherson is perhaps the most well known and documented. Given the History of cult deaths, wacky "medical treatments" and the choice by the Travoltas to follow Cult detoxification methods with Jett, is it possible that he would still be alive today if his parents were not blinded by the cult?

Why are they Dead?

Other children have been abused by the cult and you can learn more here from young adults who managed to escape the cult hell their parrents put them through.
Ex Scientology Kids

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yeah I just read about this too... What the hell is with these rich celebrity types falling for this scientology crap anyway?

I don't get it. I didn't get it with Tom Cruise and now this. Wtf.

-Uninspired

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was wondering that at work last night. I was thinking he was into Scientology but then thought "nah I'm sure he dropped that religion (cough cult)"

Guess I was wrong in my thinking then?

Edit: In a clip of a family acquaintance he told CNN the kid was autistic seen the clip on CNN this morning actually, might have been MSNBC I was flipping between the two.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
First thing I thought of when I read that headline. It will be interesting to hear the autopsy report. I wouldn't be surprised if it is sanitized though.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Its amazing how these talented people, Not travlota
, fall for a cult created by a con man who was a second rate science fiction writer at best. If you choose to believe in Xenu the destroyer and his souls in volcano pish then do it in your own time dont harm your kids. I really think scientology could become as dangerous as Islam in say 50 years, thats if we last that long

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Scientology strikes me as a pyramid scheme. The top people get money from those below them by...SCAMMING them out of it.

Shouldn't this be illegal? Ive only just started reading about this organization (I was gonna say cult, but ill play nice for now) and what ive read so far, I do not like.

I'm gonna see if there are any groups operating around where I live, Its a small town so I doubt there are, at least not many anyway. I live next to Mt Shasta, so we got all kinds of New Agers and whatnot, and while I do not agree with them, they don't bother me and I have no problem with them. But these scientology people kinda give me the creeps.

-Uninspired

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
He had some health problems.
Some say Autism, some say down syndrome, some say other things.
But he did have and was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease.
I know that sounds a little funny like maybe he rode a motorcycle or something.
But it is actually a serious life threatening disorder.
I don't much like Scientology or the Scientologists.
But I think John Travolta isn't such a bad guy, and really didn't deserve this.
And I feel sorry for him as a parent, because hes lost his son.
He could have had some kind of cardiac event that caused him to fall.
That could be classified as a seizure.
He has probably been kept alive for the last 16 years by the wonders of modern medicine.
He has probably had many events and seizures, it just so happens this one caused him to sustain a fatal injury.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by BorgHoffen]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by uninspired

If you want to find out about Scientology in your area, perhaps these people could direct you in the right direction. The Local Anon chapter, Anon San Fransisco

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well if you want to be totally freaked out check out 123Numerology.com
wow.. is a understatement... the scientology crap is just that crap. but so was this numerology stuff before I really checked it out... I dont know ... not into people telling me what to do.. if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

I'll check that out when I get to work, I know what you mean about hating people telling you what to do. When people try and tell me to do something I tend to resist...im stubborn that way. There is a difference between asking and telling.

-Uninspired

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Until we know every detail of the history and findings in this case, I think it's too soon to assume it's directly related to Scientology.

From the brief video interview with JT and Larry King, I think the OCD aspect and ignorance of a parent is partly involved. JT admits having cleaned Jett's carpets which 'suggests' according to some study he was overexposed to these chemicals, but the boy may have already had symptoms without being diagnosed as suggested by the video.

I think there may be many children statistically who may be misdiagnosed or diagnosed too late and 'this window' a bigger part of the problem.

It does than 'somewhat suggest' that a more typical parent would have brought the child in much sooner if not possibly for the interference by Scientology and that JT could have well afforded proper care to begin with? How long has JT actually been a member? was it before the diagnosis? idk

It will be interesting if this does got to trial anyway. Would this law suit be brought on by former Scientology members or the state? idk

How many similar cases has Scientology previously won and lost?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Where do you get your (seemingly) first hand knowledge of the goings on in the home of Mr. & Mrs. Travolta?
Some supermarket rag or are you a carpet cleaner for the rich and famous?

Kelly Preston went on a Television crusade against chemicals in the home environment, yet mysteriously insisted on frequent carpet cleaning for their home.

For you to use this excuse to attack Scientology, through them, or, attack any parent in their time of greatest loss is not only despicable but disgusting.

It’s not for you to judge their souls or their belief systems, much less now.

As for Jetts Kawasaki disease, he had an outbreak at TWO years old. Not at 16.
Kawasaki disease almost never reappears - it’s extremely rare to have an outbreak again, especially at 16.
Jett is/was commonly referred to as a Kawasaki disease SURVIVOR!
Only 1-2 % of the children who contact Kawasaki disease die from it - even AFTER hospital treatment for the disease when they are young.

I see no reason - nor do the authorities - why their actions (or inactions as you so slimily elude to) caused this child's death and for you to assume the responsibility falls at the door of the parents is reprehensible.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
He had some health problems.
Some say Autism, some say down syndrome, some say other things.
But he did have and was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease.
I know that sounds a little funny like maybe he rode a motorcycle or something.
But it is actually a serious life threatening disorder.
I don't much like Scientology or the Scientologists.
But I think John Travolta isn't such a bad guy, and really didn't deserve this.
And I feel sorry for him as a parent, because hes lost his son.
He could have had some kind of cardiac event that caused him to fall.
That could be classified as a seizure.
He has probably been kept alive for the last 16 years by the wonders of modern medicine.
He has probably had many events and seizures, it just so happens this one caused him to sustain a fatal injury.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by BorgHoffen]

Well said. I cannot help but feel that the thread is more about bashing his family for their beliefs, rather then actually and genuinely care for what happened to his son.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Kellp Pretson spoke at length on a number of Television shows about her Scientology beliefs, Jetts condition, and the Scientology based treatments they were giving him. This is a matter of well established public record which you can easily confirm for yourself. Jett has had severe health issues since he was two years old.

In addition, Scientology does not recognize Autism in any way although six different pediatricians diagnosed Jett with autism, as well as a media rep from the Autism Society of America, an executive from Cure Autism Now. Since for Scientologists like John and Kelly, Autism does not exist, any treatment Jett might receive would not be in his best interest. While Sylvester Stallone, Dan Marino and Doug Flutie, who have autistic children, have long championed research John Travolta has so far done nothing to help raise awareness about autism. In addition, several people who have met Jett in person describe his behavior as typical of an Autistic Child. He did not speak, needed "handlers" or Nannys to maintain him, demonstrated typical autistic body movements, and had the blank stare one often finds in these cases. You can see his behavior on video and look for yourself if you wish to deny ignorance. John and Kelly went to great lenghts to prevent anyone from seeing their son, yet their younger daughter often appears with them. Perhaps one should look to the time when Kelly Preston took Jett to the movies. When there he had a typical autistic outburst, and Kelly simply looked at the nanny, said "deal with it" and continued to watch the film while Jett was led away. Does that sound like a rational, careing parent to you?

The story of Jett afflictions and treatment are well documented by reputable sources and had been widely discussed long before his tragic death. And I agree with you, it is tragic and I understand the grieving his parents must be suffering right now. Just because they are Scientologists, does not mean that they are not in pain. The loss of any child is always tragic. My point was, that when anyone denies their children proper medical care, it is wrong. While you talk about his having Kawasakis disease at two, Kelly and John continued to claim that Kawasakis was the sole reason for Jetts health issues, and treated it with Scientology based methods.

The Cult of Scientology has a long and established history of doing just that. Perhaps you should look at what happened to Lisa McPherson before you claim that this is only some uncredited story from an entertainment rag.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
A recent report confirms that John Travolta's lawyer and close friend, Michael McDermott, and family attorney Michael Ossi, both of whom are with John in the Bahamas, stated to the press and police that two nannies were present on the trip and were by Jetts side constantly. There was a baby monitor device by Jett's side and there was also a chimer in the bathroom to alert when the door opened. Unwell 16 year olds do not in general need baby monitoring devices just to go to the bathroom. This is typical of the level of care needed with autistic children.

If a parent has a child that is diagnosed with diabetes, and chooses to follow a religious treatment of feeding them nothing but oatmeal, when the child dies at a young age, would the parents have any responsibility? What about the parents of a child with leukemia, who choose to do nothing because it is gods will? (true case)

By denying the existence of Autism, did John and Kelly do the right thing? That is the point of this thread. Not to make fun of Jett, or laugh at his very tragic death, but to point out the danger of Cults and how much they can control their victims lives.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think any parent should be free to follow whatever religion/ belief/ cult they like as long as it does not effect their kids happiness, health and well being. Parents are adults they can decide what ever thing they wish to follow even if that means scientology. Children however should be given the chance to not be involved until they are of an age where they can decide. I really dont agree with parents forcing their kids at age 3 to be vegetarians say, its not right, the child should be able to grow up and then decide. We dont allow kids to vote or make other major decisions on their life because we quite rightly say they dont have a mature enough mind, so why do we then think they can be vegetarians or scientologists under 16. Its not fair on them.

adults yes can be what ever they choose to be, just dont let it effect your childs early life.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I think the knowledge that their son's Kawasaki could have been brought on by chemicals in the carpet cleaning products, could have also been a factor toward the way they would approach caring for him in the future. I heard that they had two nannies caring for him, but maybe they got too confident and kept him out of sight or maybe he tripped and this happened. Not sure if the seizure came before or after.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

When there he had a typical autistic outburst, and Kelly simply looked at the nanny, said "deal with it" and continued to watch the film while Jett was led away. Does that sound like a rational, careing parent to you?

Yes, if her daughter was with her then yes, she was being a caring and conscience parent by removing the disturbance, in they case her son, from interrupting everyone's movie, and, remaining with other child.

But again you post something with no *proof* other than your word.
Where’s the article on the above situation?

Where’s the article that she cleaned her carpets too excess?
Where in the article does she (or anyone) state that chemicals were used to clean the carpets?

I clean mine all the time and what do I use?
Boiling hot water and vinegar.

My point was, that when anyone denies their children proper medical care, it is wrong.

And my point is there has been NO claim by any person in authority these parents denied their child anything, much less something that provoked or caused his death!

How do you know - or - where is the *proof* these parents did not treat their son?
Kawasaki disease is treated DURING the outbreak - with aspirin and gamma globulin.
Also with body detox.
Good for them they folowed up on detox through the child's life to prevent a reoccurrence, however infinitesimally minute the chance of a reoccurrence might have been.

While you talk about his having Kawasakis disease at two, Kelly and John continued to claim that Kawasakis was the sole reason for Jetts health issues, and treated it with Scientology based methods.

So good for them. They kept his body clean. Best thing they could have done.

But to date, you - or no one at this point - even KNOWS what the cause of death was, and if had - or not - anything to do with Kawasaki's disease! Which again, and I repeat, almost NEVER returns to a child after the initial onset of disease.

The Cult of Scientology has a long and established history of doing just that. Perhaps you should look at what happened to Lisa McPherson before you claim that this is only some uncredited story from an entertainment rag.

Lisa McPherson has NOTHING to do with this young mans death other than people like you who're doing all they can to attack a family at it’s weakest point, and, discredit Scientology, when in FACT there is NO PROOF (to date) Scientology had ANYTHING to do with this child's death.

I asked YOU where you got YOUR information about the carpet cleaning - from a *supermarket rag* or not.
Don’t try to twist my words for you will surely fail in this case.

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

A recent report confirms that John Travolta's lawyer and close friend, Michael McDermott, and family attorney Michael Ossi, both of whom are with John in the Bahamas, stated to the press and police that two nannies were present on the trip and were by Jetts side constantly. There was a baby monitor device by Jett's side and there was also a chimer in the bathroom to alert when the door opened. Unwell 16 year olds do not in general need baby monitoring devices just to go to the bathroom. This is typical of the level of care needed with autistic children.

Oh this is just insane!

You're damning them if they do and damning them when they don’t!

Two Nannies that never left his side! ---- Baby care monitors!
They OBVIOUSLY loved their son very much and took the VERY BEST care of them they possibly could!

This child was as close to being *bulletproof* (as they say) as possible!

But what - you claim they are not *loving caring parents*!

What’s your beef - because whatever it is - it’s rotten and overripe and it STINKS!

If a parent has a child that is diagnosed with diabetes, and chooses to follow a religious treatment of feeding them nothing but oatmeal, when the child dies at a young age, would the parents have any responsibility? What about the parents of a child with leukemia, who choose to do nothing because it is gods will? (true case)

If you’ve got a beef with Scientologists over their treatment or non treatment of children - you’re not doing anti-scientologists any favor by shining the light on this case.

The Travolta’s obviously did everything in their care, as you’ve even stated above, to keep their child healthy, happy and as free as possible from harm

There is NO indication by anyone they withheld anything from this child that might have helped them.

If anything you’re proving the case these parents in particular did nothing but the best for their child.

By denying the existence of Autism, did John and Kelly do the right thing? That is the point of this thread. Not to make fun of Jett, or laugh at his very tragic death, but to point out the danger of Cults and how much they can control their victims lives.

As for this child being autistic or not - the *point* of your thread?

His being autistic or not makes NO difference.

There’s no main stream medicine or any other that autistic children can be given to *cure* autism!

You insinuate these parents denied their child something main steam medicine could have given him to cure him.

To insinuate they withheld a cure from their son is not only blatantly not fare, but ignorant as well.

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Please google it as you obviously wont believe what ever I say. Try watching what Kelly Preston said in her own words while on the Montel Williams show. Kelly spoke at length and through a number of other television shows and news outlets and it is not at all hard to find. She went on a well publicized crusade for quite some time and you should have no trouble finding out quite a bit. Or try what John Travolta said while on Larry king PRIOR to Jetts tragic death. John has made several public statements in a variety of venues regarding Jett and his affliction. There is plenty of credible information out there and I Neverr cite supermarket tabloids. Seek and ye shal find.

If a child has Autism, then he should be treated for it. It is simple as that. If you deny the very existence of Autism in anybody, and insist that your childs health problems are only due to environmental contaminants, despite several professional diagnoses of Jetts Autism then you do your child no good. Cleaning your carpets will never cure Autism. The Cult of Scientology has had in the past, and is currently undergoing, a lawsuit for the illegal practice of medicine. That is the issue..... Failure to provide proper medical care.

And for the record and everyones informational benefit, there is no evidence YET of a seizure, The report simply states that he fell, hit his head and was found very shortly afterwards, bleeding from a head wound and unconscious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join