if you clone someone do they have a soul?

page: 1
1
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
if a god given soul can not be duplicated, and man can not create a soul would a clone have a soul? if it did have a soul where did it come from? And if it did not have a soul it would be even worse.

Is the mark of the beast a human clone without a soul?




posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think we need to find out if we really and truly do have a soul in the first place. I am not saying we don't. Im just saying that issues like that are trivial and have no end to possible debate. Because, nomatter what you believe or have faith in, you really don't know for sure.



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i always figured they would just be like twins, different person, same looking body. If it was living why wouldnt it have a soul?



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
(Assuming humans have a soul.)

I would think that whatever force gives a human a soul, it would be no different if someone grew in a tank or in a womb. A fetus is a fetus, no amtter where it ends up.



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
well sea people says there is no way to find out if we have souls ...sounds like an impossibility to him but not to me ...there are those who know they have souls and there is a way to prove it to your self...
its not my position to tell you how to do it ...
and yes clones will have individual souls!!!!



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If souls do exist, it is possible that multiple people can share the same soul. Look no further than "soul mates." I think that "soul mates" are the same soul, separated, and when together, make a whole.

Now, "soul mates" aren't limited to just two people. You can have multiple "soul mates" - they could be your best friend/s, sibling/s, parent/s, lover/s, etc... Spirits, on the other hand, every one has their own. Its hard to explain the whole "spirit and soul" relationship, or what makes them different. Just look into Edgar Cayce, he has said a lot about them while in his sleeping prophet state.



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
well sea people says there is no way to find out if we have souls ...sounds like an impossibility to him but not to me ...there are those who know they have souls and there is a way to prove it to your self...
its not my position to tell you how to do it ...
and yes clones will have individual souls!!!!


I would argue that you don't know anything AT ALL for sure. If you want to get technical about things that is. Deny this fact all you want. Everything you know and have ever known is from the past. Something you cannot see or touch. How much of your current reality is based on the past? There is no absolute proof of anything. Existence is only what you make it in your head.



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i personally dont think a clone would have a soul, cos its a copy of something that has already been created. I heard this idea that souls were gonna be implanted into clones and 4th dimensional entities/lizards/whatever were gonna take over the bodies and try to have a more direct influence over us. maybe thats paranoia?



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
If souls do exist, it is possible that multiple people can share the same soul. Look no further than "soul mates." I think that "soul mates" are the same soul, separated, and when together, make a whole.

Now, "soul mates" aren't limited to just two people. You can have multiple "soul mates" - they could be your best friend/s, sibling/s, parent/s, lover/s, etc... Spirits, on the other hand, every one has their own. Its hard to explain the whole "spirit and soul" relationship, or what makes them different. Just look into Edgar Cayce, he has said a lot about them while in his sleeping prophet state.


In that instance, couldn't it be possible that everyone shares the same soul. The same consciousness. Maybe there is some divine being out there that just picks up this one soul, and randomly places it in and out of our space and time. Maybe all of our knowledge exists at once, and this is just a point on a checker board where this being happened to place the single consciousness. How could you prove that wrong? There is just no way to know anything for sure.

[Edited on 4/7/2004 by Seapeople]



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
In that instance, couldn't it be possible that everyone shares the same soul. The same consciousness. Maybe there is some divine being out there that just picks up this one soul, and randomly places it in and out of our space and time. Maybe all of our knowledge exists at once, and this is just a point on a checker board where this being happened to place the single consciousness. How could you prove that wrong? There is just no way to know anything for sure.


I'm not trying to prove anything wrong.
Anything is possible.



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think that the answer to this question is whether or not the unique Quantum Signature that all items of existence feature will be duplicated in a cloned human being. This Quantum Signature dicates our "lock" into our form of existence, and may play a vital role in what we call our soul. I do not think that such a signature can be duplicated, but this is just speculation.

Additionally, a soul is more than just an etheric body within our physical shell. It is a body of energy that has absorbed the sum of our experiences and knowledge, and for a clone to exist, I think that it would have to have a soul of their own in order to live properly. It is doubtful that a clone would live the exact life that its original is living, and forms the second basis for my argument that clones would have a different spirit than its original rubric.

[Edited on 4/7/2004 by AlnilamOmega]



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
A clone is a twin born many years after the original.

So, if you believe that babies born through in-vitro fertilization ("test tube babies") have souls and if you also believe that twins have souls -- then yes a clone has a soul.



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by no_name
if a god given soul can not be duplicated, and man can not create a soul would a clone have a soul? if it did have a soul where did it come from? And if it did not have a soul it would be even worse.

Is the mark of the beast a human clone without a soul?



My hypothesis is this:
If you clone someone, they will have the same genetic makeup, obviously. But I believe the clone would follow the same principles as, say, a twin. Similar strengths, lackings, etc. (or atleast similar capacities for learning, physical attributes and the like).



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I would say that a cloned human being would be inhabited by a soul waiting to enter in for another incarnation.



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Been covered, 4 pages worth, but in posting it here, perhaps it will allow for more ideas and thoughts to be taken into further account:
Does a Clone have a soul?!?



seekerof

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Seekerof]



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
you know what sea people what i know comes from direct experience not from some ancient teachings or conjecture...or opinion...which is what you base everything on... opinion... what i know to be the truth comes from putting it to the litmus test of experience not mindless ramblings of opinionated bigotry....
so you got the market conered on the realities of what can be known or not known.....???
i can tell you what i know and what you believe to be true are two entirely different things.
and if nothing can be proved than we can just ignore your sceptical sarcasm as we need not believe you exist...so poof !!!
you dont exist.....your just a figment of the mind..thank you for providing the paradigm shift

The reason you believe nothing can be proved is because your living in the delusional phantasmagorical world of materialism and have never tried to break the bounds of mere physical existence and you wouldnt know where to start even if you wanted to.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by watcheroftheskies]



posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I asked my youth pastor about this at a retreat once.

he said that All life comes from God, If that baby was grown in a test tube, or whatever, God still loves it just as much as he does you and I.

I think of it kind of like building a house. If someone built it using machines and such, it's a house. If someone builds it by themself, it's still a house. If a man and a woman have a baby it's a baby, If the baby is grown in a test tube it's still a baby.)



posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
There's a novel by Robert Rankin, the name of which eludes me, that involves this issue.



posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I've always had the theory that the human brain, being the physical seat of consciousness, is the interface that a soul or spirit uses to interact with this physical reality.

If true, it would seem logical that the brain would need to reach a certain complexity to be able to perform it's function. At some point in it's development this point is reached and a soul or spirit would come and inhabit it from the same line, que, or waiting place the rest of the souls/spirits come from. So, by this theory it wouldn't matter by what means the brain is created or grown as long as it meets the functional requirements for a physical/spiritial interface.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. It's just a theory.



posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
well then I guess it depends on what we define soul as. If we think of the Old Testament defined Christian soul, then it's allocation is far more selective than that of the new Testament Christian soul.

It depends really on how souls are allocated. Are they a right or a privelige? Are they inherent or are they given? Do zygotes have souls? at what point do we obtain them (I am of course taking for granted that souls exist)?

If we look at Ambient sounds theory then do mentally disabled people have souls? And could a super intelligent animal (I refer to a singularity, not a species, such as a specially trained abnormal ape) develop a soul?





top topics
 
1
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join