It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media is openly mocking us...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I find that the truth in political cartoons is about as astonishing as it can be. Simple, quick witted, right to the point. Here's one that openly mocks Americans:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This is how the media sees Americans. What's more disturbing than that, they are more than likely right!

Where is the incite that events as of late have brought forth? Americans sit idly by their t.v.s and do nothing. Change the word war with economy or anything else and it's still correct.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Trust me most of the media are dumb as fok. They have probably never been right in there lifes about anything other than which hairspray to buy.

Just remember letterman talking his bull about mccain not going on his show, would cause great damage to his show. Mccain was not trying to win, so what ever letterman said did not matter,a nd it made me alugh last month when mccain went on letterman, letterman knew he was being conned.

The media is just a joke, look at global warming. What a joke that is.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

This is how the media sees Americans. What's more disturbing than that, they are more than likely right!

Unfortunately so. Good post though.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Trust me most of the media are dumb as fok. They have probably never been right in there lifes about anything other than which hairspray to buy.

Just remember letterman talking his bull about mccain not going on his show, would cause great damage to his show. Mccain was not trying to win, so what ever letterman said did not matter,a nd it made me alugh last month when mccain went on letterman, letterman knew he was being conned.

The media is just a joke, look at global warming. What a joke that is.

The problem is not just that we see this... Other countrys see this as well. The media might be a joke... But they're the joker EVERYONE's watching!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
The problem is not just that we see this... Other countrys see this as well. The media might be a joke... But they're the joker EVERYONE's watching!

Not for much longer. People are leaving TV in droves for internet sources of news. My only concern is that their internet sources of news may also be complete jokes like Yahoo News. The media-power-moguls will of course do everything they can to control internet news and it just may work.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I have seen some of the dribble that the net calls "news". Trading a television for the net is not going to change us. We are still chained by the tube in front of us. Out of the frying pan and into the broiler...

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 3-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

At least on the internet, there is a chance (if even a small one) that people can get real and impacting information. This is clearly not possible on The Idiot Box.

I, for one, have not watched television in 12 or so years. When my wife watches the news, I have to put my headphones on and listen to music just loud enough to drown it out. If I have been turned off of television to this extent, I have to believe there is a multitude of people in the same boat - or at least, one can wish.

My sweat and tears have been spent on getting people to boycott television save the most spiteful kind of self-diversion when this all becomes too much indicating the need of a small break from the horrific truth and ever-quickening duty of spreading it as far and fast as possible. I even wonder sometimes, if the spending my blood will be required by this everlasting battle to wake people from their hypnotically induced by the TV slumber.

Nay, if it wasn't for the fact that the internet is our last bastion of hope, so far unencumbered by censor or dictator, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Indeed, there is a multitude to filter through, but the truth is out here for all to see. I suppose the next big battle will be letting people know how to discern the truth by getting less lazy and actually putting forth some real effort in finding it - this, of course, pivots on whether or not unregulated information is allowed to last long enough.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Jacked Up,

I have to disagree with you to some extent. What you describe is not just characteristic of Americans but many peoples of most nations who live second hand ..vicariously through television and movies.

How many peoples do you know who cannot describe a thinking, moral, or any other concept except in terms of some television or movie they have watched. You realize that their lives and thinking are television/movie lives and thinking.

How many people do you know who have emotions on their sleeve based on some issue in the talk show circuit....do I need to take a lie detector test on this one .. a DNA test. Got the point yet??

How many males do you know who know the latest gadget and point spread but little else outside of their occupations. Same for the women.

I agree with the poster who said they try to tell folks to turn off the television more often. I have often found the commercial advertisements to be more original in intelligent thinking than most of what passes for programming. Sad thing to say but I find it often so.

The thing about this computer is that it is interactive..and one gets replies and questions...not a box/television which tends to do all of our thinking for us....if we allow it so to do.

It is very easy for the media and entertainment business to stroke/masterbate our emotions and inject us with false political paradigms. Pardon the crudity but I find it often very appropriate.
Our educational institutions are no better since they to are financed by the body politic...who are in turn shilled for by the media.
Public education=a television/movie education. Got the point yet??

Nonetheless this is not just a phenomonon in America but all around the world. Most people are easily led...especially by their emotions.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

The media/government/corporations mocking their own engineered destruction and us...

Who would have thought?

Makes my blood boil.

top topics

join