It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for Christopher Sanders, Warning About Yellowstone "CLOSED"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Christopher Sanders President of "The Gas Company", claims that there will be a Yellowstone Volcanic eruption soon. Were attempting to get Mr. Sanders for a ATS:MIX interview. This thread is created for members and guests alike to post their "QUESTIONS ONLY" for him. If you are out of the loop on the warning of Mr. Sanders proclamation that there will be a Super Volcano eruption soon, then please review this link to get up to speed.

(Non Official) Evacuation Warning! - Yellowstone National Park Area

You can also visit this page of his warning: "I am advising all State officials around Yellowstone National Park for a potential State of Emergency. In the last week over 252 earthquakes have been observed by the USGS. We have a 3D view on the movement of magma rising underground. We have all of the pre warning signs of a major eruption from a super volcano. - I want everyone to leave Yellowstone National Park and for 200 miles around the volcano caldera."

Because of the interest by numerous ATS members and guests alike, we think we should have our community come forward with their questions for Mr. Sanders concerning this warning.

PLEASE REVIEW ALL QUESTIONS PRIOR TO ASKING YOURS.

This posting is solely for your questions for Mr. Sanders, any discussions should go to the above posted ATS link as they will be removed from this thread. Again.. this thread is for your questions. No debating please.

Websites related to Mr. Sanders;

The Barnett Shale
Air to Water Systems
Lonestar Natural Gas

YouTube Video where Mr. Sanders speaks about the YellowStone caldera:

[edit on 1/4/2009 by JohnnyAnonymous]

[edit on 1/10/2009 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There has been some confusion on this board wether or not you have a geological degree. Can you tell us something about your academic background and the work you have been doing?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Thank you ATSMIX for looking into this further and trying to get this geologist.

My question is:

I remember hearing another guest on ATSMIX say that Yellowstone was long overdue (by something like 10,000 years) since it's last eruption. How is it that we can know the dates of a previous eruption that may have taken place 50,000 years ago? And are any calderas linked to one another?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If Yellowstone does erupt, what can humanity do to survive and rebuild civilization after this biblical event?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If the Yellowstone Caldera erupt, will this event cause the other four mega calderas around the world like the Yellowstone to become active also?

And are they having seismic events right now like Yellowstone? are they conected?

[edit on 3-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
From your observations of the seismograph data, would you consider the activity to appear "harmonic" in nature? If so, would that increase the odds of there being a volcanic event, rather than a hydrothermal one?

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Why did you put out a "not official" evacuation video when other geologists, some I know personally that live in Yellowstone, have not announced any evacuations? Why did you not include other Yellowstone and USGS geologists in your video for clarification and validation purposes?

I live in Casper Wyoming along with other members of ATS who are in the Ground Zero zone and wonder why would someone who claims to be an accredited geologist would put up "not official" evacuation warning videos.

Not happy about this at all!!! Reident of Wyoming.

Edited to add another question

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 3-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Mr. Sanders, You stated

"I am advising all State officials around Yellowstone National Park for a potential State of Emergency."

You used the USGS logo on your website, are you authorized to do this? and if so why wasn't this on the "OFFICIAL" USGS site?.

Since it was on what appears to be your web site many have come to the conclusion that this was for personal or monetary gain.

A lot of folks are concerned about the swarm of activity in the last week and evidently you were too since you went to the extreme to make an announcement such as this. Where are you now? in custody?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Thanks ATS for putting this together, it has caught everyone's interest!

Here is my question:

"How is this swarm of earthquakes different from previous swarms and the much larger earthquake events such as the 1959 (7.5) and 1975 (6.5) that would cause you concern of a potential erruption?"

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Mr. Sanders in your statement:

"I am advising all State officials around Yellowstone National Park for a potential State of Emergency. In the last week over 252 earthquakes have been observed by the USGS. We have a 3D view on the movement of magma rising underground. We have all of the pre warning signs of a major eruption from a super volcano. - I want everyone to leave Yellowstone National Park and for 200 miles around the volcano caldera."

you talk about a 3D view of the movement of magma. Where did this information come from?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Mr. Sanders,
Your list of accomplishments in the energy field, especially your success in drilling in the Barnett Shale area of Texas is admirable. I do not question your expertise in the field of applied geology or your motives for issuing your warning.

Do you believe that the Hugoton-Panhandle natural gas reserve will become involved if the earthquakes at Y-S continue to expand, whether or not there is an actual volcanic eruption? My understand of the H-P gas reserve is that it is extensive, fragile and more of a potential hazard to the N A continent than the volcano at Y-S.

Also, how many times a year do you shave / regrow your goatee & mustache?
It definetly adds an element of time lag to your videos.

RfvB / in the So California high desert

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Mr Sanders,

How did you decide on the figure of a 200 mile radius for the eruption and apart from this evacuation what other measures would you advise the Government of the US, and other governments around the world, to adopt.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
My question: How are the newstations reacting to your attempts to access media to get word to the public and a greater reaction from government?

For those of you, like me, who have NO clue where Yellowstone is, even though you may have been there, here is a map for a 200 mile reference:

Anyone have the saavy of some more geological reference map links, such as the circumference of the caulderun (?), and how it looks like below ground, as in where, whatever type of magma flute system meets with any larger magma system or pool, ect, and how far out that level extends. A bigger picture up front.

Now would probably not be the time to seek out a hot spring in Wyoming/Montana, eh?

[edit on 3-1-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What effects (aside from atmospheric) could a massive eruption of the Super Cladera at Yellowstone have on other seismicaly unstable regions like California, oregon and Washington. Could the shockwave of a massive earthquake there trigger signifigant fault movement here?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Is there any evidence that these earthquakes could actually be caused by something other than magma and if so what would the other possibilities be.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

AGAIN PEOPLE.... Please reread the stipulations and instructions to post in the "Questions" Thread... THIS THREAD IS FOR QUESTIONS ONLY

All discussions and concerns should be directed in the original thread posted by RealTruth here:

Evacuation Warning! - Yellowstone National Park (Non Official)

And it's a shame too... If this poster had attached a question to his/her posting, it may have been informative for everyone..

Mod-edit: Poster didn't read and/or follow the instructions/stipulations for posting in this thread..

[edit on 1/4/2009 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What are your degrees, certifications, and career positions you have held that demonstrate you are knowledgeable enough about geology to post this warning?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
just what is your expertise other than a drilling rig rock hound?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Chris,

What gives you the right to make a unofficial evacuation order since this is a very large area you are talking about?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Are you inciting undue fear to generate webhits to your many websites?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join