It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls in bikinis on Ads on ATS? Is that the type of ad we should have on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
bring on the political correctness.

cant have someone in a bikini
cant have someone wearing a turbin or a fez or a baseball cap

get rid of it all.
censor everything that someone even slightly dislikes.

best just advertising white goods, me thinks

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Those should be the only ads on ATS if you ask me. I have absolutely no objections to hot girls in bikinis.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Those should be the only ads on ATS if you ask me. I have absolutely no objections to hot girls in bikinis.

its better than smileys that yell HELLOOOO when you mouse over them or "click here for a free laptop" scams

i have no problem with any of ATS's ads, then again it could be my ad blocker doing its magic

[edit on 3/1/09 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

White goods!? But what about the black goods, and asian goods, and.... Sorry couldn't resist. I agree with you totally, there is no way to appease all of the whiners in the world.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I never saw that picture till you brought it up op, now I've been corrupted why were you looking at that babe. I was happy when my grandson liked looking at girls in swimsuits at least I know he's on right track.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'd rather see a hot chick in a bikini ad than a guy in a speedo ad

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hey! The ad might be offensive to any Puritans, Amish, or fundamentalist Muslims that visit this site.

We wouldn't want the Amish upset now would we? They might have to get medieval on our heinies!

Jon

[edit on 1.3.2009 by Voxel]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I don’t know where he seen that add, I haven’t seen that one yet, and I don't get how it's bad or might be offensive? Maybe some people need to get out more?

I’d be more concerned about this one that I currently have when viewing ATS...... the Bear looks highly suspicious if you ask me....

That’s the current add that shows up for me on ATS, I'd prefer the Bakini one over the bear, and she aint even my type!

Mikey

[edit on 3/1/2009 by Mikey84]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
i want them bikinis to !!!

only thing i getas ad is my OWN ISP who wants me to get a connection with them .....

The ignorance of the marketing effort

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I think you need to protest this outrage FrankIdealist.

Revoke your membership and boycott ATS!

Do it for the kids!

God speed my friend, god speed.....

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Oh my God, it's Pedobear reincarnated! Now that is truly horrifying. Why am I not getting any of these ads? All I get is WoW.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Am I correct to say that you are Jewish (seems like I have seen you profess as much and I know this is a BIG issue with many sects of Judaism; of course, some christians as well)? I think this could be a matter of "morals" rather than the more secular point of view that he is attempting to give.

Though I understand the thinking, as of now, this is how it is and you don't have to log in if it offends you. It isn't about *you* but it is about what appeals to the eye; and that is the way it is. The beauty is all wrapped in one word... choice!

Like greeneyedleo *shrugs*

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Dont see the big deal...you should see our local adverts that come weekly in the mail box. (As well as plastered on billboards - naked women advertising clothes...yeah, an irony no?)

So, you never have been to Europe - (Austria, grandpa and granny walk around naked at the Danube river on the public sidewalk...while young women take their tops off and swim.)

In the Czech there was a billboard with a naked lady on a cross...its advertisement was "everything needs to be advertised" - point was to rent that billboard I suppose.

But then again, you wont be able to make it here to see all this, as the governments seem to want to tax traveling now that 'clean' energy is coming out that may replace oil. (Well, it will.)

We are a byproduct of the society we grow up in.
Had you been raised in the middle east you would have been jewish or Arab.

Our moral stances are based on society, nothing more - until we grow up and can bypass all of this to see the bigger picture. (in short, I see where your coming from, but here is why things are the way they are. Sure its a bit more complex...as in the West nudity is used as a means of control...to get people to buy underwear and sex videos.)

The most natural thing is to be naked actually, but we have turned that into a means to control and be controlled by.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 3-1-2009 by dAlen]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Girls in bikini's on ATS? Nevah!!!!

See the wonderfully gorgeous young lady to the left of my post? Her name is Nicola Robers and she's from the British girlband "Girls Aloud". The photo is taken from their live stage show.

But maybe you are more familiar with Britney, and Christina, and the Pussycat Dolls? Cheerleaders at the superbowl? American Gladiators? the OC?

The point I'm making is that that kind of image is not unusual in todays society, in fact, its practically observed as the "norm".

I realise its a question of "taste" - of course, but I don't see how its any worse than what you can see on TV, the internet, movies, billboards/anywhere that people advertise.

Sorry Frankie, but it's modern life.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Love that the Mod has a bikini girl as the AV! Awesome, I think this is now case closed. A dark day for ATS decency!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Girls in bikini's on ATS? Nevah!!!!

See the wonderfully gorgeous young lady to the left of my post? Her name is Nicola Robers and she's from the British girlband "Girls Aloud". The photo is taken from their live stage show.

But maybe you are more familiar with Britney, and Christina, and the Pussycat Dolls? Cheerleaders at the superbowl? American Gladiators? the OC?

The point I'm making is that that kind of image is not unusual in todays society, in fact, its practically observed as the "norm".

I realise its a question of "taste" - of course, but I don't see how its any worse than what you can see on TV, the internet, movies, billboards/anywhere that people advertise.

Sorry Frankie, but it's modern life.

Shes the worst one,what are you thinking?

two very special lines.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I've copied the location of the ad.

Find a hobby

I find it completely inappropriate.

I find it acceptable. Your desire to have this site cater to YOUR
standards is inappropriate.

I think that since this website has people of all ages it should be taken down.

Again, opinion.. I think it's an ad to sell bikini's. Were you sheltered a a kid?

Do you want this ad to represent ATS?

The Ad represents Diva Vilage. No?!
Your shallow, selfish post represents ATS more than a bikini ad.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Personally i do not want those sort of adds, i just come here for the chat and the threads. I would prefer you not to have those adverts.

Not sure how any other male feels, but i oppose it strongly. There is a place for those, and we do not need them here.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

To 'find a hobby'. Classic.

Unfortunately I think this may be his.

Where are you Frank?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by cluckerspud

To 'find a hobby'. Classic.

Unfortunately I think this may be his.