It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(YYSLSC) Non Entry - Wordless Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I can't believe that I am making this confession to you, but I am. I saw him again last night. It was our third meeting in less than a week. I have no idea how it got to this point so fast, but I’ve made up my mind, I love one man deeply and yet I crave, long for, adore and love another. I cannot go on living like this, waking up next to Robert and pretending that all is the same as always has been with us. I wonder if he has notices my absences from our bed at night, he probably wouldn’t, being the sound sleeper that he is, and if he did notice, he hasn’t mentioned anything to me yet. I worry about him you know and I hope you will be there for him. I know that he has always loved you and sees you as a sister. So please my sister, when the time is right and when you think he can handle, please explain to him what I’m about to tell you.

I had no intentions of ever hurting him. When I married Robert, I knew it would be for the rest of my life here on earth. God never blessed us with a child and I always resented that, but now… now my sister, I know it was never meant to be. Shiv showed me, he showed me all the things I wanted to see, he explained it all to me. I understand now. I know why we are here and I know that we won't always be here. I wish I could tell and show you all what I've learned, but Shiv says you and the others are not ready yet.

Now about Shiv, I’ll call him Shiv for the purpose of explaining this to you, but his name is not something we can say or even try to pronounce. His name is to be felt. He is so handsome sis, I know, I know, I was never the one to care about looks, Robert wasn’t the best looking guy, but I loved him, I still love him. But Shiv is beautiful; he is as indescribable as the beauty of dew drops on rose buds. His eyes are like endless oceans in which I only want to get lost in. I’m sorry you’ll never be able to see or meet him sis, you would love him as much as I do now.

We met last Wednesday, it was a warm night and I couldn’t sleep, so as I usually do on those nights, I took a book and cup of tea and headed for that hammock we bought in the Bahamas, you remember that trip right? Just us girls, that was fun, anyways, you know I love that hammock, so I went to get myself cozy and almost had a heart attack. The brightest star I had ever seen was as close to being directly overhead our backyard than any other star I have ever seen. I stood there watching it twinkle for a long time, sometimes it changed colors and then I don’t remember exactly when I went to the hammock and just relaxed. He came to me then, not in the glorious manner that I now know him as but as a prowler. I don’t remember being scared, just curious as he seemed to sniff me out, shyly taking peeks at me from the corner of the house. I watched him, kind of how you watch a shy kitten peek and slowly become more brave, brave enough to come to you lap, and so it was with us. I don’t know the numbers of hours that passed or what was said between us because I don't think words were ever spoken. But when we touched we connected at level that I’ve never connected with another human being before. I have never experienced such pleasure and love before, not even in all the years of marriage with Robert did I feel so right, so good, so needed and so.. I can't think of the words anymore, I'm worse than a schoolgirl and her first crush.

We’ve spent two more nights since together and when he asked last night if I would go with him, I said yes. So sis, I ask you, my only blood relative left, to remember me. Remember me not as the selfish woman who left her husband for promises of love beyond anything earthly possible, but as a woman willing to follow her heart and her dreams, a woman who has finally found her purpose. I know it will be hard for Robert and you to forgive me at first, but time heals all wounds, trust me I KNOW. And I’ll soon be forgotten, but I’ll never forget you, Robert or the people of Earth, I’ll tell everyone I meet in our travels about you all and how wonderful and simple a life we live. Shiv says we’ll meet again for sure, so until then sis, please take care. You probably don't even understand what I might be implying here and sis if you don't, don't worry, it' will all be okay. Remember I know now.

Two torn out notebook pages along with an empty suitcase and a pair of flip flops were found near the hammock of Lucinda and Robert Morrow. Robert Morrow was investigated in the disappearance of his wife Lucinda, but no charges were ever filed and the missing person case remains open to this day.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
WOW! In IMHO you sound very weak and shallow.

You have made a commitment to Robert and have an unspoken commitment to your "sis".

Yet you are about to put a huge emotional burden on both of them so you can chase a "fling".

Go splash some water on your face and wake up. Romance is no excuse to emotionally devistate the ones that love you.

You give woman and humans in general a bad name.

PS. You might want to see the Doc I think it is time to have your Meds adjusted.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by deepred

You realized this is in the short story forum and a work of fiction right?

thanks for the insight into my character's flaws though, I'm sure I'll her to ask her MD for some stronger meds

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
reply to post by deepred

You realized this is in the short story forum and a work of fiction right?

thanks for the insight into my character's flaws though, I'm sure I'll her to ask her MD for some stronger meds

Yes I understand, I still felt that some type of response was required.

I have a burning dislike of your character, which is a compliment to the author.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Flying off with an alien is so 'out of character' for humans, but 'bang on' for the contest. It's a pity your story isn't to be entered.

Well written, ww.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by deepred

thank you

I thought of choosing the earthly husband and regular love over alien love, but what if what the alien shows you or enlightens you so profoundly that you could no longer be satisfied with earthly pleasures... my character takes that route..

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This girl can not run away with E.T, she'd be outcast where ever this thing took her, she wouldn't be sad about that but how could this E.T live knowing he has the most ugly or most beautiful woman in his crazy E.T world?

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

But what if Lucinda was the only human on earth who was as beautiful as the aliens are?

*visions of the throngs on Mt Olympus*

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
reply to post by deepred

thank you

I thought of choosing the earthly husband and regular love over alien love, but what if what the alien shows you or enlightens you so profoundly that you could no longer be satisfied with earthly pleasures... my character takes that route..

Perhapse your character willin the end make the very difficult decision to sacrifice herself and keep her commitments because she has become enlightend

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
And what if this was just a ploy by the aliens to abduct Lucinda and have a willing victim for nefarious experiments
She could be under their control, implanted from the first visit, made to believe she went willingly!

Oh No! I'm never going to get to sleep tonight. Thanks for making writing fun for me again, I truly appreciate the dialogue.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by Pockets

*visions of the throngs on Mt Olympus*

Sorry it's real late for me, Is that some kind of religious talk or something?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Robert lay still and quiet in a bed that had recently become too large, cold and empty, a bed that had seen love and laughter, moments of intense emotion and a great deal of blissful animal lust.

A sense of panic was working hard to surface, a feeling akin to drowning, Robert knew that if he was not careful a dark evil would take hold of him from below and pull him under, into a sea of black painful emotion, a sea that would not be so kind as to drown him and take his life, but rather strip him of his very soul and leave him without the will to live....

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I really liked this WW. What an interesting concept. Keep up the good work!

As a sidenote: I think it would add a bit more to the ending if you removed some of the allusions to Shiv being extra terrestrial in the third paragraph. I picked up right away that he wasn't human, as a reader it would have been more of an impact if I didn't know until the very end or came out of the story still not knowing.

Again I really enjoyed it and keep writing! You've got a wonderful style.

[edit on 9/1/2009 by Scurvy]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
ww..i loved it.
i'm glad you handle criticism well.
personally, i try to follow the old school rule-
if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all....
sheesh.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by deepred

Robert had a strange dream that night. Lucinda had come to him on a silver chariot, she had shown him wondrous things. She had stretched her arms to him, urging him to come to her, but everytime her fingers were almost in his grasp, the chariot wavered and drew her further away. Many times they attempted to connect and every time they failed. Robert grew weary in the dream and Lucinda grew agitated, they tried until neither no longer raised their arms. It was at that moment that Robert had awoken from his dream, noting what seemed like hours had just occurred in less than five minutes of napping.

thanks for the comments

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I really appreciated your ability to convey a rather raw emotional state. Very nice, worldwatcher. Personally I wouldn't see much need to add anything more. The tone of the story is set by the style as a letter. I think there only needs to be that perspective to get across what needs to. Just my opinion of course.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Excellent story WW, I really enjoyed the concept. definitely unique and beautiful. I felt the character's struggle with her decision. Cool narrative at the end sort of tied things together! Please don't change a thing.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
thank you for the comments
and no worries, I've already immersed myself in writing a longer story... stalker/maybe murderer... I haven't decided yet..

top topics

join