It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the bias AGAINST Hip Hop?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish
sorry for the short reply but rap blows. the whole east coast vs west cosdt thing. gold grills. crunk juice....there are so many things wrong with rap. i remember being young and everyone thinking it was a fad that was gonna go away. boy were they wrong. they(the rappers) have turned themselves into moguls and now head up empires. something rockers didn't do

Rap/Hip Hop is not my favorite genre by a long shot.

Lil Wayne is a trend and so will the next person. There have been plenty of suggestions - but to find some good hip hop that suits yourself you have to find what fits you.

It is like saying I hate rock because I do not like Elvis...Elvis is the king of such but I do not stereotype a whole type of music off of one person.

I'm just trying to get some of you to explore and open up...yes, the majority listen to Lil Wayne but go beyond that fool.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

i just don't like the genere though. i don't like manufactured beats behind the spoken word. just my taste

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

i just don't like the genere though. i don't like manufactured beats behind the spoken word. just my taste

I can respect that. I am not the biggest fan of country. To slow for me.

It is just the general stereotype its only about drugs etc that make me tick

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Don't say that bias against Hip-Hop is not racist. It could very well be racist. I noticed at least one stereotypical comment in here already.
Closeted racist is the worst type of racist.

Like one person said: just because you don't like Evis doesn't mean all Rock music sucks.

If you judge Hip-Hop music based on people like Lil' Wayne and alike, then you have no credibility whatsoever. Period.

It's like saying, "Oh Punk music? I don't like it, I heard Avril Lavigne once and she sounded too pop for me".
:|
See? table can turn both ways.

If you don't like the 'lyrics over the beat' it's because you have a narrow perception. You like only the music you grew up with. That's understandable but kind of sad to be honest.

Try Abstract Hip-Hop, Progressive Hip-Hop, Glitch-Hop or Turntablism subgenres of Hip-Hop. Maybe they will be more to your liking. Otherwise, keep listening to Coldplay and ACDC.

Besides, do you realize how simplistic most rock songs are? Lines are soo simple and they repeat a lot. Try analyzing the lyrics of Rakim, KRS-One, Nas, or Chuck D and you'll blow your mind (probably not because you have the immunity, no offense intended).

Tell me that Hip-Hop sucks after listening to these:
Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, Run DMC, Tupac, Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Dj Shadow, Kid Koala, DJ Qbert, Wu-Tang Clan, Cypress Hill, Mos Def, Common, K-Os, Pete Rock and CL Smooth ...etc

Open your mind for Christ's sake, what are you 13?

- Spincat

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join