It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe this aint such a bad idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I hate to back Bush on anything but you got to admit if he was trying to use Iraq as a lightining rod to draw terrorists and other enemies into a area to fight a more or less pitched war on SOMEONE ELSES real estate he is not doing a bad job of it.

I was against the war to begin with and wished we had not invaded Iraq, but since we are already here That is the stratgy I would use at this point.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I hate to back Bush on anything but you got to admit if he was trying to use Iraq as a lightining rod to draw terrorists and other enemies into a area to fight a more or less pitched war on SOMEONE ELSES real estate he is not doing a bad job of it.

I was against the war to begin with and wished we had not invaded Iraq, but since we are already here That is the stratgy I would use at this point.

I agree with you, but I don't think he's that smart.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wow, different take I hadn't even thought of. That's a remarkably good idea, if that's what we're doing. And just because you don't think Bush was smart enough to come up with the idea, Slayer, doesn't mean someone on his administration couldn't!

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's nice to see a liberal admit that Bush may be doing something right

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

no no no you don't understand. He has created more terrorists with his actions, not drawn them into the area. Although there are a few Al Queda in the area the overwhelming amount of new terrorists are a direct result of Bushes actions.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
or it may be that we played right into the terrorists hands by going there and becoming fodder for there maniacal kamikaze like zealotry way of fighting.

it didnt seem to draw the likes of the al qaeda in the spain bombings to that country to be destroyed by the worlds greatest fighting force though, did it ?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

A liberal?

You got to be kidding.

Thats the thing about being a Libertarian The Reps call you a lib and the dems call you a con.

How many Liberals are for no gun laws, no taxes, no welfare, etc?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith

no no no you don't understand. He has created more terrorists with his actions, not drawn them into the area. Although there are a few Al Queda in the area the overwhelming amount of new terrorists are a direct result of Bushes actions.

I dont buy that they hated us any way. I doubt this CREATED ANY terrorists, it might decided a few fence sitters but thats it.

I think this is just lancing a boil.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Amuk dude. I am getting my battle axe out and going over to support my clan when they charge the rival stronghold of Fallujah.. I look over and see my oldest son throwing two grenades through a window as a man in with a dark beard aims his AK 47 at my youngest. As he beads down the on him, I throw my axe and crush his skull!

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Amuk dude. I am getting my battle axe out and going over to support my clan when they charge the rival stronghold of Fallujah.. I look over and see my oldest son throwing two grenades through a window as a man in with a dark beard aims his AK 47 at my youngest. As he beads down the on him, I throw my axe and crush his skull!

ROTFLMAO

When it comes down to the wire you got to support your clan or your worthless

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Just now figuring this out? It's simple really. Do we want to fight them here or over there? Over there is better. They are used to it.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Bush said just yesterday that theese people hate freedom ...
who the hell is buying this line of bull any way thats what id like to know ?
is that why 9/11 happened?
is that why we went into iraq to clear out all the freedom hating iraqis??
and when does dubya stop insulting the intelligence or americans??
and i hate stereotyping of liberal or conservative or left or right but if you had to call me anything id guess id be liberal and i do stand for all those things that you said what liberals would support theese things .....no gun laws etc......

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound

Just now figuring this out? It's simple really. Do we want to fight them here or over there? Over there is better. They are used to it.

I thought opf it a long time ago I just didnt think our mighty leader was that smart and still doubt it.

I am just saying that to leave now would be stupid.

We are now, for better or worse, in the right place at the right time with the right people and we should take advantage of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A Leader doesn't have to be smart as long as he listens to smart people. I've always thought Dick Chaney was running that show anyway.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
A Leader doesn't have to be smart as long as he listens to smart people. I've always thought Dick Chaney was running that show anyway.

I have doubts that this was the game plan all along, I could be wrong, it wouldnt be the first time, but we have been handed the chance of a lifetime one way or the other

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You've simply bought into a Bush Apologist's line of "cover your @ss".
There is no "strategy" in place to "draw" terrorists out. Terrorists are concerned with terror; right now on Iraqi soil, the US has near sole ownership of terrorizing the populace....the main objective of terror.
Terrorists don't fight conventional warfare.
The other falshood you're not recognizing is that these are not terrorist doing the bulk of the fighting to begin with....they're Iraqis, and some are secular Iraqis to boot.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
To start with I have not bought into anything I stated I did not think this was the plan to begin with, I just think it a good idea now that we are there.

I think bush is an idiot personaly but you could not ask for a better oportunity than this.

A lot of them may be Iraqis but there are a lot of outsiders among them too.

I dont care if you call them terrorists or freedom fighters or little cute bunnies the one thing they have in common is they like to kill Americans and although as I have said before I was against this in the start while we got them in one spot......what the hell.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Wow, different take I hadn't even thought of. That's a remarkably good idea, if that's what we're doing. And just because you don't think Bush was smart enough to come up with the idea, Slayer, doesn't mean someone on his administration couldn't!

I was joking around just to let you know.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

A liberal?

You got to be kidding.

That's the thing about being a Libertarian The Reps call you a lib and the dems call you a con.

All "conservatives" throw that word around as if they have no unearthly idea what it even means.
Anyone who doesn't agree with them completely, is a "Liberal".

[Edited on 4-7-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

A liberal?

You got to be kidding.

That's the thing about being a Libertarian The Reps call you a lib and the dems call you a con.

All "conservatives" throw that word around as if they have no unearthly idea what it even means.
Anyone who doesn't agree with them completely, is a "Liberal".

[Edited on 4-7-2004 by Satyr]

Whats wild I was being accused of being a conservitive at the SAME time on another thread

top topics

<<   2 >>

join