It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Safe Areas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hello this thread is to discuss possible safe havens should there be an evacuation of any kind in light of the recent earthquake activity in Yellowstone.

Also keep in mind that this may vary depending on what area you are posting from but the purpose of this thread is to find areas that may be suitable should such an event occur.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Found a site with some helpful information:

www.secretsofsurvival.com...

Okay, How Do I Really Protect Myself? Alright, let’s get to the nitty-gritty on surviving a volcano. Before an Eruption Occurs: Discover whether there are volcanic hazards in the area likely to affect you. If you live in an active volcanic zone, always assume that you may have to deal with the effects of an eruption. If you live in an area that could experience a lava flow during a volcanic eruption, know a quick route to safe ground. Listen to authorities regarding volcanic activity. If vulcanologists agree that a life-threatening eruption is likely to take place, a Civil Defense Emergency will be declared and the danger area evacuated. Listen to your radio or TV for information and follow civil defense advice. During an Eruption: Save water in your bath, basin, containers or cylinders at an early stage - supplies may become polluted. Stay indoors with your pets as much as possible. Wear mask and goggles if you go outside, to keep volcanic ash out of your eyes and lungs. Keep gutters and roof clear of heavy deposits of ash, which can collapse the roof. Take your outdoor clothing off before entering a building - volcanic ash is difficult to get rid of. Take your Getaway Kit with you if you have to leave. Turn electricity and gas off at the mains. If you turn gas off, have a professional check for leaks in case of damage before turning gas on again. Keep below ridge lines in hilly terrain - the hills will offer some protection from flying volcanic debris. DON’T Go sightseeing! DON’T Leave home unless advised to by the Civil Defense.Text

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i think the best thing a person can do living in the usa is to put their head between their knees to kiss their ass goodbye.

in such an event the living might despise the dead.
im in iowa on the mississippi river. the effect on my zone is up in the air but i think my death if a supervocano erupted would be something like my lungs cementing themselves together.

i will fight to live until that happens. i dont think id make it far enough away from my current area to chance leaving.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i guess it's all going to depend on how hard and how high the thing really blows (if it blows).

you could get anything from a silent fart, that would only take out anyone/thing that just happened to be unlucky enough to be standing next to it; to a full blown projectile vomit that just might affect the whole world. (and all variances in between)

if it's the later ... i'm glad i live where i do!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I live in Ontario Canada... I don't know what kind of effect we would experience here, but I'm sure that if Yellowstone caldera erupted, we'd all be screwed. In a 2012 book I read, it mentioned Yellowstone and said the whole world would be effected badly if it erupted... so...

I'm going to buy some bottled water and canned goods just in case something happens... but pray to God that nothing does! |

Eek...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Here's the Ash Fallout Map for a 600 mile radius

[edit on 2-1-2009 by violet]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Thanks for posting all.

Bump!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I live just on the west edge of the projected ash fall should the worst case scenario happen.

As long as this baby isn't triggered in the process...

pubs.usgs.gov...

I suppose I could head over to the coast and put my lips right down to the water for some fresh air...until the plume makes it around the world once.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
We are at about the 500 mile mark, west south west of Yellowstone. For us it all depends on the jet stream as to the ash fall out. If it blows bad then we will hook up the camp trailer and head west north west to Gold Beach Oregon, with the extra gas I have on hand we can make it without needing to buy gas. Once there hope for a ship for the southern hemisphere. If not its been a great life.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It appears I'm in a safe zone,but how long will anything be safe once the ashes come down,I read they found ash from last eruption there in Florida,and that can't be good

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Dude... If Yellowstone goes in the worst way possible (fingers crossed it never does in your lifetime) I would suggest Canada, or somewhere south America.

Actually for all round safety go for somewhere that is financially independent from the USA and on the other side of the planet... Even then you might see US forces knocking on the door looking for resources.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If the Yellowstone caldera does blow there won't be anywhere safe. It won't matter where you live, only how much money and power you wield.

It truly will be a case of "dogs and cats living together"...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Does anyone know what if any effect it would have on Australia, specifically Brisbane?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivzm
Does anyone know what if any effect it would have on Australia, specifically Brisbane?

There should be no direct affect but the general global effect of a drop in temp could affect rain and weather patterns for decades, the reduction in sunlight getting down to earth should cause doughts across the world according to some sources, others say the extra mico fine particles in the air will cause more rain !!, Either way a buggered up climate is likely.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I feel obliged to reiterate what I said earlier. Nowhere is safe from this baby.

There may be relatively safe, meteorologically speaking, areas to survive. However, politically these areas will come under enormous strain from those trying to escape the fall-out zones and the world's population will become unsustainable at current levels.

Daft as it initially sounds a heavily armed fuel tanker stocked to the gills with supplies moored somewhere in the Southern oceans is probably your safest bet.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Hello this thread is to discuss possible safe havens should there be an evacuation of any kind in light of the recent earthquake activity in Yellowstone.

Also keep in mind that this may vary depending on what area you are posting from but the purpose of this thread is to find areas that may be suitable should such an event occur.

A lot would depend on who you want to believe, when and if the SHTF as to regards Yellowstone.

Some would have you believe that it is the end of the world as we know it, others say that outside of the USA will be okay and yet others again are inbetween ...... take your pick.

The truth of the matter IMO, is no-one really knows what will happen should Yellowstone blow. Will it be the full monty of the whole caldera blowing? or will it just be a part of it blowing?. These questions will be answered once Yellowstone blows.

IMO, I am glad I personally have a large ocean between me and Yellowstone and then some more sea surrounding my Island.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Ash would travel much like nuclear fallout.
The ash map will give a general idea of the fall pattern, but it is likely to be a flattened ellipse that follows an easterly path.

Here is a .PDF link for a modeled eruption:
www.mpimet.mpg.de...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If Yelllowstone goes there are no 'safe areas'. The entire world would be severely effected. Last time it went, humanoid life on this planet almost went extinct.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
We should all be paying attention to the stars on this matter. Think of where other planets are in the universe and how their gravitaional forces might affect the earth.

On July 22 there will be a full solar eclipse. I found out about this by counting back around 1,280 days from December 21, 2012. not sure how accurately I counted though, but the date definitely stuck out. Take a look at the list of full solar eclipses.

en.wikipedia.org... Lists of eclipses
Antiquity · 20th century · 21st century · Eclipses seen from China / from the United Kingdom

Individual eclipses
Mursili's eclipse · Assyrian eclipse · Battle of Halys · Crucifixion eclipse · 11 August 1999 · 21 June 2001 · 4 December 2002 · 23 November 2003 · 19 April 2004 · 8 April 2005 · 3 October 2005 · 29 March 2006 · 1 August 2008 · 22 July 2009 · 11 July 2010 · November 13, 2012 · November 3, 2013 · March 20, 2015 · March 9, 2016 · August 21, 2017 · July 2, 2019 · December 14, 2020 · December 4, 2021 · April 20, 2023 · April 8, 2024 · August 12, 2026 · August 2, 2027 · July 22, 2028

www.hermit.org...

[edit on 5-1-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If anything is going to happen im going to iceland

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join