It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Travolta's son dies at age 16

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

John Travolta's son dies at age 16

news.bbc.co.uk

The teenage son of American actor John Travolta has died suddenly while on a family holiday in the Bahamas.

The actor's lawyer, Michael Ossi, said Jett Travolta, who was 16, suffered a seizure, and attempts to revive him at the scene failed.

The family were staying in a property in the grounds of the Old Bahama Bay Hotel on Grand Bahama Island.

Jett, who had a history of seizures, was the eldest child of Travolta and his actress wife, Kelly Preston.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is a tragedy. There is also information that Jett suffered from Kawasaki Syndrome but that he was 'detoxed' as a way of treating it so that the treatment fell in line with their beliefs in scientololgy.

I'm surprised they are allowing an autoposy as I thought that was against scientology views.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Travolta family during this tragic time.

Jemison

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Very sad news. Nothing worse than losing a child.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Although this is a very sad story and any parent would sympathies with Mr Travolta. What I find even sadder is that, throughout the war in Iraq I personally have never known the BBC to mention even one name of any of the thousands of children that have been killed there.

This can only lead me to believe that in the eyes of the MSM the lives of some children are of greater value than others.

My condolences to Mr Travolta and his family.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
my thoughts are with that family too today and i hope they can get some comfort from their faith.

my thoughts are also with the families and children caught up in the horrifying events unfolding in the middle east too though.

these are not good times.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is so sad. I guess he must of had a seizure in the bathroom and fell and hit his head.

I can only imagine what the family is going through.

I forgot they were scientologists.

I hope they didn't avoid any necessary treatments.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Forgive me for a sick joke, but didnt his father state that his son was "stayin' alive...stayin' alive...ha-ha-ha-ha...stayin' aliiiii-iiiiive"?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Taikonaut

two lines

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I am just in shock. I have always loved Jett and just knew he would do good things in life. Wow, I am so very sorry for the whole family. What a terrible loss. My prayers are with them.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Dude that was a very sick joke you act like one sad bastard, no doubt the xtians would forgive you but if it were me and my child you were taking the piss out of I'd crucify you.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is truly sad news. I heard it here on the local news. I have met and dealt with the Travolta family on a couple of occasions, including Jett. They were nothing but truly nice people. They have a home here in Ocala, Fl. I have never heard any of them speak of scientology and at this point don't care...a child's loss is a child's loss. No matter whether it is reported in the news or not. My heart goes out to all parents of the lost.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Why should i feel compassion to the death of a MSM reported death of a 'celebrites' child whilst thare are hundreds of unreported deaths of impoverished Gazan children over the last week?

What makes Jett's death so special but the deaths of the poor and impoverished not so?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hollywood Hollywood Hollywood.
Do I care?? NO
Why? Well I have my own life to worry about.
Travolta is cool and i hope he stays cool but lets leave this to People magazine.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

how do you know about them if they're "unreported"?

and no you don't have to feel any compassion over Jett's death, plenty of others wouldn't either. it's just really rude to make a joke about it.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__llh
how do you know about them if they're "unreported"?
it's just really rude to make a joke about it.

If you don't laugh, you'll cry...thats just my way of dealing with stuff

Are you telling you have NEVER laughed at a sick joke?

BTW all we have is numbers of dead children in Gaza...no names, no family history...nothing! do you feel the pain of compassion for them? I sure do

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Taikonaut]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Should i be sad?
Many die everyday so why should his death receive attention , i really dont understand you people , every single time a famous or someone related to someone famous dies , comments like "this is very sad" pop up , and im pretty sure you guys dont care about it , but you still tell it.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The loss of any child is tragic.

Sadly, John Travolta belonged to a dangerous cult and it is well established that his son was subject to "medical treatments" designed by the cult. I wonder if his sons life would have been longer if he had genuine medical treatment for his affliction?

Galactic overlord Xenu did nothing to make the life of this child any better, and John should be ashamed of himself.

You can learn more about the dangers of the cult and those have suffered because of it, at these two websites:
Why are they dead?

What Ex Scientology kids have to say about the cult

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Seems like something that should be left to Entertainment Tonight to report on. Or a tabloid.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

Glad you said that!!!

Picking my nose equals 2 lines

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taikonaut
reply to post by moocowman

Why should i feel compassion to the death of a MSM reported death of a 'celebrites' child whilst thare are hundreds of unreported deaths of impoverished Gazan children over the last week?

What makes Jett's death so special but the deaths of the poor and impoverished not so?

Dude I think i made my position of MSM reporting a death of a child placing a value on one life above another quite clear in my first post.

No one asked you to show any compassion but to mock the death of a child regardless of it's name deserves a kicking in my book. Normally i don't respond like a twat and obviously you've never grieved a child,give it up.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by moocowman]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join