It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant's free antibiotics program met with praise, concerns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Giant's free antibiotics program met with praise, concerns

www.baltimoreexaminer.com

Giant Food pharmacies will fill antibiotic prescriptions for free this winter amid tough economic times for their customers, the company announced this week.
"This was our way to say, 'We hear you, we understand what you are going through and we don't want you to be without something you need,' " said Robin Michel, executive vice president and general manager of Landover-based Giant.
Through March 21, pharmacies will offer up to 14-day supplies of 36 varieties of common antibiotics, such as erythromycin, amoxicillin and penicillin.
The program www.giantfood.com/antibiotics was launched as a response to customers telling their pharmacists they were struggling to make ends meet, Michel said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Again, Mike Moore and the whole wolrd leads the way while the US tamely follows along.........im sure they will end up telling us that thinking of "each other" in the social sense of the term was ALWAYS their idea......

Again, Mike Moore and the whole wolrd leads the way while the US tamely follows along.........im sure they will end up telling us that thinking of "each other" in the social sense of the term was ALWAYS their idea......

www.baltimoreexaminer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Really I doubt it has anything to do with times being hard for customers but more a way to draw more customers their way.

What I mean is that Schnucks here has been doing the free oral antibiotics for over a year now. Just after Wal-Mart announced the $1 generics basically. Think about it like this, if you get people to come in and get their prescription they will most likely buy other things.

Most of the time when a person goes in for antibiotics they will get tissues or some other medicine or even other pain relievers. People don’t want to drive all over to get things when they can get them all in one spot. Sacrifice a little money here to make more there sort of marketing. Works all the time convenience stores are built on this theory. Those stores make little money on the fuel they sell but they make big money on the fountain sodas and other things they mark up on the inside.

Raist

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I got this information from a very reliable source deep within the government. Hear me now and believe me later.

Too bad these aren't real drugs that the consumers want, but are the new batch of mind control drugs to be tested on the economically disadvantaged!

The next thing you know, everyone will be lining up to get their "Free bar-code tattoos" and then their free "genetic alterations"

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
No big surprise... these are the common generics only that Kroger & Walmart and I am sure a few others are filling for $4.

Small price to pay to hopefully get both your prescription and grocery business.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Everybody sure this isn't a fancy way of testing new 'generic' antibiotics (or virus's contained within) on a low buget population? I don't know why that popped into my head.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I can tell you that Publix Supermarkets let's their employees have free antibiotics with prescripts. Also has lowered prices to help keep thier sheeple working...lol( yes I am one of those Publix Sheelpe)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

Haha that’s a real CT way of thinking.

I would bet it is safe, well as safe as anything the drug companies make that is.

My wife and son both used the free antibiotics from the local store here early 2008. I have seen no ill signs in either of them. My son is progressing very well in his learning in fact he is a few years ahead in some areas and only a little behind in others. As for my wife well she is always the way she is but I still love her.

Raist

new topics

top topics

join