It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we irreparably weakened the human race...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
We certainly diversivied the human race, even with the 'bad' genes being perpetuated at the moment. But who knows, tomorrow a disease could spread that attacks healty kidneys and only the ones having some kind of kidney-failure/mutation will survive it. That one just saved the human race. Nobody knows what tomorrow may bring.

Although i do agree that there should not be a sign warning against every little glaringly obvious thing.

Sometimes it just makes me want to do just the thing that is being warned against so if you read that someone put himself into a life-size microwave, drinking scalding hot coffee while putting a fork into a wallsocket and drinking terpentine while smoking. You know it was me, flipping out.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I wouldn't say we have irreparably weakened the human race (yet any way) and I defiantly see where your going with this. Star and flag for you sir

I would say we have irreversibly changed ourselves though, not completely for the worse I would like to add. I look at it like this, we have largely taken our own evolution into our own hands, and still now we don't totally and universally understand the consequences and the enormity of doing that. But were learning slowly - and it's a pretty interesting ride wouldn't you say?

I reckon we'll be ok so long as there is at the very least a small minority of vocal and level headed people who let their kids climb trees and cross the road, kids need to know how to behave near traffic, you cannot learn that at a desk, or watching from the back seat of a nice safe Range Rover on the 2 minute daily drive to and from school.

Hopefully in the next few generations we will continue to approach enlightenment towards such things, the foundations have been laid by previous ones. It's an interesting little period in our development right now (but I would bet every generation has thought that of their own!) growing pains if you like.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Oh and by the way, at the moment you may have an influx of poeple that will not survive in a hostile enviroment but the ones that are perfectly healthy are still here. The moment that the top layer of fit humans degenerate we have a cause for concern but as long as that is not the case nothing is irreparable. So i think we will be just fine.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I worry about our society. I really do. As a parent and as someone who steps aside and watch life go by. I cannot believe how idiotic it has gotten when I glance down at my coffee to see a WARNING! CONTENTS MAY BE HOT... Don't jump off ladder... Don't drive car blindfolded (OK, I made that one up).

But are we only condoning the sue crazy members of society to win here of are we allowing any and everyone to literally dumb down?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Worry not
in a few years they will surely make some kind of the "brain crutches". The equipment for quick and foolproof implanting ...no brain no pain... )

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I think nature's doing fine without our help. I mean, how much control do we really have over evolutionary changes? Maybe we just need to remember that we're not only on earth but that we are earth. She made us. We didn't make her. Nature will find a way. She always does.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Meh. I don't know. I sort of like all those yellow stickers on my step ladder. I can pretend I'm climbing into a fighter jet when I muck out the gutters.

Thank you, lawyers everywhere, for hours of harmless fantasy.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
Evolution points forward with the hand of time, but have we stopped our evolution or hindered it by allowing too many of the weaker of our species to survive?

I friend brought this up with me a few years ago, and it was a very interesting discussion. Although I have a son who was born disabled and can see the humane side, having the weaker die soon so only the strong breed has been nature's way of evolving for millions of years. And it's only very recently we have put a stop to it.

Maybe that's part of the reason why they want everyone's DNA on file. They know our genetics are going to be in trouble in the future and are looking for ways around it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So you think humans are weaker compared to our ancestors.
Heh take away electricity and protection from the people and you will see how survival instinct kick's in.
We can adapt to any environment,you can watch someone get killed right in front of you and still sleep(sure youl have a few nightmares but you will be ok).
They want your DNA so they can track you not to preserve the human race.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join