It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media now is asking for a bailout...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Each state local news papers are now going to try and ask for a bail out from Washington D.C

I can't believe this??? I really would love to ask washington D.C for my bailout... syaing I want to start a company but because of this economy I can't get to own a company with expenses high so I need a bail out else it will effect your economy evenmore.

Keep an eye on the news for any thing about this media bailout...

Just right now a starting process. It should make the news when it gets to the floor of congress.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I just lost my job 5 days ago out of the blue. No warnings, no signs. I need a bailout. Seriously. I cannot produce without a job and cannot pay taxes and will be a burden on the rest of society. With a bailout I could start my own company and create jobs....

I should just print out leaflets and claim I am part of the media.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by SuperSecretSquirrel]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

I built a go-cart with my daughter. I'm thinking of building another one and becoming an "auto-maker". Just got to get it done before rent's due so I can get my bailout money in time...

Anyway, would the OP be so kind as to post a link?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hmm, I could loan out all my money with no reserves and claim that I am part of the banking industry to get a bailout!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
No fricking way!!!!!!! Thats unreal!

Any links to a source?

[edit on 2-1-2009 by dangleb3rry]

Edit... Ok i found this link for starters!

hotair.com...

[edit on 2-1-2009 by dangleb3rry]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Sorry I forgot to post a link. I am kinda really upset hearing this. I mean it's now an offical joke.

If you lost a job. For Me I am in college going for a major in accounting. The tuition just doubled again. I used to pay for 4 classes about 400 bucks now it's 800 just for classes not for books.

I know programming and hardware engineering due to having hobbies and reading engineering books from libraries. So my dream is to make a company. I am seeing these bailout as jokes cause I can walk in Washington and play my game. Give a reasonable ecuse and put pressure on congress to pass it saying we need to hurry up.

Here is the link to read the whole story:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

It's about newspapers only not like cnn or big media giants.

It's in the talks. Meaning they are going to ask Washington. You will see this topic get hot as the days go by getting closer for congress answer.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by computerwiz32]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Here is the Reuters link

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I too would like to see a link. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they tried but I don't think it would fly. The people/Government can not keep outdated or unwanted services in business or everyone can get a bailout...

The newspapers aren't dying off because of the economy nor is it because of people don't have money to buy newspapers. It is simply people don't want newspapers in this green and wireless high-tech society. Newspapers have been diving for a long time and that is because people prefer the web for news or the hundreds of possible cable channels. For this reason I don't think they could sell a bailout plan to the senate or house. Besides the fewer the news sources the less the government has to do to control the news so I think it would be hard to sell it to control freaks in D.C..

I fully expect the next bailout cries will come from telecommunications companies and this too will be because people are less apt to use their technology. People today use email, messaging and cell phones today and many have Cable Internet so they are less apt to have a home landline and this hurts the baby bells and telecomms. But they too wouldn't deserve a bailout for the same reasons as the newspapers don't, their product is outdated and the market shows no demand for that product for reasons other than financial inability by the consumer.

I fully expect the next bailout to be to we the people again in the form of economic stimulus plan that Barrack has. This bailout too is a bad idea and it costs more than it is worth to anyone, even the poor. This kind of everyone bailout causes our currency to be worth less and makes our buying power poorer at current trade deficit rates. I don't think it will stimulate spending either because most people will pay off bills with what is sure to be a pittance in the scope of a families yearly budget. I don't know if those morons in D.C. are doing this because they actually believe they can borrow themselves out of debt or they know what the crippling long term effects have been from borrowing from the International Bankers have been and actually seek our economic destruction for some other reason. North American Currency comes to mind instantly.

I will comment on the newspapers thing more if a link is provided, as I said in a long winded way, the next bailout is OURS.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What do you guys think of this???

will it get passed???

Should we just go out and bailout everyone? Or just bailout people who own a huge company???

Well happy new years. I guess all whats on ATS about 2009 and north american union we will get to see this year.

So this year will be an exciting year. We have lots of problems to start this new year.

A bad economy and bush leaving office... That's one positive news

top topics

join