It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Falls Twice????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What do you all think about this subject?

It is a common belief that Satan was cast out of heaven thousands of years ago and reigns in hell.
But if you read Revelations you will see that one of the major events in that book is Satan being thrown out of heaven and woe to the people on earth as Satans time is short. Revelations is a book that gets more and more intense as it goes on, the whole 666 thing wouldnt happen if Satan wasnt thrown out first. So it begs the question, what is the truth and where exactly is Satan? Heres my 2 cents. I believe that Satan is not in hell but in the Earth and that he makes trips to heaven on a regular basis. I base this on the fact that firstly heaven has been divided in the bible into different layers or parts, namely first heaven, second and third heaven. Now Satan is the Prince of this World and the Prince of the Power of the Air. So Satan has power over the atmosphere. His hardly in hell then.

I think the Devil has power and control over the systems of the world....BUT he also accuses Christans and religious people in front of God in Heaven. Satan is the original lawyer...thats one of the best ways to describe him. He is the number one prosecutor of every human being. I think the devil spends time on earth over his kingdoms and in heaven as an advocate against mankind, listing their faults and accusing them to the very face of the Father of all creation, God.

Thats why in Revelations it says that Satan has been cast out THAT GREAT ACCUSER OF THE BREATHERN.

Also in Daniel it says that "at that time the prince of isreal will stand up" this correlates to Micheal the ArchAngel standing up and throwing Satan out of heaven as it is recorded in Revelations. This has not happend yet.

It is a major event and when it happens the world will go up five degrees of intensity and calamity. Because Satan will know that his time is short as he no longer has access to heaven to accuse Gods people.

Satan was thrown out in the very beginning before the creation of the Earth as he rebelled against God. But I think very little is known about the REAL truth around lucifer, seeings as he is the father of all lies. But there are points in the bible that support my claim. For example I think in Zecharia it mentions Joshua in heaven all dirty (a symbol of his sin) and Satan about to accuse him before God, then Jesus steps in and says he has taken away his sin, something like "surely this is a stick plucked out of the fire!!" Its in the bible there somewhere.

Anyway what do u all think? Satan still has access to heaven at the moment in my opinon and when things start to accelarate and get really harsh thats more than likey the time that Micheal has kicked Satans ass outta there.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is actually a book by Darek Prince, Spiritual Warfare which talks a lot about this. He's got passages from scripture supporting all of it as well. I'd recomend it, it's a great read! I'll post more here when I get home and have more info at my fingertips

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
My theory is that Satan is held back by God at the moment. Think of it as God placing His arm in front of Satan and only allowing so much power on earth. Right now Satan is in a pre-hell....hades.....Satan's kingdom before the final kingdom that is still hellish but not hell. Satan and his demonic (fallen angel) horde can have limited access to us on earth that is censored by God, but a time is coming when God will allow Satan to have complete dominion over all the earth (tribulation period of 7 years). No longer will God hold back Satan and his horde, but they will have dominion to rule as God hands the world over to them. This is the time when the anti-Christ (Satan in the flesh) will be ruler and deciever. Then after the 7 years of horrible trials Christ will return in all His glory and splendor and He will once and for all banish Satan to his final resting place (the lake of fire and Satan's final kingdom) and heaven will then come to the renewed earth (God's final kingdom). I guess you can think of the heaven and hell of right now as temporary kingdoms. You see, Satan desired a kingdom greater than God's and he believed if he could rule a kingdom it could be greater than God's. All God did was give Satan up to his prideful desire of having a kingdom seperate from God and what he got was total seperation from God which in turn was total seperation from good (nothing is good aside from God so when Satan was given his kingdom seperate from God it turned out to be completely evil).........it didn't turn out as Satan expected. So right now Satan has his kingdom but not in the final form just like God has his kingdom but not in its final form.

Sorry no time for scripture references.......class in 15 min.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugman5999
My theory is that Satan is held back by God at the moment. Think of it as God placing His arm in front of Satan and only allowing so much power on earth.

Job actually supports that. Satan had to ask God for permission to go after Job, and God only allowed him (Satan) to do certain things. He (God) put restrictions on Satans activities, and Satan obeyed. It's also interesting to note that when Satan showed up at the Throne, God didn't cast him out or anything, but asked "What are you doing here?" Then listened to what the Father of Lies had to say.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Satan is 'the negative force' in our world as all human beings thoughts have either a negative or positive impact on life as we know it. Remember, prayer works because of belief, so then it must also work for the opposite which would be 'disbelief' if you disbelieve enough could it also happen? We all seem to have some type of power over our world created from our electrical positive influence, or negative depending on which you dwell on most.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Satan�s only domain right now is here on Earth. The Book of Revelation includes visions of the past, present and future.

This verse in the Book of Revelation is reference to a past event: �And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels going forth to war with the dragon; and the dragon warred and his angels; And they prevailed not, neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast down, the old serpent, he that is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world; he was cast down to the earth, and his angels were cast down with him.� Revelation 12:7-9

The Bible makes it clear that there are two great wars. The first war, The War in Heaven, is already over and probably occurred sometime shortly after creation. The second war, The War for Souls, is being fought right now and will end with the rise and fall of the Anti-Christ and his everlasting imprisonment in Hell with all of the other devils and evil spirits in Revelation 20:11-15.

God made Adam, the first man, without sin but Satan tempted Adam to sin in the Garden of Eden. When Jesus Christ comes to earth, (Jesus is sometimes called the second Adam) Satan is there to tempt him also, but this time Satan fails and from that point on Jesus gains control over Satan and starts casting out demons. This is also where the Christian belief comes from that people who believe in Jesus and preach the words of Jesus have the ability to cast out demons and evil spirits in Christ�s name.

After Satan is cast out of Heaven the Bible says this: �Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.�

This passage is debated to be symbolic of a couple different visions�

1. The �Dragon� is Satan, The �Woman� is Israel and the �Man Child� is mankind.

2. The Dragon is Satan, the Woman is Eve, and the Man Child are Eve�s offspring � mankind.

2. The �Dragon� is Satan, the Woman is Mary and the Man Child is Jesus. This is the most acceptable Christian conclusion because the entire Book of Revelation is about the return of Jesus Christ and how he defeats Satan. The following passage is also a clue: �and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.� Revelation 12:5 There has been only one man child who was destined to rule all nations and who was finally caught up to God's throne � Jesus Christ. Also, when Mary was pregnant Herod, the Roman king, tried to put all the boy babies to death in Judea in an attempt to destroy the Christ child.

Junglejake brought up the Bible story of Job, but a couple of things are wrong.

Satan is just kind of hanging out at the time and it is actually God who suggests that Satan tempt Job.

�Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?� JOB 1:6-8

God�s statement peeks Satan�s interest in Job. Satan basically says, �Look God, Job loves and worships you because you have blessed him with every worldly desire � the man has everything he could ever want. If I take away Job�s earthly pleasures he will curse your name.� God says, �Go for it Satan, but you will fail.� (Of course, I�m paraphrasing the conversation)

The only restriction that God makes is that Satan cannot kill Job. �And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand.� JOB 1:12

To answer a question, no I do not believe that Satan has access to Heaven and never will at this point. That war is over. The next battle between Satan�s armies and God�s armies will be fought here on Earth.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Satan was cast out of heaven (the presence of God), in the tribulation he will be confined to earth and cannot enter any level of heaven. There are many parts of heaven. Remember Abel is under the throne beseeching God. The Book of Enoch was not added to our bible when they were deliberating on which books to put in. Yet Jesus and Jude quote from his book. This book goes into detail about the fallen angels and also about the many divisions of heaven...it's very scary when you read about the part where the souls of unbelievers go.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthStrgnrThanFiction

I have a question that puzzles me and I am looking for the correct response and it is "We know GOD is perfect thier is no doubt, but if God created the angels of heaven and they being created by perfection how could they fall? does that not mean that Lucifer, and his followers were created with flaws? And in the kingdom of GOD how could Lucifer and the angels fall if evil did not exist, if it did than who created evil?

Floyd A Martin
[email protected]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I believe that the case of Satan and Lucifer has been adjudicated and they are no more. In any case after Jesus arrival in Earth and his resurrection and bestowal of the Spirit of Truth, they had no power over us.

I have a question that puzzles me and I am looking for the correct response and it is "We know GOD is perfect thier is no doubt, but if God created the angels of heaven and they being created by perfection how could they fall? does that not mean that Lucifer, and his followers were created with flaws? And in the kingdom of GOD how could Lucifer and the angels fall if evil did not exist, if it did than who created evil?

Lucifer and Satan were not perfect, but were magnificent personalities. Lucifer was blinded by his own magnificence and became self-indulgent and deceitful, thinking that his rebellion would actually be for the better. As he progressed with his plans, he completely lost it and became sinful. It is a pity, because he was given the opportunity to repent, but he refused; he shut off himself from all mercy given to him...

Here you can read about the Lucifer rebellion: paper 53 paper 54

Alexandros

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

top topics

join