It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safest place in from nuclear plants in America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone would know where the safest place (if there would even be one) to go to in the event should all the nuclear plants in America fail? Just curious I guess.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CleverName

The back seats of the flight, just dont mention it infront of airport staff.... Oh wrong thread! lol

Seriously if you meen they fail as in just stop working you will be perfectly safe anywhere. The radioactive material is housed in the chamber which is safely sealed so you dont have to worry as it wont go anywhere. BUT

If it fails as in a meltdown then you are best researching the Chernobyl incident that was back in the 80's or 90's. That whole city is still uninhabitable and will be for a long long time.

Personally i would worry about what they do with the depleted uranium from the waste material...... They lace .50 cal rounds with it as well as many other types of munitions. Its for extra boom!

There is a thread i posted here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

About how National guard have been pulled from New Jersey nuclear plants... Scary! Especialy if you live in NJ! Because them scary phantom terrorists may steal some!

[edit on 2-1-2009 by dangleb3rry]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Fail in what way?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If you're talking about a meltdown then unless you live fairly close you don't really have to worry about the primary effects. The air quality could be screwed up all over the place though - I'd say high ground would give the cleanest air as all radioisotopes you would expect in a meltdown are 'heavier than air' so would have a propensity to be found lower down the further from the source you go.

I think if you're out of state don't worry, if your in the same state, I'd probably consider moving. I wouldn't want to be breathing in that crap.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I would say the western side of the Oregon Cascades should be fairly safe. That is until the fallout makes its way around the earth.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Yeah - although it'll only come around if the 'meltdown' is really explosive - it ins't necessarily and even something as simple as the concrete domey thing can mean that blast doesn't necessarily go up towards the jet stream.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Believe it or not but Hoover Dam near Las Vegas, Nevada seems to be the safest for long lasting power if america's infrastructure were to collapse.
They had a special on the history channel detailing what would happen if mankind were to fade off the face of the earth all of a sudden.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MREALE
Believe it or not but Hoover Dam near Las Vegas, Nevada seems to be the safest for long lasting power if america's infrastructure were to collapse.
They had a special on the history channel detailing what would happen if mankind were to fade off the face of the earth all of a sudden.

I saw that too and that is why I was wandering about my question. Where would the safest place be in the event that would render nuclear plants employee less and unmanned? I see that they could run themselves for a short time but eventually I would think they would go critical. They have a map at www.insc.anl.gov... which shows plant sites, but I wonder with weather patterns and such which place would be safe from fallout. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join