It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation Warning! - Yellowstone National Park (Non Official)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by Realtruth

Is there a link to the 3D magma flow? If the magma is indeed rising, then are we privvy to that information? I would find this so much more credible if we could see this for ourselves.

I agree with you. Could this be some geologist looking for attention? I sure hope not, because causing panic like this would be twisted on a very large scale.

I think the people here on ATS will certainly email this person, as I will to see what his motives are and look for additional information, facts, and data.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
I just talked to a relative who is a Geologist who did confirm that since there is nothing listed on the usgs site about an evacuation that the page this warning is on is bogus.
This thread should be closed.

I totally agree. But its still open. The ATS Staff are aware of this thread. Its in their hands. Atleast they did add the non-official thing to it.

[edit on 1/2/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

If you were unsure of that guy, then why did you even post a thread showing what he said, and with the title you gave it? Or are you backpeddling now? Just curious.

The time for more research, data and facts...comes BEFORE a post like your first 2. Not after.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I would also feel if this geologist issued a bogus warning her should suffer the consequences of his actions.

Legal and professionally.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Alright, I just pulled up THIS map hisz.rsoe.hu... and they are showing some sort of hazmat alert in Washington State.
Anybody know what that is about?

Actually, that isn't the map. That is the report linked to from THIS site hisz.rsoe.hu... ... The link came from Raist, one page back.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

Agreed, it should be something more than that. But it isn't and peoples automatic dismissal of anything that goes against the standard belief system is upsetting to me. I suppose I should regain my calm and agree it could be nothing. But, I would rather be safe than sorry.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Although the earthquake swarm continues, according to the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory, the volcano alert level remains normal. And a slew of larger earthquakes have occurred throughout the western U.S., Alaska, Puerto Rico and even Pennsylvania in the past week without incident, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
In recent years, Yellowstone's caldera has been rising thanks to uplifting magma beneath it—leading to more cracks, hot springs and even more frequent eruptions of Steamboat Geysers. Paired with the earthquakes, such magma movement might presage an eruption—either big or small. Unfortunately, scientists can't really predict when the next such eruption will happen, and the range of possibilities is large: from later today to a million years from now.

How will we know if we should start worrying? The real warning signs will be rapid changes in the shape of the ground as well as volcanic gases leaking from the ground, neither of which have been sighted—yet.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I would also feel if this geologist issued a bogus warning her should suffer the consequences of his actions.

Legal and professionally.

Then maybe someone should report his actions to the proper authorities. You need to realize, some people who see a "headline" like what you posted, will become very upset and scared. Thats my whole issue with this thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
Yeah, but this is just a private geologist. Nothing official, ....yet.

Hopefully, there's nothing to worry about. It's good to keep an eye on developments in the other thread, though.

Even if they knew 100 percent that it was going to erupt, they would not issue a warning.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Alright, I just pulled up THIS map hisz.rsoe.hu... and they are showing some sort of hazmat alert in Washington State.
Anybody know what that is about?

Actually, that isn't the map. That is the report linked to from THIS site hisz.rsoe.hu... ... The link came from Raist, one page back.

Seven Spokane Fire Department trucks and hazardous materials crews were sent to a commercial building Friday morning after an entire roof collapse resulted in the threat of a gas leak. Assistant Chief Brian Schaeffer said businesses housed in the strip mall were Futon Visions, Added Touch Framing and Donuts to Go. Firefighters were also called Friday morning to the Spokane Hardware Supply Inc. on a partially collapsed roof. No injuries were reported.)

No big deal

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Real Truth, great post, no matter if the guy is a fraud or not! I would rather be forwarned of a falsehood, than ignorant of an actually catastrophic event. At least I have the option to get ready, versus being caught with my pants down around my ankles! My Motto is: "Hope for the best and prepare for the Worst!"

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter

If you were unsure of that guy, then why did you even post a thread showing what he said, and with the title you gave it? Or are you backpeddling now? Just curious.

Backpedaling?

What on earth are you speaking of?

This was a geologist that issued a clear out warning for Yellowstone National park, be it non official there are many people here on ATS that have families in that area. People here deserved to know.

This is a conspiracy site, and any one that post someone on the net we pick it apart.

We are here to "Deny Ignorance" and with that we post what we find on the net and allow ATS members to pick it apart, be it real or bogus.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Thats right, no one would issue a warning. Because chances are, by the time they realize whats happening, there will be no time.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by greshnik

You are absolutely right. We ARE seeing signs of the possibility of such a thing to occur. But in order to sound an actual warning, you would need to see impending threats. Sudden upheaval of land, so on and so forth.

This is something for anyone interested to keep on top of. It isn't something people should overtly worry about. I am by no means a volcanologist, however I would be willing to wager that if you asked one the odds of a worldwide catastrophic volcano erupting at ANY TIME, he would say that they are small.

And with good reason. Reason being you simply CANNOT create panic such as this unless you are ABSOLUTELY SURE something is about to happen.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Kinda like the way Bush responded to Katrina !!!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GrooveCat

Doss is the Yellowstone geologist. Which means he would know better than anyone what is happening there.

I don't know how they could have understood the probability of something like this happening (seeing the signs and ignoring them) and never took steps before to put a evacuation/emergency plan together until now.

This is something that will have an effect on everyone. Perhaps now people will pay more attention to the survival threads.

A real serious problem (shaking my head).

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by greshnik

....Reason being you simply CANNOT create panic such as this unless you are ABSOLUTELY SURE something is about to happen.

RealTruth -

Jay beat me to the answer. Thats totally the reason NOT to post this thread the way you did. Especially that title.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Thanks for the quick answer.

That's all I wanted to say.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I am actually stuck on what to think.
Yes things are happening at Yellowstone but to what if anything will it lead to?
It maybe crying wolf and it might not be.
As tough as it can get in deciding when thinking it over.
If I were in a position of knowing and through my own beliefs could not if asked to,withhold what could be about to happen.I think the choice in todays world in letting people know would be through a medium as You tube.
For my daughter I am going with plenty of years left for her to grow up and live.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i don't really have a problem with this thread and at least the more studious among us have pointed out some possible conflicts of interests c sanders may have.

i do have a problem with this thread/alert being likened to blossom goodchild or the web-bots. that lot seem to pull their predictions out of thin air where-as in yellowstone there IS activity that is unusual and slightly alarming.

the "officials" may keep reporting there's no cause for alarm but really ... if there's not ... why are they all there?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join