It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation Warning! - Yellowstone National Park (Non Official)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Dantes Peak!!! Been thinking about this movie ever since YellowStone talk began.

Originally posted by SeenAndNeverHeard
Well, it sounds like one of those disaster movies where they don't listen to the guy who knows what he is talking about until its too late and thousands or more people die.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Didn't mean to be patronizing. Just stating probably what the government is thinking. I mean some people you give'em news that something horrible is about to happen an their reaction would be " Okey, this is what we have to do, let's do it." calmly. Other people you give'em the same news and it's " Oh my God, Oh my God!!!!" an revert to a savage mind-set.
But we all know the truth of the matter, if something major were to happen I think the governments throughtout the world would keep it to themselves for as long as they could. (Personally I'd rather know, but that"s me) The only way you'll really know if something is to happen is if the NET suddenly stops working and that'll be the government shutting it down.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
SO WHAT IF WE PANIC???!!!

You have obviously never seen people panic if you say that

Remember that disco fire where the panic trapped people inside?

Remember the soccer game where people were trampled to death?

Can you imagine the grid lock and accidents caused by people trying to get out of the city... running to ...where exactly?

What possible difference would it make to 'allow' the people, who fund the policy and dicision makers, who fund the universities, who fund the scientists, who fund the world, the courtesy of knowing when a potential extinction event is looming?

Very simple... the PTB need time to get to their bunkers in case the SHTF and having a mass panic in progress would make that difficult.... THEY may get caught in the grid lock...

The only possible reason i can see, would be the SOBs are worried we may get in their way, when they are running for cover into deep UG / US bases, funded i might add, by you know who!

oops... you answered your own question... it is your job to work, pay taxes and die... that is all... I mean you DID know we are a slave race?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I believe it was in Houston that they decided they would not give out warning for evacuation if at all possible because the last time they did more people died while trying to evacuate then would have if they stayed.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
DEBUNKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.usgs.gov...

No Yellowstone Evacuation Warning Issued
Released: 1/8/2009 11:39:14 AM

The USGS is not affiliated with a web site that recommends evacuation of Yellowstone National Park and bears the USGS logo. The USGS is not recommending the evacuation of the Park.

Officials at the USGS are working through the appropriate legal channels to have both the warning and logo removed from the web site...........

[edit on 1/8/09 by stikkinikki]

I guess this dudes gonna get some government legal action on his keister for using the USGS logo and pretending to know what he was talking about.

[edit on 1/8/09 by stikkinikki]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Has anyone read this article?
This is getting more interesting by the second.

www.radionetherlands.nl...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromtheheart66
Dantes Peak!!! Been thinking about this movie ever since YellowStone talk began.

Yes good example... especially how the lake became acid...

I knew a miner in Canada who drilled into a pocket that was filled with natural sulphuric acid.... got all over him... luckily it wasn't full strength.

Sulfuric acid is formed when sulfur dioxide SO₂ dissolves in water. SO₂ is a common gas around volcanoes ... smells like rotten eggs (because rotten eggs give off SO₂

Sulfur is a Yellow Stone hence the name of the Park

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That could mean to things,

One...

He was wrong all along...

Or...

The government is trying to hide it up, silencing the people who are warning us, and keeping panic from the nation.

Im just saying..

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

KEWL!!!!!!

So an 'official' government agency is telling you is all okay... despite keeping records of events 'out of public site'

NICE ONE...

But yeah the guy is toast... never use someones logo without a disclaimer of affiliation AND permission. Its fine a s a link but that disclaimer will keep your pocket book safe...

At this point they could bring charges like they would if you yelled FIRE in a crowded theater... unless of course there really WAS a fire...

[edit on 8-1-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by stikkinikki

KEWL!!!!!!

So an 'official' government agency is telling you is all okay... despite keeping records of events 'out of public site'

NICE ONE...

But yeah the guy is toast... never use someones logo without a disclaimer of affiliation AND permission. Its fine a s a link but that disclaimer will keep your pocket book safe...

At this point they could bring charges like they would if you yelled FIRE in a crowded theater... unless of course there really WAS a fire...

I happen to think the USGS is a pretty darn good outfit. If there is something to happen and it were somehow stiffled from above the gossip would fly around Reston, Virginia and be on the internet within an hour.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
did anyone pay attention to the number of earthquakes in the yellowstone area i posted above? did you access the link? i think this would lend some credence to the probably of an erruption. so much for wasted time in posting.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
did anyone pay attention to the number of earthquakes in the yellowstone area i posted above? did you access the link? i think this would lend some credence to the probably of an erruption. so much for wasted time in posting.

How about you provide a link or pay me for "wasted time" in surfing for it? Volcanoes are so cool and Yellowstone is fantastic. I've been to Yellowstone and Mount St. Helens several times and have great respect for the almost unfathomable power underneath the Earth.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
He will be toasted for alot more than just using the official USGS logo I can assure you. My FBI contacts in both Denver and Houston told me they are also looking into charges of giving out a false evac warning causing a major problem in both the USGS and FEMA offices with floods of phone calls and emails.

As I said days ago, the guy is a flake, no collaborating official geologists in his little "look at me" video, and is a complete fraud.

Hope this is a good lesson to everyone that you cannot rely on un-offical sources, especially youtube videos!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

on page 29 of this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... at 5:43PM i posted a link if you would care to take a look and read but i will provide it again so to make things a little easier for you and not waste your time reading the entire thread.

On 04.01.2009 at 05:38 GMT+2On 04.01.2009 at 05:38 GMT+2 At 11:32 this morning, a 3.5 magnitude earthquake was reported 38 miles east southeast of West Yellowstone, Mont., in Yellowstone National Park — the latest in a swarm of earthquakes that has hit the area in the past week. The 3.5 tremor was followed this afternoon by a 3.2 magnitude quake at 12:40 p.m. and a 3.0 temblor at 1:15 p.m. The swarm of more than 500 tremors is the largest series of back-to-back quakes to hit the area in years, according to scientists. Today's quakes came on the heels of a series of tremors on New Year's Day, including a 3.0 at 6:30 p.m. and a 3.1 at 6:21 p.m. "The December 2008 earthquake sequence is the most intense in this area for some years," said the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory. "No damage has been reported within Yellowstone National Park, nor would any be expected from earthquakes of this size." According to the observatory, Yellowstone seismicity increased significantly in December because of what it described as an "energetic earthquake swarm" that began Dec. 27. The swarm is occurring beneath the northern part of Yellowstone Lake in the park. The largest of the quakes, according to the observatory, was a magnitude 3.9 at 10:15 p.m. on Dec. 27. Some of the larger earthquakes have been felt by park employees and guests, according to the observatory. The observatory was created as a partnership of the U.S. Geological Survey, Yellowstone National Park and the University of Utah. It monitors long-term volcanic and earthquake activity in the Yellowstone National Park region.

Scientists are closely monitoring more than 250 small earthquakes that have occurred in Yellowstone National Park since Friday. Swarms of small earthquakes happen frequently in Yellowstone. But Robert Smith, a professor of geophysics at the University of Utah, says it's very unusual to have so many over several days. The largest tremor was Saturday and measured magnitude 3.8. Smith says it's hard to say what might be causing the tremors but notes that Yellowstone is very geologically active. An active volcano there last erupted 70,000 years ago. )
visz.rsoe.hu...

i certainly wouldn't pay you to research; that would be a waste of money and time.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by musselwhite]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Thats exactly whats going to happen. My FBI contacts in Denver and in Houston told me this yesterday. But I was told not to mention it anywhere until they made their official move.

This should be a very good lesson to those who rely so much on youtube and myspace for information....it is not reliable.

Trust the official sites first.

Sorry mods, but my browser logged me out so ignore that annonymous post. That was me.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
This should be a very good lesson to those who rely so much on youtube and myspace for information....it is not reliable.
Trust the official sites first.

Ah yes FBI crackdown on youtubers and websites... so who is next? People who post warnings and predictions mongering fear at ATS and other forums?

My FBI contacts in Denver and in Houston told me this yesterday. But I was told not to mention it anywhere until they made their official move.

So.... you FBI contacts told you to keep quiet until they make their move? How FASCINATING... fron TWO cities no less... you must be highly placed

I wonder if this same silence would apply if you knew they were coming down on ATS?

Just wondering out loud... don't mind me...

On the other hand... this 'revelation' BEFORE they made their move kinda puts you on the same footing as all those others at ATS who 'know someone that knows something'

./

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I would be the last to know that one...the owners probably would have heads up to that before me.

But why would they come down on ATS or any youtube or myspace site if they arent illegally using official government logos or posting false evac messages of the calibur like Sanders did?

Big difference there.

But if you want to test their resolve...be my guest.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here is a change of heart and warning, another non official warning. Mr Sanders verbiage has changed considerably for Yellowstone.

Let's have a look and compare the 1st to the 5th. It went from 200 miles to now a 100 miles and poisonous gases were added, because of pre warning signs, but no explanations why.

So where does his credibility stand?

Update time = Thu Jan 5, 2009 at 3:29 a.m.

Posted by geologist C.C. Sanders on January 5, 2009.

"I am informing all State officials around Yellowstone National Park for a potential State of Emergency. In the last week over 252 earthquakes have been observed by the USGS. All of the pre warning signs for poisonous gasses to escape from underneath the parks lakes are present. - I want everyone to leave Yellowstone National Park for 100 miles around the volcano caldera because of the danger in poisonous gasses that can escape from the hundreds of recent earthquakes. These poisonous gasses that can escape from underneath the lake present even more of a potential problem because of the super volcano."

Code - Yellow

Originally posted by Realtruth

Update time = Thu Jan 1 19:31:44 UTC 2009

Posted by geologist Christopher C. Sanders on January 1, 2009.

"I am advising all State officials around Yellowstone National Park for a potential State of Emergency. In the last week over 300 earthquakes have been observed by the USGS. We have a 3D view on the movement of magma rising underground. We have all of the pre warning signs of a major eruption from a super volcano. - I want everyone to leave Yellowstone National Park and for 200 miles around the volcano caldera."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Title changed to include "Non Official" to reflect the warning is from a private geologist and not a "Official Government Spokesperson".

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well what Sanders wants is irrelevant. I want a billion bucks but that wont be acknowledged by anyone so what makes it any different to Sanders want?

Not one thing.

I think he needs to go back to his oil patch work and let the experts in this particular field make the recomendations IMO.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

But we all know the truth of the matter, if something major were to happen I think the governments throughtout the world would keep it to themselves for as long as they could. (Personally I'd rather know, but that"s me) The only way you'll really know if something is to happen is if the NET suddenly stops working and that'll be the government shutting it down.

Why would you think this? What in the world would they gain by saying nothing about a possibly erupting volcano? You think they want MORE deaths and cleanup? More aid for those who didn't evacuate?

I think if the government was told that Event X was going to occur without any shadow of a doubt, they'd react immediately. Why people think our government is some evil entity that wants everyone dead or suffering just baffles me.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35 >>

join