It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation Warning! - Yellowstone National Park (Non Official)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm not too worried, this kind of earthquake activity is not too unusual. I'll wait until we start getting frequent earthquakes in the 4 - 5 magnitude range. Another thing to keep an eye on is the rate of uplift, if it picks up significantly then we should be worried.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
good friday evening fellow conspiracy theorists

I've never contributed before but I don't think anyone linked this yet

www.time.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I thought the big eruption is for a 600 mile radius, not 200 miles. Going up as far as Edmonton, as far west as almost Vancouver, dependng on which way it blows. Denver is included in this area of devastation btw. From looking at a map I saw, I live just on the edge or even inside of this area affected.

Do you think they would warn us or do we have to depend on geologists speaking out? I reallly don't know whether this is just fearmongering or a real possibility. Either way until I hear these experts say they know for sure this new seismic activity means nothing, whch they haven't thus far, I'm not taking any chances. However if it blew, the Sun would be blotted out for about 2 years and animals and vegation would die off and world hunger would only be one factor to deal with as far as survival goes.

There's a map circulating, showing the states that would be wiped out from a big eruption and the areas shown match up to another map that shows areas that no humans can inhabit in another scenario that has been foretold (IF this is accurate). It's said that on the outer edge of this no human area would be buffer zones, then outside of that, zones where humans can live. The areas where no human may enter would be reserved for vegetation, wildlife etc.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I was reading the time.com article posted earlier, and it made me think. At the end it talked about bison and other animals foraging around in the area.

I think it might be a safe conslusion to guess that the animals might be acting strangely if something were really amiss.

I dont know if this was discussed in the other thread or not, but is there anyone who can comment on the animals at Yellowstone? maybe someone who knows a ranger up there?

another thing, that guy was really dramatic in the youtube video, it seems like hes trying to get a spot on a discovery channel documentary or something.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by vaticinus

I added it to the other thread, others may have as well. It's hard to keep up with all the new posts
I don't think it hurts to repeat things anyways, for those of us who miss posts.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Completely agreed, if it doesn't happen, thank god and we'll keep kicking. Isn't there an old saying. OH YEAH! Better safe than sorry is not something that should be completely forgot. This could potentially turn out like a well played dantes peak rerun. We told ya but you didn't listen and in all reality would our government let us in on a evacuation warning or wait until the last minute to avoid embarassment and ultimately have more people dead because of it. It happens all too frequently and I would listen and inform family. Chance favors the prepared mind and sometimes its best to take the necessary precautions and be prepared, it may save your life someday. I'd would rather be wrong than right but sometimes, sometimes the crazies are right.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't know what's going on in Yellowstone, nor will I pretend to know. The only thing I can say is that according to an article I read, there were only roughly 1,200 earthquakes near the park last year.

Since December 26th, there have been over 400. That's nearly 1/3 of the amount of earthquakes that took place all of last year, all happening within one weeks time.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcatsrule

Would they change the color status if they were concerned or simply sneak them and their own families out? In reality assuming the government is controlling the shots on something like this, they would do everything in their power to avoid panic and would that include acknowledging a state of emergency? Assuming 9/11 was planned were we told about it before hand?
This is how I lean and who the hell knows these days. I guess we'll see.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO OBSERVATORY MONTHLY UPDATE
Thursday, January 1, 2009 07:57 MST (Thursday, January 1, 2009 14:57 UTC)

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO (CAVW#1205-01-)
44.43°N 110.67°W, Summit Elevation 9203 ft (2805 m)
Volcano Alert Level: NORMAL
Aviation Color Code: GREEN

SOURCE
volcanoes.usgs.gov...

link   
I'll admit that I saw the headline on this post, but have not read all three pages...but I thought I'd chime in anyway.

Saw a very interesting documentary on the Science Channel about two months ago, regarding the possibility of a 'Super Volcano' that exists, potentially, beneath the Yellowstone Park region.

Thing is---IF this thing 'blows', there is simply NOTHING that Humans can do. We cannot stop it, we can only react. Of course, the recent tremblers may be an indication of a good sign of some 'strain relief', indicating (hopefully) that a HUGE eruption has been put off for some more centuries to come....

link   
oh come on every one knows we can trust out government

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

what did you do just copy my post ? look on page 2

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
i am in DENVER, so I am already evacuated...good. Now I need oatmeal, top ramen, and some tortillas. Should be safe for a while. Let me know how everyone else does.

I remember seeing a documentary on the Discovery Channel on this a couple of years back and also a mega disaster show. But like many on here have said, if it was really something scary and bound to happen the warning would have been put out everywhere and the evacs would have started.

I think maybe this guy that put this out may have jumped to soon, he might be talking to his boss sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
I'll wait until we start getting frequent earthquakes in the 4 - 5 magnitude range. Another thing to keep an eye on is the rate of uplift, if it picks up significantly then we should be worried.

Have you ever lived through a 4. or higher I have and its not fun and yeah that would be a sign to Run!

My question is why wait? Run now all the people who say ahh it's not a real danger reminds me of that old fart back in the day who when asked if as going to evacuate Mt Saint Helen he said no.

And that was the last anybody ever saw of him...

The End

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Good lord (sigh),
Already a thread on this. Op doesnt know how to use a search funtion. Big thread with less fear mongering and ALOT of info already going for ONE WHOLE WEEK. Here it is again ATS YELLOWSTONE earthquake swarm thread

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The feeling that something cataclysmic could just happen here is palpable. I certainly hope the worst that happens is something like a gas explosion that's just big enough to allow things to settle again. (I know very little about this field - just expressing my feelings.)

I just thought people might be interested to read some advice on how people should react should something big actually happen:

What to do if Yellowstone Supervolcano Blows

Let's hope it just remains of theoretical interest.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

A geologist has just issued a warning for people to get out in a 200 mile circumference of Yellowstone National Park.

www.worldwidewaterplan.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Realtruth]

This is bogus people. No Goverment Official has issued ANY kind of warning whatsoever. Only take it serious if it comes out as an official Alert either via your local news TV or the Emergency Broadcast System by your local Civil Defense.

MODERATORS: Please do something about this ignorance.

[edit on 1/2/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is a hoax to draw people to Worldwidewaterplan.com.

You will notice the use of the USGS logo illegally on a private retail site. He is just selling his products by creating fear. Don't people do even basic research any more?

The real USGS has the best and most complete information available being translated to useful information by experts on that volcano. To believe this opportunist who is using the name USGS illegally over them is well, naive to say the least.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Great minds work in tandem
It took one look to figure this one out.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
This is a hoax to draw people to Worldwidewaterplan.com.

You will notice the use of the USGS logo illegally on a private retail site. He is just selling his products by creating fear. Don't people do even basic research any more?

The real USGS has the best and most complete information available being translated to useful information by experts on that volcano. To believe this opportunist who is using the name USGS illegally over them is well, naive to say the least.

I agree. The Moderators need to lock this thread, and change the title or maybe even remove it all together.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join