It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents of China milk scandal victims detained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Parents of China milk scandal victims detained

www.newsdaily.com

A group of parents whose children fell ill from drinking tainted Chinese milk have been detained by police apparently trying to block them from holding a news conference, one of the fathers said on Friday.

At least six children have died from kidney stones and more than 290,000 been made ill from the melamine-contaminated milk, battering already dented faith in China-made products and prompting massive recalls around the world.

Tian Wenhua, the 66-year-old former general manager of the now bankrupt Sanlu Group, pleaded guilty on Wednesday to charges of "producing and selling fake or substandard products." She is expected to be sentenced to life imprisonment, the Beijing News said.

One of the fathers, whose 13-month-old son suffers from severe kidney stones, said some parents, including himself, were taken to a labor camp on the outskirts of Beijing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It amazes me that we continue to hear the MSM & our politicians essentially patting China on the back for all the "improvements" they've made to basic human rights, while simultaneously witnessing the Chinese government routinely blame & punish victims of lack of government oversight & planning for speaking out or even aknowledging that mistakes were made by "dear leaders."

China today is the same as China yesterday, except that their dehumanizing actions today are now painted with friendly brush strokes. Yeah, all those bucketloads of debts our government owes China have nothing to do with our softened attitude towards them, riiiight.

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I'd rather get tossed in Chinese labor camp than an American labor camp... these folks here are craaazy!
I'd like to commend them on their "human rights" improvements too, because I'm like totally devoid of any rights at the moment...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I guess that is one way to make the problem go away.

If you cannot stop the companies from producing tainted food, you just make the victims disappear.

How will they make the victims in other countries vanish?

new topics

top topics

join