It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to find a documentary about sound and altered consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I am trying to find a documentary I've seen before and hoping that if I post the contents of the documentary that perhaps someone may have seen it and can provide me with a title so I can go watch it again.

I think I watched it streaming on one of the many video websites out there but just can't remember where.

The documentary started off where two old guys walked into a paleolithic cave I think in France and commented on the great acoustics of the cave and how probably sound was used in there by shamans to induce altered states of consciousness.

Then they went to a burial mound type place in England I think. One of those grassy mounds. They had scientific equipment and measured the sound waves coming from inside the mound where a guy was pounding a hand held drum.

Next, there was an indigenous musical group that went under one of the Mayan temples just outside Mexico City and they performed music in there. Once again the sound and acoustics were studied.

I think there was also a bit where a guy went into the Great Pyramid in Egypt to sing and the singing could be heard outside the pyramid. But not 100% sure on that.

The documentary ended again inside the neolithic cave.

It was a great documentary and discussed how many of the places that we think were burial tombs, were never meant to be for burial and instead they were used as centers to alter states of consciousness for shamanic purposes.

I'm interested in this topic so would appreciate any links.

Have been searching and searching for that documentary and have had no luck.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't know about the documentary, but if you want some links to information regarding sensory-induced changes of conciousness... here you go!

Holotropic Breathwork

General Changes in Conciousness

If you find the documentary, please post it, as the subject is certainly of interest to me

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yes I'll post it as soon as I can get a darn title. It's driving me mad. Have used almost every combo of words that I could think of in Google and in all the streaming vid sites out there.

Thanks for the links!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I finally found it!

video.google.ca...

Enjoy.

new topics

top topics

join