It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Islamist Rockets Can Now Reach Israeli Nuke Facilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Breaking: Islamist Rockets Can Now Reach Israeli Nuke Facilities

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com

For the first time-- Terrorists hit Beersheba with rocket fire from Gaza reaching deeper into Israel than ever before.

Beersheba, a city of 186,000, is 40 kilometers from the Gaza Strip and was thought to be out of reach from rocket fire!
This was a frightening development in the Islamist war against Israel.
What this means is that the Islamic radicals have the ability to reach Beersheba and potentially the town of Dimona and the Israeli nuclear facilities.
The Times Online reported, via Drudge:

There were growing fears in Israel last night that Hamas missiles could threaten its top-secret nuclear facility at Dimona.

Rocket attacks from Gaza have forced Israelis to flee in ever greater numbers and military chiefs have been shaken by the size and sophistication of the militant group’s arsenal.

In Beersheba, until a few days ago a sleepy desert town in southern Israel, there is little sign of the 186,000 inhabitants. Schools are closed and the streets of shuttered shops echo with the howl of sirens warning of incoming rockets.

Israeli planes, meanwhile, began a new stage yesterday in their offensive on Gaza, killing Nizar Rayyan, a senior Hamas official. The one-tonne bomb in Jabaliya is also understood to have killed two of his four wives and four of his twelve children. More than 400 Palestinians have been killed in the six days of Israeli attacks.

...Israeli officials say that Hamas has also acquired dozens of Iranian-made Fajr-3 missiles with an even longer range. Many fear that as the group acquires ever more sophisticated weaponry it is only a matter of time before the nuclear installation at Dimona, 20 miles east of Beersheba, falls within its sights. Dimona houses Israel’s only nuclear reactor and is believed to be where it stores warheads for its nuclear missiles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Maybe this fact is at the heart of Isreals recent attacks on Palestinians. The 20000 Iranians may just trigger an attack on Iran. Was a Powder keg anyway..enter the spark. Russia and China may not be far behind. Pakistan/India volitile. Turkey attacked Kurds in Iraq. All these parties are not known to back down easily.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Interesting that America lies bankrupt amiss all the turmoil in the middle east.

So I guess we should just sit down and watch Armageddon taking place, pop corn anyone?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Hmmmm maybe if they signed the NNPT and didn't have illegal warheads lying around the place they might not be so worried.
Its not just Iranian missiles either, from recent reports some of them have "made in China" written all over them.
but Just like some in the west, they don't care who they sell to as long as the money comes in, but who knows, some of these missiles may just be gifts from a sympathetic nation.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

This article is nothing more than fear mongering. I mean no offense to the original poster of this thread; but the article this thread is based on consists of nothing more than fear mongering.

Think any type of Hamas missle is going to have any damage or effect on anything at the "Nuke facility"? I would like to refer you to this video which I'm sure you've all seen on the internet and Real TV millions of times over:

So basically, these "deadly terrorist Hamas rockets", would be useless in an attack against Israeli nuclear facilities, just as the rockets are useless in attacking civilians in Israel. There's no way a rocket could penetrate the walls of a nuclear power plant.

The only thing that these rocket attacks are accomplishing, are fear mongering tactics on behalf of the Israelis, and more ammunition for the Israeli regime's propaganda machine to entice more hatred, division and misunderstanding towards the Palestinian people.

No innocent civilians should be dying on either side, whether you're Jewish or Muslim. No side should be killing or targeting innocent civilians. Hamas and the Zionist occupiers of Israel (I call them Zionists because it would be insulting to the Jewish faith to compare the people who govern Israel to the millions of good Jewish people on this planet) are both doing this, therefore both should be held accountable. Unfortunately, only one side will end up being held accountable, while the other one will hide behind their big brother, The United States of America.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by matth]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Assuming they could hit a nuclear facility..it doesn't take much to disrupt cause radiation leak or even meltdown assuming they could not control the fission process. I know the rockets aren't exactly bunker busters. Still remember Jurrasic Park..a small amt chaos entering the most stable system results in chaos..

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Assuming they could hit a nuclear facility..it doesn't take much to disrupt cause radiation leak or even meltdown assuming they could not control the fission process. I know the rockets aren't exactly bunker busters. Still remember Jurrasic Park..a small amt chaos entering the most stable system results in chaos..

Well I'm not sure how the parking lots work at that particular nuclear facility, but I supposed if they have outside parking, one of the rockets could blow up an employee's car or something...

I should not be cracking a joke at the serious topic of conversation, but in reality it is impossible for any of those rockets to cause any sort of damage, nuclear or other, to the facility.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So I guess we should just sit down and watch Armageddon taking place, pop corn anyone?

Make mine nachos!

If the facility is secure enough then the rockets will not harm the 'nuke' - which is what we are all probably thinking of in this case. There shouldn't be a nuclear explosion over this.

Shouldn't be.

But I understand why Isreal is concerned. If I'm wrong about the 'shouldn't be' then there could be a very big mess over there.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This article to me is merely spin to perform "damage control" for the atrocities currently taking place over in Gaza. Many a dumb redneck will read this and say "they had it comin to em"

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Flyers, is just to good to be truth, so I guess I go with the propaganda theory, Iran will never dare to attack Israel anyway and Israel safety when it comes to their nuclear weapons is secret and has been secret.

But still Nachos sounds great.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well the Isreali press is certainly a propaganda machine. I like the "damage control" comment. For a ringside seat to Armegeddon I'll take a 12 pack Miller Lite- bottled.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
YOu should source you news sources from the SOURCE and avoid blogs....

Their are certain rules about posting breaking news...

It is still very interesting to me that the Israeli propaganda machine is pumping out Nuclear news... Perhaps a potent into what they plan to do,,,,... maybe try to blame the pals themselves for it happening......

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Duplicate Thread:

Please post all replies to the ongoing discussion.

Ongoing Thread

Thank you

Closing Thread

Semper

top topics

join