It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Moves to Counter China in Space With Pentagon-NASA Link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Obama Moves to Counter China in Space With Pentagon-NASA Link

news.yahoo.com

Jan. 2 (Bloomberg) -- President-elect Barack Obama will probably tear down long-standing barriers between the U.S.’s civilian and military space programs to speed up a mission to the moon amid the prospect of a new space race with China.

Obama’s transition team is considering a collaboration between the Defense Department and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration because military rockets may be cheaper and ready sooner than the space agency’s planned launch vehicle, which isn’t slated to fly until 2015, according to people who’ve discussed the idea with the Obama team.

The potential change comes as Pentagon concerns are rising over China’s space ambitions because of what is perceived as an eventual threat to U.S. defense satellites, the lofty battlefield eyes of the military
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
How cool, wanted to share alot of poeple think Obama is going to be the persident who discolses the UFO/ET information, well I'm not sure of that but from this article, we can tell that this might be the begunning of another space race, more contracts and Ya why not? lets not allow China to beat the U.S back to the moon! who knows only time will tell.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
With the outrageous debt that our country finds itself in, Obama might just be lucky enough to scrape up some spare change to buy NASA some moonpies. Because that is as close to a moon NASA is going to get to. Don't be surprised to see NASA go to the private sector one day.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
wanted to share alot of poeple think Obama is going to be the persident who discolses the UFO/ET information,

Obama doesn't know anything so he can't disclose anything.
He's a temporary employee. He's not 'in the know' of UFO information.
Many presidents in the past - who had better connections then him -
complained about not being told the truth about UFOs. There is no
reason to believe that this tool will know anything or tell anything.

As for the NASA stuff.... Obama has said in the past that he was going to
hit NASA with VAST cuts so as to pay for his education program. Now
he's ready to go to the moon and beyond?
Sorry - but he's a
politician and ya' just can't believe anything he says - ever.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I know this post is going to make me sound extremely naive but I do not understand how the POTUS can be restricted from any information at all!!!! Sad thing is George Bush Sr. is probably the only sitting pres to really know what is going on. It sure makes the assertion that they were going after a stargate or some part of Looking Glass when they went after Iraq the first time and the reason for the farce that sent us there the second time.

I do hope that Podesta can put some friendly pressure on Obama and they can get the PTB to give up this information. Sadly the likelihood of this happening is the same as the tooth fairy leaving me some cash after an extraction.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
since water boarding isn't torture according to bush/cheney---

i would love to kidnap them and waterboard both cheney, bush, and rumsfield to see what they know of disclosure,,, nwo,, and all kind of ruthless crap they probably know

have the fun would be getting their

also---if any of the thgree,,, i bet rumsfield might know something,,, he's been round the block in military circles since i think the 60's,,, so i bet he's the best bet

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Of course this is by no means "groundbreaking" it does sugguest however that Obams's sights are at least in the area of NASA, what will it render? who knows but it's a good step in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Whats new?

NASA will work closely with the Pentagon?

Most of NASA's Personnel come from the armed services anyway, and NASA has launched tons of military equipment in the past.

But maybe this really means we will hopefully see some more exotic black program technology released into the space program this kind of goes with my thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Um ok Am I done?

Is this realy here?
pats the ground makes sure this thread is the real deal

ahhhh ok better.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
With all the fus just a small bump mod to get this one back up.

and clear it from the pack if thats ok

[edit on 3-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I STRONGLY think that the below video is the most important thing to be worried about

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Just a bump, wanted to put this one back out there and hopfuly see more more disscusion on the topic, thanks

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Maybe just hard economics.

There have been problems of duplication of effort by parallel agencies and information not being shared properly.

Not being on top of 9/11 was said the be caused by the lack of co-operation.

So consolidating and streamlining is not so much a break from precedent as a solution to a problem.

The more exotic answer would be that the alien technology from Roswell has been figured out and the US will be implementing it.

MF

top topics

join