It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami Ghosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The latest - Tsunami Ghosts

Older reports -
BBC News
South African News
Eastern Paranormal
New Zealand News

It seems that there are LOTS of reports of ghostly activity due to the mega Tsunami from a few years back. For example - there are reports of a woman ghost walking the beach calling out for her missing child. Reports of a girl child ghost crying for help. Some reports are of people etting cab rides to the airport to go home, but when the cab arrives then the people in back have vanished - ghosts. Other reports of people playing on the beach like they would have been just before the big waves.

I understand that stressful and unexpected deaths are more likely to cause a persons spirit to stay behind - unaware of being dead or somehow stuck in the trauma of the moment. But I'm having trouble reconciling a loving God with this situation - with children being stuck as ghosts like this - with mothers in endless torment looking for their children.

The ghosts and the religious beliefs of the people of these areas hit by the Tsunami are driving business away. Workers in the newly constructed tourist places are reporting ghosts and these business' have a hard time keeping staff.

Anyways, I thought I'd bring this subject to you all and leave this open for discussion.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Interesting theory for sure.

I actually wrote a thesis on the possibility that ghosts may not be conscious on the level that were conscious.
There is theorum to support that ghosts may be trapped energy that repeats said event that was so traumatic it caused the energy to imprint on the timeline. (thus when viewed outside it looks like the "ghost" is just repeating the same thing over and over like a broken film strip)

It's an interesting theory and I implore to check it out and hope it intrests you as much as it did me.

On the God comment.. there was a huuuge thread here a few days ago referring to provining the existence of God/disproval attempts using Bible text. If you can find it check it out, there's some good explanations regarding your comment on the tsunamis and God.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Interesting but of course extremely sad.
The news links provide back up too which always helps.

Will Flag this thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by n1zzzn

I know there are different kinds of ghosts. Some are intelligent and others are imprinted memories playing over and over.

Many of these seem intelligent. Like the woman who is upset and wondering around looking for her child. Or the couple that is off to the airport to go home but disappears in the cab.

It's the kid ones that bother me. The reports are real. But why would a loving father-God allow children to be in continual etherial terror like that?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Alternate timelines bleeding through, along with an energetic resonance is also possible. If time is a concurrent event, then all possibilities are occurring at the same time.
I think people may have to stay for a while in a close astral plane perhaps to prepare for their next step, perhaps a short form of purgatory before moving to a higher dimension. And then again, this may be for the benefit of the living.
We are given clues and signs all the time.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
But why would a loving father-God allow children to be in continual etherial terror like that?

It's a question much like why God would send people to Hell...or maybe that is their Hell? God is loving, but also just. "Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished;" - Exodus 34:7 so we have to trust His judgement is truly right and fair...more than we could ever judge. Some 'ghosts' can be as you say, visual replay of events whereas maybe they're put there to wake people up to the possibility of existence beyond this life. To those who are conscious, well, there's nothing without an alignment in the spiritual realm.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFanIt's the kid ones that bother me. The reports are real. But why would a loving father-God allow children to be in continual etherial terror like that?

Why would a loving god drown tens thousands of children? Why would a loving god leave tends of thousands more behind as orphans?

Kind of odd that the ghost part bothers you, and not the rest of it.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It's the kid ones that bother me. The reports are real. But why would a loving father-God allow children to be in continual etherial terror like that?

It's quite simple really. People in that area are still traumatized over the massive death toll and, as a result, allow their mind and senses to be overridden with superstition. Combine that with whatever cultural factors implore the locals to concoct stories like this and you have a perceived paranormal hotspot.

I have no doubt in my mind that the locals actually believe what they are saying and are not doing it for economic reasons since it is actually causing economic harm. But in reality, the existence of ghosts has absolutely ZERO basis in scientific understanding on so many levels that I can't even begin to mention them all right now, let alone religious factors.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Even though it was meant for Flyers, I'd like to add some context:

Originally posted by Sonya610
Why would a loving god drown tens thousands of children?

Death is a single point in time.

Why would a loving god leave tends of thousands more behind as orphans?

Life is only about 70 years long. Eternity is longer. Much, much longer.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Kind of odd that the ghost part bothers you, and not the rest of it.

Actually I had (have) a major faith-shake with the tsunami.
I saw pictures of children - little children - washed up on the beach.
They had sand-mud coming out their eyes and ears.
Their entire bodies were full of it to the point of coming out their mouths.
I still - when I think about it - am shaken in faith.
I know there is a God. But I don't know if He is Who 'they' have claimed.

How a loving father can allow his little children to die in absolute terror is beyond my understanding. I admit it ... I just don't get it. Some say 'Gods ways aren't our ways'. Well ... all I can say is 'that's for sure'.

I'd never leave my daughter to die in pain and misery and terror like that if I had any way of preventing it.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by n1zzzn

There is theorum to support that ghosts may be trapped energy that repeats said event that was so traumatic it caused the energy to imprint on the timeline. (thus when viewed outside it looks like the "ghost" is just repeating the same thing over and over like a broken film strip)

This is what I believe a lot of ghost sightings to be. The ones that many people over the years have witnessed that describe the ghost in exactly the same spot, doing the same thing.

There are thousands of reports of murder victims walking the room they were killed in or even armies fighting the battle that was to be their last, over and over. I don't think these are actual spirits, as I don't see how or why they would repeat the same thing again and again.

I believe the tremendous amount of emotional energy connected with the deaths, may have left a sort of 'imprint of energy' on the actual location, that may become visible due to certain conditions.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Steel77]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steel77
[I believe the tremendous amount of emotional energy connected with the deaths, may have left a sort of 'imprint of energy' on the actual location, that may become visible due to certain conditions.

There are many reports of spooks at the WTC site in NYC.
Even of phantom twin towers on occassion.
Shanksville has had sightings by the security guards there as well.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

But why would a loving father-God allow children to be in continual etherial terror like that?

It's a question much like why God would send people to Hell...or maybe that is their Hell? . . . [edit on 2-1-2009 by saint4God]

What could be the purpose of children being sent to "hell"?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111
[What could be the purpose of children being sent to "hell"?

THAT is kind of what I was thinking with the child ghost reports.
How can there be child ghosts - intelligent haunting child ghosts?
That would mean that an innocent little childs spirit was stuck here.
Stuck without any way of knowing how to 'move on' so to say.

A hell of sorts.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Fascinating and not surprising. Imo any time there is tragedy and unexpected death, you'll have souls reluctant to move on.

As to your question regarding how a loving god can allow this to happen... I look at it this way.. we are all part of God and eventually we are united back with God, however the time between our many incarnations and physical life, we are the eyes, the ears, the experience that God is perhaps seeking to experience. And while it may look and feel tragic and cruel to us to see innocent people dying all the time, in the whole grand scheme of things, perhaps these experiences in this earthly realm are just a miniscule fraction of what our total whole experience from inception to our return to God is.

I too have a hard time accepting the God of the Bible, Koran or any other holy book as being compassionate when we see what happens on earth on a daily basis and therefore I feel that no man or human has a true understanding or idea of the purpose of God and our role with him.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

How a loving father can allow his little children to die in absolute terror is beyond my understanding. I admit it ... I just don't get it. Some say 'Gods ways aren't our ways'. Well ... all I can say is 'that's for sure'.

Well I do not believe in a fatherly, protective, judgemental God, so I don't have an issue with it. I see God a a force that creates, and as such he creates everything, and humans are the ones that place the moral judgements on it.

But if it makes you feel better a lot of those ghosts could be residual, and just scenes in time repeating themselves.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

I hate to bring a thread "back from the dead" (no pun intended regarding the current topic) but I haven't been able to logon in a few days.

I have to disagree with your comment in regards to scientific theorum to back up the existence of 'ghosts' on any level.
Some quick reading, especially in the field of quantum physics yields much theorum on the subject and has fueled the statements I made earlier regarding such. (Which I can pull and site if I have to.)

Now the counter to the above was it's all theory, which is true. However let's take a moment and look back in time and see what used to be considered stone cold facts. The whole purpose of the science of understanding is to attempt to disprove the current structure, over and over until all that's left in the end is a perfect unflawed theory. Then it's no longer a theory as it becomes the reality of fact. Let us also note that it's possible that the realm of science isn't a completely perfect academia anymore as it seems increasingly likely that political and religious influences are playing a much bigger role in the field.

On a personal note I do have a set of specific religious belief but for the sake of the topic I will leave them out of my discussion.
I need to add that the entire topic regarding paranormal is all relative as well as the sciences that may be used to corroborate or discredit all theory on the topic but I'm always highly interested in shared opinions on the subject regardless if they are in-line with mine.

Edited for spelling

[edit on 5-1-2009 by n1zzzn]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I'd never leave my daughter to die in pain and misery and terror like that if I had any way of preventing it.

That's the thing, God does not leave His children. He's always there for them during life and after death. If you take your child to the hospital for an illness, the shot hurts but it is necessary to get well again...to cure something that makes her better than she was before.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111
What could be the purpose of children being sent to "hell"?

God knows a child's past, present and future. For us, we cannot judge what someone will become. We cannot tell by looking at someone their history. We cannot truly know their heart when they first speak to us. It's a matter of trust. Do you trust God to be fair or do you not?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hi fellas,

First, as i think educated people CAN be able to
entertain a thought without accepting it... watch this:

video.google.com...

Also, be sure to question what is presented here, as
out-of-this-world it may appear:

www.med.wayne.edu...

As from ghosts, in time they will find their way.
There are guides there to help them, so you dont worry.

Hell is here and all the illusions of the 'real world' and
all the irrelevant social programming we are propagating
without questioning to our children and friends;

Check my sigs for my humble opinions and practices.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, but i wish from my heart i knew of
those 2 links when i was 18 or less.

[]´s
RP

top topics

join