It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US politics, India VS Pakistan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
US Wants Mumbai suspects to be tried in Pakistan

Let us take a step back and try to understand what has been happening in this part of the world.
As everyone would be aware by now, the happens of Mumbai are a cruel reality of the world that we live in. No country is spared from this extreme form of terror and there is no win win situation, but more grief for all involved.

The political stance between India and Pakistan has been going on since their seperation and there is no solution to their internal quarrel.

When the initial attacks happened there was a lot of confusion however some points could be raised even then, E. G.

->The attacks was a response of the repression of muslims in india. Quite interesting point, why would they want external parties to assist?
->Keeping in mind the above point, why were westerners targetted?
->Is the growth of india becoming a thron?

The mind games can be mind bogling and there is no end to this complexity.

As all would be aware, the situation has been growing and there is enough proof against pakistan.

The US stance makes me think twice about the feeling it harbours against other citizens of this planet.

Being a spectator of the news of developments I cannot fail to analyse the arrogance of the US power. My question would be what would US do if someone did this in NY? I am sure if Mexico was established as the originator of such a crime, there would be enough pressure to either wage a war or have the culprits handed over to US.

This would be no different a situation with respect to India. It would be novice on my behalf to ignore the fact that there is no extradition treaty between pakistan and india however this is an established clause of involvement by the pakistan government.

With super power comes the responsibility to take tough decisions in the toughest times and making sure to consequencies are thought through and upheld. There is no such evidence today in US politics. It is more on the lines of survival and ensuring what current hold remains.

It is at these tough times, when we look at the powers of the world to make the right decision and unfortunately there is no evidence of this from the world community.

I do hope that there is no war between India and Pakistan but I would not be surprised if it did happen, as it has been almost a month since the events erupted and there has been no response from pakistan.

I do hope wisdom persist with the decision makers and let this not be another learning lesson as history has provided us enough experience to make the right decision.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't usually dip into the sub-continent's political scene, but for the last while now, things have been becoming increasingly interesting.

Recent events in both India (Mumbai) and Pakistan (drones, skirmishes, hellicopters) certainly catch the attention. Now Nawaz Sharif, the most important opposition politician in Pakistan is barred from holding office because of some alleged violation of the criminal law.

In another thread, I wondered if Mr. Sharif was behind the assassination of Benazir Bhutto, since at the time of the assassination, he seemed the most likely one to benefit.

Ms. Bhutto was living in Pakistan in a situation tailor made for murder. She had so many enemies with so much power it's a wonder that she wasn't shot at the bottom of the gangplank at the airport on her return to the country, as Benigno Aquino was when he went back to the Phillipines.

The really interesting thing about the situation for me was that Ms. Butto was surrounded by a curtain of high profile enemies who were taking up all the attention of the public and the press. When she died, people assumed that General Musharraf or one of numerous Taliban associated extremist groups were responsible for her murder.

People didn't really give much thought to the notion that the situation was perfect for a lesser political light (and possibly it's superpower sponsor) to shoot from behind the curtain and to avoid suspicion completely.

As I said, at first I thought Nawaz Sharif was the murderer, but who wound up benefitting?

The Bhuttos have had a very rough time since the death of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto. But as grim as the collision between the military and the Bhuttos may have been, their collision with the Zardaris has been a monumental trainwreck, from the perspective of this outside observer.

People interested in Mr. Zardari should read his bio on Wikipedia, unless it has already been buffed up by those amoral boffins at the CIA. I won't go into details here but the story involves political mischief, the splitting of a great political family, internecene murder and financial corruption.

And now Ali Asif Zardari is on top.

There are people who believe that the US would like to break up Pakistan into a handful of manageable sub-Pakistans. Check Webster Tarpley on this. Mr. Sharif's followers are on the point of taking up arms against Mr. Zardari's followers. Would that advance the US agenda?

I wanted to ask a question of people, hopefully Pakistanis, but also others in these forums, who know the political situation in Pakistan, "Is the above summary accurate?" "Did Mr. Zardari murder his wife?"

[edit on 1-3-2009 by ipsedixit]

new topics

join