It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the question??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Hey there fellow ATS members
"happy new year ect"

What is the question?? I dont mean what is life or anything im asking why we ask!

Why do we ask things? "im on a maths trip again"

Ok so many of you may have seen my other maths posts on here.. but Im starting to get the jist of this odd ball stuff..

We only ask questions becouse its mathamatical! we know the outcome already !! I dont mean to sound crazy in that respect.. but lets use maths!!

Question! "use this as test ect"

What is your name!

Simple aye? now lets add some maths

iF you ask a question you are one.. "thats its sum" one! ok? 1 ect

Now you know there are only 2 outcomes to your question "what you agree with or what you wont"

fact!

Now maybe ifs and buts are all the same.. just one outcome.

What does that mean for us? well it means we are in some way preprogrammed to ASK

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is one strange thread...but I am doing my very best to understand it.
I think you got something to say here, and I will be watching as this (hopefully) evolves into discussion.

I will read it a couple of times more to get it understandable.

My first question however, what kind of math is behind -340 ATS Points

Keep on thinkin'!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

lol I said something i shouldnt have "bad day" lol

But to comment on it.. well the post

Is about why we ask questions "any" question..

Its maths right?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Without questions you can't learn all the little things about life that are not in text books. The only thing that you would learn is what the government deems fit. May I ask you a question? Why did you ask this question? You asked it to see the different outcomes to see different views and takes on your question. Interesting thread I must add.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
How about "trial and error"? No questions involved in that.

Why do you think we are "pre-preprogrammed" to ask?

Why do you write like drunken Yoda?

(sorry, that was really rude, but you need to adjust your grammar. I only get about 50% of what you write, and with such philosophical topic the language needs to be correct for the discussion to thrive. Ok?)

[edit=bad grammar. Oh, the irony of that...
]

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Raud]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
so....we're sort of like binary systems, is that what your saying?

every question has 2 outcomes, either we agree or don't....thats kinda like binary, either a 1 or a 0

but what does it mean?

What about....and this is a bit farfetched...maybe we're all sort of binary code and who we are is how we would answer the questions...with a one or a 0.

So either we're already programmed to answer questions in a certain way....or we're programming ourselves by answering the questions....

How would the asking of questions fit in though? Or are we also providing the conditions and variables of other peoples programmes so geographical cirumstances and the type of people we associate with, and therefore the questions we will get asked also hold sway on our personal binary code?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by owzitgarn

Yep you got it
we are the code of the universe

I know My grammer "drunken yoda" made me laugh lol

But i do try to say what i mean and i come across abit odd but its becouse i study maths alot is how i got this

First it was about odd numbers then that led me onto the cell theory and that led me back to why did i ask in the firstplace if its all maths there must be a reason why i am asking what i am right??

its like something calculated us to ask or something of that nature..

the "question" is mathamatical.. is the point. everything we know and base our understanding on is maths/mathamatics... so can anyone tell me in a mathamatcial way WHY we ask?

And as i said befor WHY is pointless its more about the question itself and what is the outcome of it

Keep posting becouse i want to hear others thoughts right or wrong you know your answer already ; ) befor u even ask it!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Yes i do think we are preproggamed why? well becouse we use maths for a start its a very very logical system of thought patten..

You see what i said there ? "thought patten" Eeven words can be linked to maths we just use them that much we dont bother to ask why?

Maths came befor us its our level of understanding and once we have past this understanding maths will become Nothing more than a lost langugae

Imo

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU
Without questions you can't learn all the little things about life that are not in text books. The only thing that you would learn is what the government deems fit. May I ask you a question? Why did you ask this question? You asked it to see the different outcomes to see different views and takes on your question. Interesting thread I must add.

I didnt ask the question tho.. well i guess i am now but i didnt!! it was becouse i was researching maths.. that led me to ask why we ask..

im questioning Mathamatics itself and using it to answer why we have it and base our life / understanding of the universe on it..

Hope that helps

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Is this limited to humanity only?
What about animals? Are they not part of this "universal infinite equation"?

I think this question you ask is wonderful, strange, disturbing almost...but it has caught my attention and now it won't let go!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Hi "theresult"... You have a real brainstorm on this don't you? :-)

The key here is to differentiate between questions that provide answers that we didn't already know and those that provide answers that concur with our original preconception of result.

Take simple mathematics, addition for instance. Most have learned to remember the results of adding any digit between 1 and 9, although some people may have to rely on fingers and toes to count out the answer.

However, by simply being able to add just 9 different digits together, we are then able to use this systematically to add *any* number to another by using the same method on each set of digits within the numbers.

So, while we are able to "know" the answer when adding "small" numbers together, we can use this knowledge to derive answers that we didn't already know.

The same may be said of any knowledge. We cumulatively use knowledge that we already possess to define the limits of our understanding, but then push the boundary into the grey areas, using our existing understanding (stretched a little) to understand something that we didn't know before - thus learning in the process.

The boundaries are then that little bit larger and the grey area moves outward.

Imagination plays a key part in being able to ask questions - The "what if" scenario. We take existing knowledge and abstract it, conceiving something that is beyond our comprehension but that is rooted in our current understanding. By asking questions, we move closer to that goal of cognescence.

You may ask the following question:

Is it possible to ask a question concerning a subject matter that you do not know exists? Many people know little about nuclear physics but they have probably "heard" of it and so they could ask a question about it - "What is it?" However, how do you ask a question of which there is no knowledge.

Consider then, inspiration... the effect of synchronicity in concepts locked away in the mind that combine to a common destiny to give an epiphany, a window to knowledge that wasn't previously known.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
hey there cube

love reading your posts btw you put it into very good english " i fail " lol

So do i ask this question and i know the answer? already becouse its based on paramaters?

It does freak me out
i feel like neo on acid sometimes only problem is this aint no movie and im not neo lol

sometimes i just give up asking.. but it bugs the hell out of me knowing i know kinda thing?

I use a logical system called maths that tells me life is not logical and what the hell is going on with that?

So i gave up using maths i thought OK let me use maths ON maths.. then i got closer " i thought outside the box "...

led me down some wacky theorys about what i am.. i feel like some fractal in some never ending loop but that never makes any sens either..

Im just glad one day i will die.. and end this loop crap.. lol "in good time and i dont advocate anyone do anything silly" !!

new topics

top topics

join